Cushman & Wakefield

Canada59 reviews

Found 59 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,799 reviews
lotenvironmentenjoypeopletimemanagementworkingcompany

Typical 3rd Party Property Management Firm

C&W is a typical 3rd Party Property Manager. They don’t own the properties so they don’t have a lot of say in the long term capital or future of the buildings.

Pros

Steady pay, Mon to Fri.

Cons

Poor culture, lots of of old school technology

Not Recommended

Incompetent and lying Management.Toxic work environment, good on your face & hostile behind your back.Favoritism.Safety is not practiced.It is not a place to build your career.

Cons

Toxic work environment, Incompetent Management

Insights into Cushman & Wakefield

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Clear sense of purpose

shortage of skilled managers

Appointing a handy man as a manager was a risky move and did not pay off. Unable to lead teamHe needs 5 years work as manager assistant first before moving up to managing position

You are just a number

When CW cam into the management they restructured and got rid of all the really good leaders who made the culture so positive. Now you are just a number. There is a real negative moral and you never know when your time is up. There is a real sense of "affirmative action" where they are hiring to check a box of diversity and not hiring the most qualified

Pros

Cons

Poor leadership, no sense of commitment to the team

fun place to work

nice place to work , super fun , supportive people, nice customers , some perks working there such as discounts in the mall , fun to work at x mas time

Job description changed weekly

Never heard from or seen managment until it affected thier job. Incompetent good old boys club blaming lower positions for thier incompetence. They are the ones that should be replaced. Start over. Horrible culture.

Pros

Cons

They walk around blind.

Not a good vibe

Management doesnt really care whether you work here or not. They are more focussed on the dollars instead of the employees.If you are an agent it is even worse. Sometimes it takes days to get an answer from management.Admin support is very scarce Not worth the 50% of your commissions that they take.THeir systems are very onerous and time consuming to work with.Takes too long to get paid on dealsThere is no company culture.They do not support those that are mid level or starting out so much. They care about the dollar that is IT.Not a first choice for a commercial realtor to work.

Cons

Terrible management support

Great

I love working here. I admire the competence of the people with whom I interact. I am allowed to take on the challenges that I feel competent taking on. Yet there is always someone available to back me up as needed.

Terrible management and horrible work environment

Management is awful. They don't care about your families and expect a ton of work for not much pay. Mostly men work there and its very chauvinist environment Don't expect to be treated fairly.

Cons

long hours, no overtime

Great entry job

Great job to obtain if you’re wanting experience before applying for policing or corrections. Cliques form easily and it takes awhile to gain trust from supervisors. Not ideal if you’re used to working at a slower pace and on your own agenda - everyone collaborates. The workplace is diverse and you get to know everyone pretty quickly. Really no chance for advancement unless you’re with the company for years .

Great culture, but fast paced real estate firm.

The company is a global corporate real estate firm. Decent benefits. Great people to work with. Corporate culture and social events are great. Mangers and brokers are great deal and work with. Work / Life balance is ok. As with most jobs these days, no job security.

Very stressful, and disorganized company

Working at C&W on this account was very stressful. The management had poor organizational skills which reflected in almost every aspect of work. They treated their workers like robots, often making us over work without compensation. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. I wish I had better things to say about them, but unfortunately that's not the case.

Treated like a number

Not impressed with how they don't do inside movement for advancement. They are not strong on training for career advancement. People that I work with are great, and we are all thinking the same way. Is a job instead of a career.

Friendly workplace working with smart people

I worked at Cushman for one summer. Everyone is super nice while working together to meet weekly targets. Located in the heart of Toronto Financial District, with plenty of food and access to public transit nearby.

Worst Company to work for .

I worked for Cushman and Wakefield for a year, was promised Full time and benefits and never received them. My Manager severely wronged me and I took it to their HR Department and was told it was not their problem. I have never been treated with so much disrespect in my career by Cushman & Wakefield. I do not recommend working or buying from them.

Never accept a position here

Management has no experience in leading teams, only cares about the bottomline. Staff are constantly worried about getting fired. If you are a high level functioning person avoid this company.

Pros

Cons

Management is limited in abilities

Fast pace

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and talking to people, the challenging part of the job was the confrontations will uncooperative people.

Pros

Benefits and experience

Cons

no cons

A good place to start with your career in real estate

lots of exposures if you are with the right senior management, lots of help from peer colleagues to excel your skills and knowledge in real estate in general. could be better if the company has offered more transparency in employee rewarding and performance review.

Great company to work

Follow all the policies , very good training , great celebrations Christmas time, respect the opinion of the staff . If the hire again I can come back happy

Depends on your colleagues

The daily routine is fairly easy, but if you have lazy/crazy colleagues, especially who has been there for a long time... the management would truest them instead of looking into your performance.. just be careful of who you work with.

can be stressul

depends on the account one is being assigned too but can be stressful at time management is supportive not doing so well in Canada wish it was developed more

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cushman & Wakefield. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement