Curves / Jenny Craig Employee Reviews

Good place to work but not enough hours
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 June 2019
It’s a good place to work, you get to help people achieve their goals. But a lot of pressure to maintain the number of clients you have. You weekly hour is based on how many clients you booked for the week. Food is really expensive to buy, clients usually will stop coming if they don’t see results in a month. Also there are a lot of things you cannot control, like what clients eat what they do. A lot of them lie about what they did in the past week. And there’s no way you can find out if it is true or not.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits.
Cons
Really hard to keep clients coming back
Enjoyable workplace
Health and Fitness Coach (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON8 October 2017
Assisting members in reaching their fitness goals
Management has been great and very encouraging
A lot of resources provided in order to complete every day work tasks
A great way to meet members of your local community and build relationships
Poorly managed, failing company
Wellness consultant: code for sales, telemarketing (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON20 March 2017
Recruitment compared to first week on job felt like a bait and switch scam. Only got worse over time, gave over 5 months, by the end management was completely unraveling and it was effecting my work and home life too much. Company does not care about staff or clients, only numbers, no integrity. Any mistake was paid for out of pocket, I personally paid if not balanced, even if not my fault. Overall very sad, loved many of my clients.
Friendly clientele but poor management.
Fitness Coach (Former Employee) –  Walnut Grove, BC10 November 2016
The ladies were very friendly and helpful while the manager was away, which was most of the time. My first shift I was left alone to close and in my entire term of employment I never worked on shift with either another employee or the manager. I was instructed to call women to advertise and answer calls from women wishing to join the gym but told explicitly not to tell any of those women what the average monthly fee was. The quiet atmosphere was nice but the lack of management made it a very high stress job. During my three months three other girls quit, my paycheck bounced and my manager yelled at me for not being available three days a week during school. Despite the disappointment from the walnut grove location I heard lovely things from the ladies abut other curves locations, most notably the Langley location which could have at any given time three or up to six people on shift nearly always including the manager.
Pros
The women were friendly and explained a lot about the job.
Cons
The manager was inconsiderate and changed hours without notice.
Overall good
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AB14 June 2016
Depending which jenny your working for
i personally had the chance to work with
jenny franchise
i loved my coworkers, it is a bunch of girls mostly
so things can get a little catty.
The job advancements are amazing and i the pay is really good
as long as you work for it.