Curtiss-Wright

Curtiss-Wright Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
Stressful atmosphere
The managers are not supportive and they tell you one thing and change their mind on the go. Terrible environment to work in and wouldn't recommend. The only good thing is the benefits are great.
Great people but horrible management and culture.
The staff are dedicated and hardworking which allows management to take advantage. Downsizing and increasing workloads are the norm.
Although employee surveys are done to find out what is wrong with the culture and morale, there is no follow through or action taken.

Shareholders and management compensation first, leaving very little for customers or employees.
challenging layers against change
christmas party is fun
you need to know the right people to advance

regular perks here and there

perks are slowly being taken away

global company so you can move
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
stress
Good place
Not even sure if the place I worked is in buisness anymore, but it was a good place to work while I was there. Clean atmosphere and friendly workers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
out of buisness
Great product, poorly managed
A once great company turned into corporate politics, with management unable to effectively manage the union shop floor. Attempts to change culture fail because of lack of respect for shop employees, poor decision making and rewarding yes-men. Management is a revolving door, and no effort is provided to actually improve performance but rather unrealistic deadlines are given, which fails when the union shop won't work to the schedule. Some great minds there, just obfuscated by anyone speaking over others.
Pros
Decent pay. Some wise employees and out of the box thinking
Cons
Toxic work environment, Incredibly poor management, Arrogant management, Poor decision making by management, Rewarding Yes-Men and the complainers
High workload and unrealistic expectations with no support staff
Diverse opportunities to grow however the price tag is personal family life suffers
Senior management encouraging ideas but no supports to move forward, always catchup

Intercompany politics leave employeez frustrated and lack of middle management decision making abilities adds to the chaos
Pros
Exposure to out of the box thinking
Cons
Unrealistic expectations on workload and timelines
Understaffed, and overworked due to archaic tools, ERP system and custom Sharepoint data management system,
Great people, good work atmosphere. Management is disconnected and arrogant. This company is not transparent, will not divulge pay brackets, bonus structure. Management is treated on a much different level than the regular staff (pay, bonuses, incentives, travel for 'training').
Pros
Great people
Cons
Management is ineffective.
Environnement de travail productif et agréable
La compagnie a une bonne mentalité face à l'apprentissage.
Pros
On acquiert beaucoup de conaissances
Cons
Demande beaucoup de temps
Well managed organization with a diverse workforce.
Working with leading edge technology.

In house manufacturing facility.
A great company to work with, good pay and benefits.
Their OTD KPI is what screws up their Quality, products delivered had quality issues not caught earlier and ended up as RMAs. They also micro-managed and hands are tied up not able to make your own call - no empowerment at all. Top Management should look into this as this not cost effective at all and runs counter to their Lean practices.

Overall I enjoyed my term with the company particularly people I've worked with.
Pros
Love their once in a while Cafeteria free treats!
Cons
Employees are under appreciated and recognized. Its always a GO, GO situation, firefighting and quality is compromised.
A very fast pace great company to work for
Very fast paced environment entering Dwg's and Data into SAP. I run CCB meetings four times per week to determine if all Board members are in agreement of new ECO's being presented which affects multiple Products.

My co-workers are a wonderful team who work together problem solving and introduction of new processes.

This position can be extremely busy with many different steps that are being following by a CM spreadsheet which is not updated and sometimes incorrect which could cause problems with Auditing.

There is so much to learn and we are currently implementing Agile which is very exciting as I love new challenges.
Pros
Great Pay and very interesting.
Cons
I would like to expand my horizons by being able to trouble shoot which is not an option
Comfortable work environment. Very friendly people
I thoroughly enjoyed working at this plant. The people who worked there were very friendly and provided me with a safe work environment for me to work in.
Pros
Fridays off
Cons
10 hour shifts
Company going downhill
Company business is getting to complicated and customer and work place is suffering.
Curtis Wright Controls
This business was an excellent place to work!. The job itself keeps you busy because there is so much to learn beyond my part as a student, filing clerk. The management was very organized and co-workers we're very kind and willing to answer any questions.
Pros
Great Work, People
Cons
Closer to Ottawa
Very interesting work
Great people, fun job, good pay! Very High tech atmosphere, no micromanagement, you are treated very well.
Pros
Great atmosphere, laid back
Cons
aerospace is cut throat
I learned alot of interesting things at this job.
During this time I read blueprints to follow threw work orders in producing scientifically designed electronic components for airplanes.
Pros
yearly bonus and free lunches, as well as fun christmas parties.
Cons
not enough interaction with people.
Worked for Curtiss Wright for 24 years and enjoyed every minute of it.
Great place to work! Fast paced environment with dedicated employees working hard to meet quality and on time delivery.
Pros
internal advancements
Cons
transferring the manufacture of products to mexico
meet with very nice co-workers and happy to work at Curtiss Wright Controls. I had have to leave a job shortage reason.
I got a good experience in working with test procedures and supporting documents and BOM (Build Of Materias).
And I got experience of DOS operating system and Windows environment, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.