Curaga logo
Curaga

Curaga Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse in Sioux Lookout, ON

4.8
Work-life balance

I would recommend working with this company, my boarding process was easy and they reply back to you immediately, very friendly people and treat you with respect, love this company. Will continue working here

Pros

Pay, living, friendly

Excellent Pay, Exciting Opportunities, Quick to respond

Curaga is a great company to work for. They provide exciting opportunities for nurses, & other fields. They are flexible, supportive, & respond quick.

Pros

Travel opportunities, Supportive, Pay

Cons

Remote

Not what I expected

When I was first hired with curaga I was told it would be on a med surge floor at the hospital in Sioux lookout. Closer to the date when I was to leave for my new job I found out it was not in the hospital but at a LTC home, which was not what I was expecting nor told about. I felt as if I had been lied to and that it was hidden somewhere in the job description. By all means they were happy to answer any questions that I had at all times but just failed to mention this part of the job title, kinda big. The job just wasn’t for me, I felt very isolated being away from home. When I asked to be trained at the hospital, where I was suppose to work they kept saying “maybe” but I would have to prioritize the LTC. I ended up leaving the job and flying home paying out of pocket, which was very difficult to even get a flight. Most of the people I met along the way were great! Sad it had to end so fast.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Job title inaccurate, isolated

Very accommodating and flexible, always put there employee's best interest.

As i am just embarking into this new role, the company give me a good real sense of what it is like working in such a new set up. I am persuade and all my uncertainty were answered to it's best. Very flexible and supportive of any circumstances i am in and they always offer an option where I find balance between work and life.

Great experience

Highly recommend this agency as a Registered Nurse. I was offered an awesome contract that was individually suited to my interests and experience. Their admin staff is very supportive and understanding, the pay was great and the agency really advocates for their staff. Overall great experience as an employee so far and looking forward to continuing to work for them.