Curaga

Curaga Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

The person interviewing me wanted to verify information on my resume, and I had a bunch of questions to ask, but as he kept talking, questions I had were answered.He asked me a few times If I had any questions the entire time. They also gave me the chance for a second interview directly with the hospital if I had any specific questions for the team there. The pay is definitely worth it alone. I applied because I would probably never visit the town I work in on my own, to be honest.
Pros
High pay, OT pay, Travel, Free accommodation.
Cons
No permanent full-time offer with Curaga
When I was first hired with curaga I was told it would be on a med surge floor at the hospital in Sioux lookout. Closer to the date when I was to leave for my new job I found out it was not in the hospital but at a LTC home, which was not what I was expecting nor told about. I felt as if I had been lied to and that it was hidden somewhere in the job description. By all means they were happy to answer any questions that I had at all times but just failed to mention this part of the job title, kinda big. The job just wasn’t for me, I felt very isolated being away from home. When I asked to be trained at the hospital, where I was suppose to work they kept saying “maybe” but I would have to prioritize the LTC. I ended up leaving the job and flying home paying out of pocket, which was very difficult to even get a flight. Most of the people I met along the way were great! Sad it had to end so fast.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Job title inaccurate, isolated
I absolutely love this company and would recommend it to anyone! I really feel like they are genuine and have your best interest at heart. As a new grad, I found it pretty intimidating trying to find a job I felt comfortable with, but I felt like the employees at Curaga really supported me throughout the whole process and answered any question I had. I also thought the moving transition went pretty smoothly and they helped immensely throughout that process as well. Will continue to work with Curaga in the future. Definitely recommend! :)
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
N/a
I would definitely reccomend my fellow nurses to seek employment with this company. As a Registered Nurse working in Toronto, with some work experience under my belt, I can confidently say Curaga has been one of my favourite companies to work with to date. I especially valued the communication of management. Extremely warm and welcoming!
As i am just embarking into this new role, the company give me a good real sense of what it is like working in such a new set up. I am persuade and all my uncertainty were answered to it's best. Very flexible and supportive of any circumstances i am in and they always offer an option where I find balance between work and life.
Highly recommend this agency as a Registered Nurse. I was offered an awesome contract that was individually suited to my interests and experience. Their admin staff is very supportive and understanding, the pay was great and the agency really advocates for their staff. Overall great experience as an employee so far and looking forward to continuing to work for them.