Curaga
Curaga Employee Review

RPN experience

29 April 2021
The person interviewing me wanted to verify information on my resume, and I had a bunch of questions to ask, but as he kept talking, questions I had were answered.He asked me a few times If I had any questions the entire time. They also gave me the chance for a second interview directly with the hospital if I had any specific questions for the team there. The pay is definitely worth it alone. I applied because I would probably never visit the town I work in on my own, to be honest.
5.0Job security/advancement
Pros
High pay, OT pay, Travel, Free accommodation.
Cons
No permanent full-time offer with Curaga
1 June 2021
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) - Sioux Lookout, ON
I would recommend working with this company, my boarding process was easy and they reply back to you immediately, very friendly people and treat you with respect, love this company. Will continue working here
Pros
Pay, living, friendly
1 June 2021
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) - Sioux Lookout, ON
Curaga is a great company to work for. They provide exciting opportunities for nurses, & other fields. They are flexible, supportive, & respond quick.
Pros
Travel opportunities, Supportive, Pay
Cons
Remote
20 April 2021
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) - Sioux Lookout, ON
When I was first hired with curaga I was told it would be on a med surge floor at the hospital in Sioux lookout. Closer to the date when I was to leave for my new job I found out it was not in the hospital but at a LTC home, which was not what I was expecting nor told about. I felt as if I had been lied to and that it was hidden somewhere in the job description. By all means they were happy to answer any questions that I had at all times but just failed to mention this part of the job title, kinda big. The job just wasn’t for me, I felt very isolated being away from home. When I asked to be trained at the hospital, where I was suppose to work they kept saying “maybe” but I would have to prioritize the LTC. I ended up leaving the job and flying home paying out of pocket, which was very difficult to even get a flight. Most of the people I met along the way were great! Sad it had to end so fast.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Job title inaccurate, isolated