CUPS

CUPS Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews

Generally a lovely place to work

CUPS is a collaborative environment and is working toward even further integrated care - clients get a lot of wrap around supports and people who work there really genuinely care about the client experience. I would say CUPS wages are on the lower side of the market, and benefits are standard. Management is generally good at listening to staff and implementing measures to support well-being, though in helping professions in general there is a ways to go to prevent and protect people from burn out and vicarious trauma, which still happens at CUPS to many staff.

Pros

causal dress, nice staff, clients love CUPS, flexibility and change when needed

Cons

Overtime can happen if you dont set solid boundaries, difficult to hear and see traumatizing things, wages are not competitive

Stressful and fast paced work environment.

The managers are really nice people but unfortunately they don't do anything about the work place bullying and rather put the bully in a supervisor position. For this reason it is very difficult to keep staff.

Insights into CUPS

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Supportive environment

Mediocrity

Unsafe working conditions due to upper management not understanding front line role. Staff expectations are outrageous, no one can be expected to achieve the demands. Front line gets abused by clients and collegues. Trust no one here, as behind your back talk exists.

The less I say the better

Nothing good to say, I’ve been taught if I have nothing good to say don’t say anything at all. To work hard does not get you very far, but being lazy will get you there

Good place to work- have to be willing to go with the flow

In the midst of a renewal where they are trying to clarify and adjust their service delivery. Results in a lot of grey area and lack of direction/clarity for staff. Communication is terrible, both within the agency and delivery to those accessing services. Pay is on the lower scale offer a good work life balance Not a lot of opportunity for advancement Upper Management is very approachable

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Poor pay

Nurturing Parenting Program

The Nurturing Parenting Program is a Strength Based approach for low-income families. CUPS is a very inviting place for families to learn and develop skills as well as a trusted place to bring children to accomplish the same. I strongly recommed this organization for both employers and persons alike.

challenging and rewarding job opportunity

working with homeless and disadvantaged populations is demanding and usually rewarding the corporate structure was not complicated-access to directors open

Pros

great work environment

Cons

challenging mental health clients

make a difference

vulnerable populations making a difference compassionate trail blazers health education housing building futures for Calgary's less fortunate mental health

Fun place to work with great people

I was a Volunteer at CUPS so a typical day for me was reviewing project documents and reports. Management was pretty relaxed - co-workers were quite supportive and friendly. My job was hard because there was sometimes lack of defined terms and directions. The most enjoyable part was the contribution I made and the friendships created.

Pros

Free lunch and good people

Cons

No incentive - stipend

Daily learning about the homeless.

Working with the homeless was an eye opener it allowed me to appreciate myself

not a bad place to work

But could be way better. Good place to work if you enjoy helping others, lots of programs and resources. To many complainers and practical jokers. Not a very mature staff. Management could use some training on recruiting, ethics and promoting employees. Some employees do not give 100% and work 5-6 hr days and take too many days off leaving workload on others. I mostly enjoy seeing someone move on in life after learning the skills to help them become a successful member in society.

Pros

nice mix of people, staff events, benefits are great

Cons

poor advancement opportunities, management needs some training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CUPS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement