Cummins Employee Review

Forced to chase irrelevant metrics instead of being productive.
Field Service Supervisor - Power Generation (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC11 April 2013
The people I worked with were, for the most part, pretty good. Like any workplace there was the usual politics & backstabbing but overall not too bad. Our so called manager never did anything to promote team spirit and actively sought to drive wedges between departments. His lack of leadership & even competence was on display every day.
Every month we were forced to audit some failed metric from the previous month with little or no explanation as to it's relevance. Any criticism or questioning of the metric is met with indignation;
"How dare you question the Great Oz!" was the perception. I got the impression that nobody really knew what the answers were but didn't want to admit it.

All in all, a pretty disappointing experience after great hype.
Pros
got to leave early to read with my son's class weekly
Cons
poor leadership, average wages but 24/7 availability expectation.

Other Cummins Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Product Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, WI3 April 2018
Cummins is an amazing place to work at. They've got great benefits, amazing work culture, a great place to learn and maintain a good work life balance.
It has been good
Work Intern-Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Columbus, IN27 March 2018
It's good so far. I mean, I like it. Everyone is really nice. My manager is kind and helpful. It's very very busy and there is always a new project to start.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cummins. Our community is ready to answer.