Cummins Employee Reviews

Found 63 reviews matching the search See all 2,867 reviews
Reality check!!
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2019
Manage by fear is the culture in Western Canada. Senior leadership and managers talk negatively about each other as well as their staff; extremely low morale. Staff are always on edge regarding their job so finger pointing is the norm.

Payroll errors went on for months and months.. US based payroll staff had little to no knowledge regarding provincial standards or timelines to issue Record of Employment, terminated employees had to wait several weeks after being fired to receive their final pay or start an EI claims

Unless you are a technician this is a really horrible place to work.
Pros
Employees are encouraged to give back thru volunteering
Cons
Senior leadership
hi
Dealer Network Development Representative (Former Employee) –  winnipeg23 January 2019
every professional who is destined to continue to expand their knowledge of new sales and products, is limiting their level at success in any thing they do. There are dreamers, and people who know what their doing in life. Which one you choose is only up to you.
Challenging and Adventurous.
FIELD SEVICE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Other4 January 2019
Daily work with new challenges, allowing growth and interesting faults for learning and methods of repair. The Coulter within Cummins is Energetic and fast pasted allowing for development and self improvement.
Pros
Personal Growth.
High integrity
Manager (Former Employee) –  Distribution22 November 2018
Exceptional growing multinational company, a leader in its industry. Culture is rooted in values of caring, safety, diversity, doing the right thing, and development of its people. Product performance is strong, CEO and regional presidents are inspiring.
Pros
Opportunity and ethical, caring culture
Cons
Large international company, and with that comes bulk, slow to update systems
Work as a remote technician for a large territory (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB5 November 2018
Politics are thick at Cummins, If you dont like dealing with Internal issues all the time i wouldnt suggest this place to anyone. You can make good money but the trade off for personal life i feel wasnt worth it in the end. I will never work for them again
Workplace culture
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey BC1 November 2018
Help and advise were always at hand. Always felt a close part of the company. Challenging & interesting. loved getting up and going to work every morning with a sense of pride in what i did and accomplished in 10 years. The training and seminars educated me to be a successful Project Manager. i got due recognition, which goaded me to do better.
Pros
Travel to sites, interaction with the Eng. houses and grasping that information
Cons
very long hours and worked most saturdays
think before you leave your job before you take one at cummins
parts wicket (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 October 2018
i was hired as a parts wicket person but was not giving any proper training
the supervisor was very poor ,the other parts guy was back stabbers
management was very poor
cummins preach that the are a company where the put people first
i was there for 2 months but i never felt it for one second
very very un happy place to work
Pros
the money was good
Cons
poor management
Heavy Duty Engine Repair
Mechanic Helper (Former Employee) –  Port Kells, BC28 June 2018
This company was great to me in my time there. They have a great management group and great employees. I was there for a short time but I was treated with great respect and class. The engine parts are heavy, but there are people to help and lifting devices. Great place to work.
Pros
pay
Cons
lots of overtime
workplace culture
Senior IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, IN20 June 2018
great place to work believe communication impacts tasks daily. Plus, approaching employees creates a checks and balances. A manager might believe his or her idea is the best approach to a problem or situation, but those who are most affected may bring up a point that for which hasn’t been accounted.
Loved the Job!
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, WI11 June 2018
I worked for Cummins Emission Solutions as Project Engineer in Stoughton, WI for nearly 9 months working on finding engineering solutions for on and off highway trucks. The job has opened a new door in my career and gave me a chance working on exhaust systems which were installed on 9000cc, 12000cc and 15000cc engines which was very interesting and challenging.

The management was very supportive in every step that I took and every decision I have made being in that role. The multicultural environment has definitely taught me some good lessons and have so many good memories with the workplace. The hardest part of the job is the type of issues we used to deal with finding sensible engineering solutions to existing industrial problems which is again the most enjoyable part of it as everybody that I used to interact and work is an absolute game changer and always there to help and support. If I have an opportunity in the future, I'd definitely be interested to work again.
Pros
Highly energetic and supportive environment
Cons
Extended hours & more work than expected
Lots of problem solving and a fast paced job environment.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB and Lethbridge, AB31 May 2018
I spent 35 years with Cummins and for the most part enjoyed working there. As with any job that you stay at for that length of time you see people come and go plus you go through ups and downs. Yet I'm very proud of the years I spent with the company.
Pros
Generally I was treated very well and felt privileged to be there
Cons
Long hours and sometimes a high stress environment
Great place to work!
Product Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, WI3 April 2018
Cummins is an amazing place to work at. They've got great benefits, amazing work culture, a great place to learn and maintain a good work life balance.
It has been good
Work Intern-Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Columbus, IN27 March 2018
It's good so far. I mean, I like it. Everyone is really nice. My manager is kind and helpful. It's very very busy and there is always a new project to start.
Great Place to work with exceptional staff
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 March 2018
Management has changed over recent years, however the direction of the new leadership is exciting. Most floor employees do a good job and do well handling customer demands.
Pros
Great work life balance. Great staff knowledge base.
Cons
Salary employees put in a lot of extra hours.
A fun place working for large diesel engines
Technician (Former Employee) –  British Columbia4 March 2018
The most fun part working for Cummins is the early morning stretching exercise for injury prevention. I've enjoyed being exposed to different engines. Be mindful of your co-worker or your superior treating you badly, report them to the Cummins ethics helpline immediately, the hardest part of the job is the non-availability of parts during assembly, the most enjoyable part is the training for latest diesel engine technology.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
limited parking
Productive and interesting
Aerodynamics Engineer (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire28 February 2018
Flexible timings are allowed to office. We have option to organize and play games like badminton. People have great work life balance. They give a lot of incentives and offers. It's a good place to work.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Low salary
Great Enviroment
GO Train Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 February 2018
Never had a problem going to work in the morning.
Great co-workers
Good Management
Great Culture
Family is important to such a big company
Opportunity to improve
Over all I enjoyed my job at this employer
Bright Clean and Equipped
Journeyman Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 December 2017
The only thing I could ever say bad about Cummins was that I worked the night shift. Other than that the staff and management were excellent and the shift changes were smooth.
Cummins sales and service Calgary Alberta
Red deer resident field service technician (Former Employee) –  Red deer Alberta supervised by Calgary Alberta7 December 2017
Cummins sales and service Calgary Alberta
Management is very aggressive to their employees not friendly to work for at all. Branch manager bullying techniques to implement policies and to get his way and will get rid of employees if he thinks his job is threatened when corporate wants to speak to employees about certain situations .

Their attitude towards customer service is completely not what Cummins sales and service corporate advertises. This is not a branch you want to work for !!
Pros
The company as a whole is a good company to work for
Cons
Calgary management Will throw you under the bus at any opportunity
Not Good Place to work For
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2017
No one cares even the owner, Lots of Favouritism, Poorly Managed, No action will be taken against a bad behaviour staff, will not recommend any one to work for Cummins Western Canada, Edmonton, Don't know if other branches are same having bad behaviour staff.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Poor Ownership and Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cummins. Our community is ready to answer.

51K