Cummins

Cummins Employee Reviews

Fair place to work, strong focus on how people are treated. Management team not to where they should be for a company of this size. Not nearly enough enfaces on training for technicians. Though office employees seemed to receive all sorts of opportunity for career growth, the mechanics rarely saw any.
Been working for Cummins almost 2 years, Cummins treat there employees with respect, good benefits, stocks et, great people to work with. I would recommend Cummins to anyone.
Do your assignments to the best of your ability, if not sure asked questions there are always someone who are willing to assist and guide you through any difficulties
Pros
Always nice to work for understanding customer
Cons
It’s frustrating when dealing with impatient ones
After 15 years of employment they wouldn't even entertain the idea of moving me to another position after my department was moved to Denver. Throughout my career I had to deal with a terrible work culture where the manager would berate you publicly for the crime of taking a sick day. When you try to report abuse anonymously it is reported back to the person you are reporting! I was told by Corporate that they were aware of the abuse but were unable to do anything because he was a profitable manager. The only thing that kept me there was the money. From the outside this company looks shiny but it's core is rotten.
Pros
Overtime Is double pay
Hired manager that has zero experience in trucking industry and caused a lot of problems and still working there. Blind to what really goes on in there shops . Sad to much politics.
Pros
Good pay/Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Management was easy to talk to when it comes to concerns, however, when it comes to conflict resolution it feels like you can get away with anything. People do what they want and they reward you for working hard or not at all. Can be a 'clicky' environment. Pay and compensation is the best part, but its always about the blame game and self survival.
Management is horrible, lack honesty and integrity. They are only concerned about how they appear to upper management. They cover for each other. Some managers are never even on site, always out running personal errands.
Cummins makes a good product we are all proud to sell and service. The people are knowledgeable helpful and pleasant, going the extra mile to support our customers needs.
Inclusive high performance culture with strong business ethics. Great learning opportunities, constant challenges, opportunity for travel and internal promotion and lateral career opportunities. Strong senior leadership with good long term planning to align with changing and challenging global environment and businsiss climate.
The people and team are highly skilled, the job is demanding and team work is everything. The entire job is people powered and this makes all the difference, people need direction and guidance. Achieved higher production and best quality with least amount of space and resources. Making the impossible happen everyday is not easy but we did it.
Pros
Lunch once a month, celebrate birthdays, safety is paramount
Cons
Very demanding, 100 percent of your pay for 100 percent of your effort
after 13 years i have done it all at Cummins. from receiving to shipping, cores to purchasing, answering phones to face to face. I was able to do it all
I generally like the fact that you can move around the company pretty fairly but the job security and the rural locations is not appealing to millenials.
There are some truly exceptional people at Cummins, however there are some real EGO's and ICON issues at Branch levels. That was my experience. Great training opportunities, fantastic facilities, poor management at the General Management levels.
I will always look back at my experience working at Cummins as a fond one. Though my personal life was a train-wreck at that time I could never complain about my job. I went further in one year than many employees before me had excelled in 3 years it was all about timing. That's not to say that cummins provides room for growth and to move up the ladder in a variety of fields. When working with Cummins I always looked forward to going to work each day!
Management bullies people and makes you feel unworthy Safety is nothing more than a conversation and an expense Lack of Prejob training makes it unsafe and broken equipment remains in use
Cummins is a great place to work and advance in your career. The people working there are highly experienced and knowledgeable. There are lots of efforts made to improve diversity and inclusion in the office and that makes everyone feel welcome.
-Company is very well structured, -global company with head quarters elsewhere. -must be proficient at following online diagnostics with No deviation.
Cummins Western Canada is a great place to work. Unfortunately, corporate in the US decided to lay off, and I was a casualty. I would have enjoyed to continue working here had I been given the opportunity.
Great community leaders and interesting work currently the culture is down mostly due to changes last year. With change in branch management and time I assume it will improve. 12 hr days as field mechanic straight time for first 80 hours unless over 12hrs a day
Rigid structure, well run and efficient business, great experience, but can be low pay unless you climb corporate ladder, but they accelerate youth in management positions. Overall good company, but work hard to succeed.
Cummins is a really good place to work, where the work-life balance is really good. There is a lot of opportunities within the company and they are very flexible in allowing you to move roles inside the company.
  1. Employee reviews