Cummins
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Cummins Employee Reviews

Canada86 reviews
Good place to work, but not enough focus on career development for non-office employees
Fair place to work, strong focus on how people are treated. Management team not to where they should be for a company of this size. Not nearly enough enfaces on training for technicians. Though office employees seemed to receive all sorts of opportunity for career growth, the mechanics rarely saw any.
Poor Management
Hired manager that has zero experience in trucking industry and caused a lot of problems and still working there. Blind to what really goes on in there shops . Sad to much politics.
Pros
Good pay/Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Pay is great but..
Management was easy to talk to when it comes to concerns, however, when it comes to conflict resolution it feels like you can get away with anything. People do what they want and they reward you for working hard or not at all. Can be a 'clicky' environment. Pay and compensation is the best part, but its always about the blame game and self survival.
Dog Eat Dog
Management is horrible, lack honesty and integrity. They are only concerned about how they appear to upper management. They cover for each other.

Some managers are never even on site, always out running personal errands.
The people here are knowledgeable helpful and pleasant.
Cummins makes a good product we are all proud to sell and service. The people are knowledgeable helpful and pleasant, going the extra mile to support our customers needs.
Cummins is a Technology leader its field creating leaning and growth opportunities for anybody who wants to be challanged, grow and develop.
Inclusive high performance culture with strong business ethics. Great learning opportunities, constant challenges, opportunity for travel and internal promotion and lateral career opportunities. Strong senior leadership with good long term planning to align with changing and challenging global environment and businsiss climate.
Demanding, exciting and rewarding.
The people and team are highly skilled, the job is demanding and team work is everything. The entire job is people powered and this makes all the difference, people need direction and guidance. Achieved higher production and best quality with least amount of space and resources. Making the impossible happen everyday is not easy but we did it.
Pros
Lunch once a month, celebrate birthdays, safety is paramount
Cons
Very demanding, 100 percent of your pay for 100 percent of your effort
fast paced, yet supportive
after 13 years i have done it all at Cummins. from receiving to shipping, cores to purchasing, answering phones to face to face. I was able to do it all
It's a good place to start
I generally like the fact that you can move around the company pretty fairly but the job security and the rural locations is not appealing to millenials.
There are some truly exceptional people at Cummins, however there are some real EGO's and ICON issues at Branch levels. That was my experience. Great training opportunities, fantastic facilities, poor management at the General Management levels.
Cummins gives you experience for everything!
I will always look back at my experience working at Cummins as a fond one. Though my personal life was a train-wreck at that time I could never complain about my job. I went further in one year than many employees before me had excelled in 3 years it was all about timing. That's not to say that cummins provides room for growth and to move up the ladder in a variety of fields. When working with Cummins I always looked forward to going to work each day!
Poor treatment of employees
Management bullies people and makes you feel unworthy
Safety is nothing more than a conversation and an expense

Lack of Prejob training makes it unsafe and broken equipment remains in use
Fun collaborative workspace
Cummins is a great place to work and advance in your career. The people working there are highly experienced and knowledgeable. There are lots of efforts made to improve diversity and inclusion in the office and that makes everyone feel welcome.
International company
-Company is very well structured, -global company with head quarters elsewhere.
-must be proficient at following online diagnostics with No deviation.
Great guys
Cummins Western Canada is a great place to work. Unfortunately, corporate in the US decided to lay off, and I was a casualty. I would have enjoyed to continue working here had I been given the opportunity.
Great but culture is poor currently
Great community leaders and interesting work currently the culture is down mostly due to changes last year.
With change in branch management and time I assume it will improve. 12 hr days as field mechanic straight time for first 80 hours unless over 12hrs a day
Rigid corporate structure
Rigid structure, well run and efficient business, great experience, but can be low pay unless you climb corporate ladder, but they accelerate youth in management positions. Overall good company, but work hard to succeed.
Cumins is a really nice company to work for
Cummins is a really good place to work, where the work-life balance is really good. There is a lot of opportunities within the company and they are very flexible in allowing you to move roles inside the company.
Great work environment
Nice place to work, great office space, friendly and team oriented employees. Company has strong values and attributes. Very well structured. Overall very reputable company to work with.
Great company to work for
Great culture: Tolerant and diverse
Many events and community involved.

Clean offices, older shops.

Fortune 500

Happy to work here

Diversity and inclusion
Pros
Job security
Cons
Medium Payer
horrible place to work as a shipper receiver
Good place for some but not me, I was stuck doing most the grunt work because of my age and work ethic. since being bought out by Cummins in the States, Cummins in Canada has gone down hill in terms of taking care of employees.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
can be stuck in one job task and never advance despite great performance reviews