Cummins Employee Reviews

Heavy Duty Engine Repair
Mechanic Helper (Former Employee) –  Port Kells, BC28 June 2018
This company was great to me in my time there. They have a great management group and great employees. I was there for a short time but I was treated with great respect and class. The engine parts are heavy, but there are people to help and lifting devices. Great place to work.
Pros
pay
Cons
lots of overtime
workplace culture
Senior IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, IN20 June 2018
great place to work believe communication impacts tasks daily. Plus, approaching employees creates a checks and balances. A manager might believe his or her idea is the best approach to a problem or situation, but those who are most affected may bring up a point that for which hasn’t been accounted.
Lots of problem solving and a fast paced job environment.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB and Lethbridge, AB31 May 2018
I spent 35 years with Cummins and for the most part enjoyed working there. As with any job that you stay at for that length of time you see people come and go plus you go through ups and downs. Yet I'm very proud of the years I spent with the company.
Pros
Generally I was treated very well and felt privileged to be there
Cons
Long hours and sometimes a high stress environment
Great place to work!
Product Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, WI3 April 2018
Cummins is an amazing place to work at. They've got great benefits, amazing work culture, a great place to learn and maintain a good work life balance.
It has been good
Work Intern-Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Columbus, IN27 March 2018
It's good so far. I mean, I like it. Everyone is really nice. My manager is kind and helpful. It's very very busy and there is always a new project to start.
Great Place to work with exceptional staff
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 March 2018
Management has changed over recent years, however the direction of the new leadership is exciting. Most floor employees do a good job and do well handling customer demands.
Pros
Great work life balance. Great staff knowledge base.
Cons
Salary employees put in a lot of extra hours.
A fun place working for large diesel engines
Technician (Former Employee) –  British Columbia4 March 2018
The most fun part working for Cummins is the early morning stretching exercise for injury prevention. I've enjoyed being exposed to different engines. Be mindful of your co-worker or your superior treating you badly, report them to the Cummins ethics helpline immediately, the hardest part of the job is the non-availability of parts during assembly, the most enjoyable part is the training for latest diesel engine technology.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
limited parking
Productive and interesting
Aerodynamics Engineer (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire28 February 2018
Flexible timings are allowed to office. We have option to organize and play games like badminton. People have great work life balance. They give a lot of incentives and offers. It's a good place to work.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Low salary
Great Enviroment
GO Train Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 February 2018
Never had a problem going to work in the morning.
Great co-workers
Good Management
Great Culture
Family is important to such a big company
Opportunity to improve
Over all I enjoyed my job at this employer
Bright Clean and Equipped
Journeyman Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 December 2017
The only thing I could ever say bad about Cummins was that I worked the night shift. Other than that the staff and management were excellent and the shift changes were smooth.
Cummins sales and service Calgary Alberta
Red deer resident field service technician (Former Employee) –  Red deer Alberta supervised by Calgary Alberta7 December 2017
Cummins sales and service Calgary Alberta
Management is very aggressive to their employees not friendly to work for at all. Branch manager bullying techniques to implement policies and to get his way and will get rid of employees if he thinks his job is threatened when corporate wants to speak to employees about certain situations .

Their attitude towards customer service is completely not what Cummins sales and service corporate advertises. This is not a branch you want to work for !!
Pros
The company as a whole is a good company to work for
Cons
Calgary management Will throw you under the bus at any opportunity
Not Good Place to work For
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2017
No one cares even the owner, Lots of Favouritism, Poorly Managed, No action will be taken against a bad behaviour staff, will not recommend any one to work for Cummins Western Canada, Edmonton, Don't know if other branches are same having bad behaviour staff.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Poor Ownership and Management
Great people great job
Mechanics Assistant (Former Employee) –  AB9 October 2017
challenging fast pace work environment, cleanliness and ability to be organized are a must. working with like minded people in industry leading shops.
Cummins had awesome people working there. Hard working and dedicated to make the company better.
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2017
Check employees time from the day before and send off to Payroll. Open repair orders with customers. Enter repairs done to engines. Apply for warranty online. Invoice repair orders. Book appointments with customers.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Company was looking for full time hours and I was hired for part time. Took work home to complete.
Great company with excellent compensation
Order Picker, Parts runner, Head shipper/receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 August 2017
Great company and solid product. Union shop with plenty of perks and great benifits to go along with it. Most employees are long timers and are set to retire comfortably!
Well rounded company
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB20 July 2017
This was a Temp position and my second time at this employer. Staff is very friendly and positive to work with. The global aspect of the company was the best part
Fun workplace and lots of training
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS4 July 2017
Great company lots of training and was always new products to work on and learn.great company to worker info on all new and upcoming things with the company
Pros
Lots of free trips
Cons
Very busy all the time
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 June 2017
We have fun while working safely. They provide us with free lunches and many company outings. We get to volunteer at the Siloam Mission and various other places in Winnipeg.
N/a
Co-op Work Term (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 May 2017
Work placement student went for a two week co-op work term. Nice place to work at learned plentiful of information in regards to maintain a proper working truck N/A
Poor management
Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 January 2017
Double standards, favoritism, very little respect. This place is a pay check and nothing more. New positions are given on favoritism and not skills, experience or tenure.
Company has taken away bonuses, or now give very little. No resepect is given, every speaks to one another poorly. No management in office. people come and go as they please, but then others are held accountable for being on time getting work done etc

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cummins. Our community is ready to answer.