Culligan

Culligan Employee Reviews

Busy and great regulars.

Great customers, and I enjoy the people I work with. Was more of a call centre position when I first started, which I was not prepared for, but learned quickly. Hourly wage is not very good.

Training

Horriable training. I was there for 2.5 months. Never got fully trained till 1 week prior to being dismissed for not understanding my role. The management is poor as she has little yo no experience in hrr role. I was too sales and top 3 for phone calls and they dismissed me due to lack of training.

Pros

Cheap water

Cons

Training, managrment and communication

Ineptitude

The management is incompetent. They pile work on you and expect you to do over time. Drivers leave because they have too many calls. It's hard physical work and worst company I've worked for.

Pros

This was a great place to work

I have absolutely no complaints, there was fair compensation and it was a pleasant atmosphere. I learned a lot at my time with the company. Highly recommended.

Stay away

Worst place I've ever worked at. Hardly any training is provided as a CSR and they expect you to be able to do the job without it. If I had to ask a question I was met with an attitude and sometimes even an eye roll. Delivery drivers seem to quit daily. Save yourself the time and look elsewhere.

Pros

Absolutely nothing.

Cons

Eveything about the place.

18 August 2021
I'm very sorry to hear this was your experience at Culligan. There are a number of experienced CSRs at the Surrey location that are always willing to assist with our usual rigorous training program.I would be happy to speak with you further about your experience.J. Clark, HR Manager, Culligan of Canada

A fun place to work, an excellent employer to work for.

Culligan of Canada is a good company to work for, very supportive, good work environment, avenue for support and career development. Help with education and family support.

Pros

Good employee benefits

Cons

not a good place to work for

I was the only hardest employee/driver. After 8 months they called me to the office and they said we are going to get rid off some routes and they fired me. I went home and started looking for a job again. I saw that when I was looking for a job, Culligan is looking for a driver again..your job there is not secured and they will look for some reason to let you go.if you are looking for a long career, I would not suggest this place to anyone.stay away from culligan brantford or any culligan branches

Pros

Cons

long hours, nonsense routes

rewarding job

can have long days, depending on position can also be very physical duties, pay was salary plus commission, on a scale within a thirty day period, so could get stressful to try and get top pay in commission

Customer Service - Culligan Peterborough

Currently employed in customer service and foresee myself retiring from this role some day. Lots of advancement opportunities. Great group of staff. Easy to find help when you need it.

Pros

Mon-Fri, great coworkers, lots of training and assistance

Production worker

It was okay! Pay is low for what you do Some great co workers but that’s about all I can say. Once Covid happened, they chose who to lay off and not call back, which is shady. If you like to be lazy and play on your phone all day, this is your job! If you actually wanna work, look elsewhere

18 August 2021
As with many businesses at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, we were forced to lay off workers due to a downturn in business. We were very lucky to be able to bring back every worker that was laid off as our business picked up again.We sincerely hope you have found a rewarding position.

Pathetic Company I have ever worked

Highly stressful & manager treats you like a machine. Work culture is so poor that they always look for chances to complaint against you. Highly insensitive co-workers. Complicated softwares, terrible training pattern & expectations are mountainous. Trainers are confused & repercussions will be faced by you. Manager always scared me of losing job despite being a top performer.

3 March 2020
We’re very sorry to hear this was your experience working with us. We take our training and our employee’s job satisfaction very seriously. The CSR Lead at the Calgary office always goes above and beyond to recognize good employees and their work, including an annual recognition of great work luncheon.I would welcome constructive feedback at any time if you would like to contact me directly.J. Clark, HR Manager, Culligan of Canada

Poor Management

The company had a very poor interview process. They did all the Talking they didn't ask us any questions. Up shake your hand. That would be the end of it

Pros

If you live in Cambridge close to home. Reception is friendly.

Cons

Nothing good about this place. Management is terrible.

3 March 2020
We’re very sorry to hear this was your experience during the interview process.I would welcome constructive feedback at any time if you would like to contact me directly.J. Clark, HR Manager, Culligan of Canada

Ok place to work

It wasn't a terrible place to work. Only problem is when it comes to taking time off, they are rude about it. I was let go because of an injury I received and was off work for a little while. Wouldn't recommend.

3 March 2020
We’re very sorry to hear this was your experience working for us. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you as we would never release someone for the reason you described.Please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to discuss further.J. Clark, HR Manager, Culligan of Canada

Good environment, excellent learning possibilities, impressive customer service.

I received a huge treatment from the managers and coworkers. The culture of the company is based in friendship and that helps to make the job more interesting.

Avoid at all costs

Management is terrible, little to no training provided, and constant finger pointing and shifting the blame. Sales reps run rampant selling the impossible and promising the world to customers, leaving the techs with no information or communication. The office people have no clue of anything and are too busy on Facebook to care. No one values your life outside of work and they make sure to work every last bit of energy out of you.

3 March 2020
We’re very sorry to hear this is your experience working for us. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns at any time.J. Clark, HR Manager, Culligan of Canada

Wouldn't recommend

Decent place to work. Cheap pay though and hard to get hired on Alot of lifting and pushing a water cart through doorways and into factories is the worse

Big Expectations, management could not follow through

Was an interesting start with company. Seemed very exciting and a great opportunity but quickly learned that not to be true. Barrie location does not do their own training, they outsource to another company where unless you've been living under a rock, all information they teach is common sense (even to someone who had little sales experience). Once you begin working for them you quickly learn you are on your own - they dictate where you go and how you do your job and always expect more than what they are supplying you with to succeed. Mentality is that managers know everything (even though sales techniques are massively outdated they push these old ideas on new employees). The number one way of advertising was through flyers in the mail or going door-to-door with flyers (which they adamantly stated this was best way to do it - I guess until the Canadian government made it illegal to sell door-to-door). They refused to spend any money on anything, literally. No marketing or advertising on radio/television/internet and would choose fairs to showcase the products where it made no sense, is why they are not respected or seen as the premier company in Ontario. Due to management refusing to advertise or market we couldn't take advantage of the fasting growing region in Canada which was just sad. They expect you to drive up to 2 hours away with no help on gas whatsoever - everything is out of your own pocket. If you are looking for an entry level sales position this is NOTTTT the place to go. Main manager speaks with all inquiring customers before any salesmen and will assign leads -

– 21 February 2020
Sorry you feel this way about working for our company, but when posting these comments, please make sure you get the facts straight.1. We don't outsource our training, a portion of it is done by Culligan's corporate trainer and the rest is done in house. We have a tremendous amount of support available to all employees who choose to take advantage of it.2. Our sales methods are tried and true and work well for our industry. It doesn't mean that they work for every industry but we are quite successful doing what we do.3. As with any sales position, prospecting is a part of the job. If you don't want to reach out to the home owner, then you won't get the maximum results.4. We spend A LOT of money on advertising, including TV, radio and the Web, but it's true direct mail is the best way to reach the customer for our company. We don't sell door-to-door so I'm not sure where that comment comes from.5. New sales people get a base commission plus sales commission which is very generous to compensate for gas etc. You would have been told that your expenses are tax deductible as well.6. We have a sales coordinator who books appointments for the sales people and they are not flowed through the sales manager. No conflict there.We are doing quite well growing our business and we have a very successful and happy sales force. Culligan has been around for 85 years, and rest assured we'll be around for another 85! We're glad you landed on your feet in a position that is more suited to your skills. Best of luck in the future!

Great Management Support and training

Good work environment, management looks after employees to make sure we are trained properly. It is a physically demanding job at times. But still a good place to work.

Great plc.

Great plc. However new culture management team. . That treated all employees subpar.. After 6yrs ..I left for greener pastures & my personal well being..

Great company to work for, family oriented atmosphere.

Very scheduled work, start the morning with routes and then back to the shop to prepare tanks for the next days deliveries. Look over truck on a daily basis.

I can no longer handle working there

Working there makes me physically ill and I need to find a place that takes their employees seriously verses taking the word of one person that does not even work in the office at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Culligan. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement