Culligan

Culligan Employee Reviews

Canada62 reviews
Great plc.
Great plc.
However new culture management team. . That treated all employees subpar..

After 6yrs ..I left for greener pastures & my personal well being..
Pathetic Company I have ever worked
Highly stressful & manager treats you like a machine. Work culture is so poor that they always look for chances to complaint against you. Highly insensitive co-workers. Complicated softwares, terrible training pattern & expectations are mountainous. Trainers are confused & repercussions will be faced by you. Manager always scared me of losing job despite being a top performer.
3 March 2020
We’re very sorry to hear this was your experience working with us. We take our training and our employee’s job satisfaction very seriously. The CSR Lead at the Calgary office always goes above and beyond to recognize good employees and their work, including an annual recognition of great work luncheon.
I would welcome constructive feedback at any time if you would like to contact me directly.

Poor Management
The company had a very poor interview process. They did all the Talking they didn't ask us any questions. Up shake your hand. That would be the end of it
Pros
If you live in Cambridge close to home. Reception is friendly.
Cons
Nothing good about this place. Management is terrible.
3 March 2020
We’re very sorry to hear this was your experience during the interview process.

Ok place to work
It wasn't a terrible place to work. Only problem is when it comes to taking time off, they are rude about it. I was let go because of an injury I received and was off work for a little while. Wouldn't recommend.
3 March 2020
We’re very sorry to hear this was your experience working for us. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you as we would never release someone for the reason you described.
Please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to discuss further.

J. Clark, HR Manager, Culligan of Canada
Good environment, excellent learning possibilities, impressive customer service.
I received a huge treatment from the managers and coworkers. The culture of the company is based in friendship and that helps to make the job more interesting.
Avoid at all costs
Management is terrible, little to no training provided, and constant finger pointing and shifting the blame. Sales reps run rampant selling the impossible and promising the world to customers, leaving the techs with no information or communication. The office people have no clue of anything and are too busy on Facebook to care. No one values your life outside of work and they make sure to work every last bit of energy out of you.
3 March 2020
We’re very sorry to hear this is your experience working for us. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns at any time.
Wouldn't recommend
Decent place to work. Cheap pay though and hard to get hired on
Alot of lifting and pushing a water cart through doorways and into factories is the worse
Big Expectations, management could not follow through
Was an interesting start with company. Seemed very exciting and a great opportunity but quickly learned that not to be true. Barrie location does not do their own training, they outsource to another company where unless you've been living under a rock, all information they teach is common sense (even to someone who had little sales experience). Once you begin working for them you quickly learn you are on your own - they dictate where you go and how you do your job and always expect more than what they are supplying you with to succeed. Mentality is that managers know everything (even though sales techniques are massively outdated they push these old ideas on new employees). The number one way of advertising was through flyers in the mail or going door-to-door with flyers (which they adamantly stated this was best way to do it - I guess until the Canadian government made it illegal to sell door-to-door). They refused to spend any money on anything, literally. No marketing or advertising on radio/television/internet and would choose fairs to showcase the products where it made no sense, is why they are not respected or seen as the premier company in Ontario. Due to management refusing to advertise or market we couldn't take advantage of the fasting growing region in Canada which was just sad. They expect you to drive up to 2 hours away with no help on gas whatsoever - everything is out of your own pocket. If you are looking for an entry level sales position this is NOTTTT the place to go. Main manager speaks with all inquiring customers before any salesmen and will assign leads - more...
21 February 2020
Sorry you feel this way about working for our company, but when posting these comments, please make sure you get the facts straight.

1. We don't outsource our training, a portion of it is done by Culligan's corporate trainer and the rest is done in house. We have a tremendous amount of support available to all employees who choose to take advantage of it.

2. Our sales methods are tried and true and work well for our industry. It doesn't mean that they work for every industry but we are quite successful doing what we do.

3. As with any sales position, prospecting is a part of the job. If you don't want to reach out to the home owner, then you won't get the maximum results.

4. We spend A LOT of money on advertising, including TV, radio and the Web, but it's true direct mail is the best way to reach the customer for our company. We don't sell door-to-door so I'm not sure where that comment comes from.

5. New sales people get a base commission plus sales commission which is very generous to compensate for gas etc. You would have been told that your expenses are tax deductible as well.

6. We have a sales coordinator who books appointments for the sales people and they are not flowed through the sales manager. No conflict there.

We are doing quite well growing our business and we have a very successful and happy sales force. Culligan has been around for 85 years, and rest assured we'll be around for another 85!

We're glad you landed on your feet in a position that is more suited to your skills. Best of luck in the future!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Culligan?
Great Management Support and training
Good work environment, management looks after employees to make sure we are trained properly. It is a physically demanding job at times. But still a good place to work.
I can no longer handle working there
Working there makes me physically ill and I need to find a place that takes their employees seriously verses taking the word of one person that does not even work in the office at all.
Work hard and Succeed
Great place to work. Commissions are great when you work towards your goals. Flexible schedule allows you to have a life outside of work. Be prepared to work.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Job becomes too large a part of your life
Awful work environment
Sudbury location is the worst. Zero managment. Workers dictate your work day.
If they dont want to do their delivers it will get dumped on you towards the end of the day
3 March 2020
We’re very sorry to hear this was your experience working for us. The team in Sudbury is small and they rely on each other to help to ensure all of our customers are taken care of.
Please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to discuss other concerns.

Welcome to Culligan
Culligan has become my family and like in all families there are some happiness and some sadness, however we keep it together to improve, learn and be better every day. There would be some things that we don't like and some that we love, but if you become part of this family, you will never be alone. This is what I have learned in this 6 years with them. Management gave me the opportunity to improve and learn a new career that I love. If you want to grow and are willing to learn, you will get the chance to show your skills and be a better professional.

My favorite part of this professional environment are my co-workers and the relationship with management. There are a lot to do, but you have the support to go through y learn.
Benefits
Fun family oriented company
Fast paced fun environment. Everyone works together to ensure the whole team succeeds. Long lasting friendships built with the wonderful people who work here.
Pros
Excellent team oriented environment
Fast paced-Only for multi taskers
Typical day at work is defined and outlined in advance much within expectations for an 8 hr day...
Continuous variety of learning with assigned tasks and dynamics

Management is fair and believes in progressive improvement

Work culture has changed for the better, less negative thoughts to stress about - there is more team efforts with a majority that appreciates professionalism and together recognizes company goals on service and sales

Pretty easy going environment - always room for discussion

Good days/bad days are in any job - nothing is really hard!

Enjoyable part is your colleagues and all team activities- right blend of work and play; no work pressure if you're organized and quick to learn :)

4.5/5 overall
Great Company to work for!
The team I worked with was great -- very supportive and fun. I enjoyed helping customers on the phone and in the store.
The job is a good mix of customer service and administration work.
Don't be fooled
I was there two months and all I can say is...

Be smart and pay attention to your gut at this place. It's not what it seems. It's a stressful job with unrealistic expectations from management and Head Office. it comes with a very complicated database to learn and a large call volume to manage daily. There are only two of you. You are not just a CSR for Surrey and the lower mainland but also all of Vancouver Island....its a huge job!. Just know there is waaaaaay more to this job then advertised. Just be smart and pay attention it will save you so much stress in the long run.

Call Center experience is a must to understand the complexity of this job.
Pros
Experience for your next job
Cons
Micro management.
3 March 2020
We’re very sorry to hear this was your experience working for us. The Surrey office is busy but with support from other offices we are proud of how our business is growing in BC.

J. Clark, HR Manager, Culligan of Canada
physically demanding, full of adventure
varying customers and conditions with how to complete their deliveries and the heavy products, enjoyable, good exercise, allowing the drivers to be just that, separate department for loading and unloading the trucks.
Good place to learn and work
I had a good work experience working there for 10 months. Unfortunately, I had to leave as moving to other city. Time passes very fast due to the almost quite busy everyday as a CSR. Overall perfect co-worker and one of the best work place I have ever worked in Canada.
Pros
Wonderful co-worker
Cons
Too many angry customers