Cubic Corporation

Cubic Corporation Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
Cubic is good place to work. However there is not much progression in the career. Team mates and colleagues are friendly, management can be micromanaging.
The job itself is awesome and the guys you work with are also amazing. However, the current management is absolutely useless. They are ex-military and only know one way of doing things, they also have a serious aversion to applying common sense in any decision to be made. In 18 short months, they took a site that had fantastic morale and completely destroyed it with micromanagement and stupid/short-sighted decision making. Unless they can stop hiring ex-military for their management, I would recommend you avoid it. You will find it more pleasurable to slam your head into concrete blocks than try to talk sense to any of the management there.
Pros
Awesome co-workers, lots of paid time off, fun job
Cons
The absolute worst and most corrupt management I have witnessed in my professional career.
Cubic doesn't look after their employee. They used you when they need you. If you will look at the employment rate of people leaving in this company for the last year, you will notice the #'s of employee left the company. No seniority. the manager will put you in a room to question you why are you sick and used to give warning if you have multiple sick call.
Good company to work for. Lots of benefits. Very structured and organized company.

Pay is okay. Company accepts overtime which is a good way to earn more.
Highly recommended,
Tons of autonomy, lots of career progression opportunity, freedom to think, great management team
The company in Crawley works on very old equipment with very old equipment and has a very old attitude toward pay and employees.

Most employees appear disgruntled and its a shame to see and be around !
Pros
free cakes and fortnightly pay
Cons
Treated as an asset and not as a human being
Great support and amazing management team.
Helped me build my self confidence and enhanced my skills in customer service. Great place to work.

Daily quizzes are the most enjoyable part of working at Cubic in spite of the occasional hard calls. Over all a happy work environment
Check the ratings on ratemyemployer.ca...

I can see why this place only has a 2 star rating so far. Cubic would be a great place to work if the management team was quite a bit better. I was told I "wasn't good enough" to work there, after being told that they would coach me every step of the way.

Reference and research materials were disorganized, difficult to use, and often were time consuming. Help with calls was hard to come by as I often had to wait upwards of a few minutes to get the attention of a senior representative.
Pros
Great location, right along transit, huge lunchroom
Cons
Bad management, oppressive supervisors, a lot of the same issues day in and day out, closing shifts often meant getting home extremely late at night.
very fast paced,each day was not the same.
how to handle angry customers.

favouratism with management.

co-workers were willing to help.

high call volumes.

the hours.
Working for the USAF is its own reward. Long hours and long deployments but the feeling you accomplished something each day.
Pros
job security
Cons
military life