CTS Canadian Career College Employee Review

View all CTS Canadian Career College reviews

Fast paced environment with plenty of interesting twists and turns
Financial Aid Administrator (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON8 June 2016
Given that it is a College, you ultimately get to know the students and, in turn, their lives. You must be able to be personable enough that they will open up to you and work with you, instead of pushing you away, which helps no one. This job gives me the opportunity to help students by developing a relationship with them and encouraging them to do their best. I try to speak to them in the halls, send them reminders via email or have them pop by my office to discuss things if I'm feeling they've been falling off track. If we have a good "relationship", then there is a lot more good that will come of it, as opposed to me 'just doing my job'. There are many, many different facets to this job, so there's rarely a dull moment, but it keeps the days filled with things to do, assignments to stay on top of, lots of go-go-go tasks that can be easily forgotten if you're not organized. I enjoy the environment very much, and all my co-workers are very friendly and I feel comfortable with each of them.
Pros
My work hours of 9:30am - 6pm work great for me. Also, there are plenty of school fundraisers, which usually mean food or dress down days.
Cons
My office is too cold :)

Other CTS Canadian Career College Employee Reviews

Great Culture!
Program Coordinator/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sudbury26 January 2019
I loved working for this company. A chance to make a difference in the lives of students was the best part. Great family environment with lots of support offered.
Pros
great pay, kind people
Complex Employer...not for everyone
Programme Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 November 2017
Complex Employer...not for everyone. Private education in Ontario is a contentious subject and understanding that history is a good idea before jumping in with both feet. The school is driven by a bottom line that over-shadows most other things.