CTS Canadian Career College Employee Reviews

Complex Employer...not for everyone
Programme Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 November 2017
Complex Employer...not for everyone. Private education in Ontario is a contentious subject and understanding that history is a good idea before jumping in with both feet. The school is driven by a bottom line that over-shadows most other things.
Great work enviornment
College Instructor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 February 2017
The staff and students make you feel comfortable and will help you in your journey in teaching. The pay is competitive and the schedule is very flexible.
A great place to work to teach my experiences.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON11 September 2016
I enjoy working at CTS. It is awesome that I can come back and teach new students coming into the field. I am able to share my experiences and bring a reality to the theory they are learning.
Fast paced environment with plenty of interesting twists and turns
Financial Aid Administrator (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON8 June 2016
Given that it is a College, you ultimately get to know the students and, in turn, their lives. You must be able to be personable enough that they will open up to you and work with you, instead of pushing you away, which helps no one. This job gives me the opportunity to help students by developing a relationship with them and encouraging them to do their best. I try to speak to them in the halls, send them reminders via email or have them pop by my office to discuss things if I'm feeling they've been falling off track. If we have a good "relationship", then there is a lot more good that will come of it, as opposed to me 'just doing my job'. There are many, many different facets to this job, so there's rarely a dull moment, but it keeps the days filled with things to do, assignments to stay on top of, lots of go-go-go tasks that can be easily forgotten if you're not organized. I enjoy the environment very much, and all my co-workers are very friendly and I feel comfortable with each of them.
Pros
My work hours of 9:30am - 6pm work great for me. Also, there are plenty of school fundraisers, which usually mean food or dress down days.
Cons
My office is too cold :)
Productive and Fun
Part-Time College Professor (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON13 March 2016
Great room for growth. Co-workers are very helpful. Management are attentive and understanding. Learned to be an effective leader and time managment skills.
Friendly Staff
Paralegal Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON23 February 2015
The staff is great, for the most part. The thing to get used to is working with adult students. It is very different than teaching kids and definitely takes some getting used to.
Instruct Advanced Microsoft Word
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 October 2012
Provide facilitated instruction to students in multiple programs.
Instruction includes:
1. Explanation
2. Demonstration
3. Practice
4. Practicum exercise provided to validate learning
Pros
diversity of programs and students