CST Consultants Inc

CST Consultants Inc Employee Reviews

Nice kitchen with large place to eat and relax

My TL was very kind and understanding person, was helping me to succeed. Not the management, they were confused and often didn’t realize what is the most important target and how to keep their employees.

Pros

The company celebrated Halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving

Cons

Many meetings (too long)

Gréât co workers

Thé training wasn’t that great In class was theory but when you get to the job after training everything went out the window It was chaotic stressful for no reason. Disorganized pay is horrible but benefits are really good

Benefits

Cons

Pay and trailing

Won't recommend

People are horrible, rude, and they don't care about you at all as an individual. The environment is just toxic, the Human Resource staff are rude, if you're seeking for help, they will ignore you. "whatever you say" that's the answer you will get.

great people

great culture. great people, enjoyed tasks that i did during peak season of employment. hardest part was time management since it was peak season. great management

100% commission and leads you have to pay for

You have to hunt down customers with 95% cold calls, and you have to pay for leads, you are dependent on people actually being financially responsible because if they don’t pay their monthly fees your commissions get clawed back but it doesn’t come off your T4

Cons

Claw backs on commissions

Outstanding Organization on Every Level

Flexible work schedule that requires self motivation, determination and consistency in independent sales. I absolutely love the rapport of the organization and ongoing leadership support. Having the opportunity to educate families on the best decision they will make for a child's future is truly rewarding.

CST has it’s benefits but you’re always waiting for the shoe to drop

Every year around October they lay people off and call it “restructuring” right before its time to pay out the bonuses. The amount of stress is not worth the pay they give and never knowing if you’ll make it past October cuts makes it worse so you push yourself even when you’re sick.

Very good executive team

Very interesting and friendly environment. The executive staff care about it teams and are very well organized. It was a pleasure working here and would give this company a 10.

Sales Representative - Amazing Company with a Great Mission!

Been with CST for about 3 years now and it seems to always be improving! So glad I don't have to sit in an office 50+ hours a week and instead can work remote, make my own hours, and do lots of travel around Ontario. The company and people are great and the mission and company values are something I can actually get behind.

Pros

No cold calling, all leads warmed through partnerships, uncapped commission, flexible hours, can take vacation whenever

Cons

fully commission based... while it is not difficult to book appointments and meet with families, if you are not self-motivated and have good time-management, its possible to fall behind.

Employee Releationships

The main thing that makes a company wonderful for are the people that work for it. I made many friendships while I was at CST that I hope to maintain as I move forward.

Jobs at CST Consultants Inc

See more jobs

Awesome company to work for

I've been with CST for 6 years. I am a mom of 3 girls and this job allows me to have a work/life balance. They offer trips, contests and other great incentives.

Pros

Flexibility, great culture and management

Cons

Mandatory weekly meetings

Progressive employer

A passionate employer with a purpose to provide clients with a vehicle to provide post-secondary education to their children or grand children. Financial services company working in a highly competitive and regulated environment. Leading new products to market.

Ok

It was a nice place to work at with low salary and minimum advancement opportunities. But I was working as an entry level employee, so it could be different once you get promoted eventually.

Great!

I liked working for a really great cause, helping people financially to get their children through post-secondary education. I respected the leadership team and they taught me a lot.

Pros

Great cause.

Cons

A great place to work - family atmosphere

A great family atmosphere as well as a great mission statement to help Canadian families save for post-secondary studies! You are encouraged to seek out opportunities to advance in your career. The most rewarding part of the job is helping the clients to acheieve their goals for their children when they reach the post-secondary level and graduate from their program.

Pros

Great benefits and many social events throughout the year.

Cons

Stresful at different times of the year.

Productive and really busy environment

Great team to work with and there are a lot of team meetings and one on one meeting with your managers to make sure you have all the procedures down right and it is a very productive environment. It gets very busy in the summer time June-Sept because kids are starting post secondary so be warned to have 15 calls waiting in queue and have a lot of angry customers due to the wait time.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

very busy, sometime miss your break

Very great, busy place to work

Assisting all children in obtaining the means to attend post secondary school is a great goal. Supporting the day to day operations and sales force

Pros

Parking, Great people

Cons

Location & Commute

good experience broadened skill set

confidence gained through in home sales presentations and knowledge of acct management. Daily cold calls and client support. learned about various form of invesment

Pros

flexibility

Cons

on call evening/weekend schedule

no growth/development available

Would prefer a more team building atmosphere with head office support. Lack of support. Very little initiative by head office. On my own most of the time.

Pros

set my own hours

Cons

very little head office/branch support

Fun work place, great colleagues !

On a typical day, I get to work at 8.30 am, login to the computer to get myself ready to start work at 9am. provide excellent customer service calls to clients, sales representatives and prospective clients. Take a breaks in between and maybe attend team meetings or coaching sessions with supervisors and other colleagues. At the end of the day , logout and go home.

Pros

free lunches on holidays and working overtime

Cons

very difficult to advance . Very unfriendly executive team.

Great

excellent place to work. great set of employees. Work life balance. Services clients to their best of their abbilities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CST Consultants Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement