CST Consultants Inc

CST Consultants Inc Employee Reviews

Canada22 reviews
Employee Releationships
The main thing that makes a company wonderful for are the people that work for it. I made many friendships while I was at CST that I hope to maintain as I move forward.
great people
great culture. great people, enjoyed tasks that i did during peak season of employment. hardest part was time management since it was peak season. great management
100% commission and leads you have to pay for
You have to hunt down customers with 95% cold calls, and you have to pay for leads, you are dependent on people actually being financially responsible because if they don’t pay their monthly fees your commissions get clawed back but it doesn’t come off your T4
Cons
Claw backs on commissions
Outstanding Organization on Every Level
Flexible work schedule that requires self motivation, determination and consistency in independent sales. I absolutely love the rapport of the organization and ongoing leadership support. Having the opportunity to educate families on the best decision they will make for a child's future is truly rewarding.
CST has it’s benefits but you’re always waiting for the shoe to drop
Every year around October they lay people off and call it “restructuring” right before its time to pay out the bonuses.

The amount of stress is not worth the pay they give and never knowing if you’ll make it past October cuts makes it worse so you push yourself even when you’re sick.
Very good executive team
Very interesting and friendly environment. The executive staff care about it teams and are very well organized. It was a pleasure working here and would give this company a 10.
Sales Representative - Amazing Company with a Great Mission!
Been with CST for about 3 years now and it seems to always be improving! So glad I don't have to sit in an office 50+ hours a week and instead can work remote, make my own hours, and do lots of travel around Ontario. The company and people are great and the mission and company values are something I can actually get behind.
Pros
No cold calling, all leads warmed through partnerships, uncapped commission, flexible hours, can take vacation whenever
Cons
fully commission based... while it is not difficult to book appointments and meet with families, if you are not self-motivated and have good time-management, its possible to fall behind.
Awesome company to work for
I've been with CST for 6 years. I am a mom of 3 girls and this job allows me to have a work/life balance. They offer trips, contests and other great incentives.
Pros
Flexibility, great culture and management
Cons
Mandatory weekly meetings
Progressive employer
A passionate employer with a purpose to provide clients with a vehicle to provide post-secondary education to their children or grand children. Financial services company working in a highly competitive and regulated environment. Leading new products to market.
Ok
It was a nice place to work at with low salary and minimum advancement opportunities.
But I was working as an entry level employee, so it could be different once you get promoted eventually.
Great!
I liked working for a really great cause, helping people financially to get their children through post-secondary education. I respected the leadership team and they taught me a lot.
Pros
Great cause.
Cons
A great place to work - family atmosphere
A great family atmosphere as well as a great mission statement to help Canadian families save for post-secondary studies! You are encouraged to seek out opportunities to advance in your career. The most rewarding part of the job is helping the clients to acheieve their goals for their children when they reach the post-secondary level and graduate from their program.
Pros
Great benefits and many social events throughout the year.
Cons
Stresful at different times of the year.
Productive and really busy environment
Great team to work with and there are a lot of team meetings and one on one meeting with your managers to make sure you have all the procedures down right and it is a very productive environment. It gets very busy in the summer time June-Sept because kids are starting post secondary so be warned to have 15 calls waiting in queue and have a lot of angry customers due to the wait time.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
very busy, sometime miss your break
Very great, busy place to work
Assisting all children in obtaining the means to attend post secondary school is a great goal.

Supporting the day to day operations and sales force
Pros
Parking, Great people
Cons
Location & Commute
good experience broadened skill set
confidence gained through in home sales presentations and knowledge of acct management. Daily cold calls and client support. learned about various form of invesment
Pros
flexibility
Cons
on call evening/weekend schedule
no growth/development available
Would prefer a more team building atmosphere with head office support.

Lack of support.

Very little initiative by head office.

On my own most of the time.
Pros
set my own hours
Cons
very little head office/branch support
Fun work place, great colleagues !
On a typical day, I get to work at 8.30 am, login to the computer to get myself ready to start work at 9am.

provide excellent customer service calls to clients, sales representatives and prospective clients.

Take a breaks in between and maybe attend team meetings or coaching sessions with supervisors and other colleagues.

At the end of the day , logout and go home.
Pros
free lunches on holidays and working overtime
Cons
very difficult to advance . Very unfriendly executive team.
Great
excellent place to work. great set of employees. Work life balance. Services clients to their best of their abbilities
Challenging, self employed, long hours
While this job was a self employed category position it was very satisfying, challenging and provided me with experiences that I otherwise would not have had the opportunity to do
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Long hours, self employed
nice place
good co-workers.
structured work day

information shared

learned great deal about company operation
Great work culture
Very diverse and an excellent to be employed for. Management cares about employees and they promote a work life balance.