CST Canada

CST Canada Employee Reviews

Productive and very good place too work
Working for CST was very enjoyable, the management was great and staff was alright. They expect a lot out of there employees. And are very slow at doing maintenance on the facilities.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Other Employees
Short but sweet
Loved the challenging audit that I worked on. Unfortunately this company is no longer in business in Canada and was sold to Parkland fuel. HR is the company while I was there was not strong.
aucun
j ai appris la gestion de personnelle, le service a la clientèle, marchandisage , le recrutement, le coaching ect..
Pros
café gratuit
Cons
la confiance
Workplace culture
People are super nice, although I've seen that they're really straight up about firing people, they don't waste time, or give advance warnings, so that the employee has a chance to find another job. Which is extremely rude. (not me, but other employees I've seen)
environnement orienter vers la communauté
Durant mes années de service auprès des dépanneurs du coins de la branche CST. J'ai apprécier l'orientation de l'entreprise a combler plus de client chaque jour et en essayant de notre mieux a s'adapter a la communauté entourant les dépanneurs. Plusieurs défis a surmonter pour pouvoir ce démarquer, mais une agréable expérience de travail.
Pros
Petite flexibilité d'horaire et café gratuit.
Fast pace
Fast pace and if your with someone else all coworkers are friendly and fun to be around but you can get the job done. you do spend a lot of the time working alone. The most enjoyable part is working with lots of friendly faces
Pros
Friendly, fast pace
Cons
A lot of time alone
Lot of activities are available
CST was one of the best oil companies in retailing which is now Parkland Fuels Corporation.The best thing I can say about this organisation is the management style. All senior management is well connected with the staff and accessible at all times.
Très belle compagnie
Une compagnie à l'écoute et prend soin de cest employés
Pros
Très humain
Cons
Aucun
Service a la clienteles
Service a la clientèle gestion des ressources humaine gestion de stock preparation de commande mise en marché
Good place to work for none ambitious workers and Great ,Co-workers , Offering excellent customer service is our specialty.
CST Canada Co. is affiliated to CST Brands, Inc. CST Brands, Inc. (NYSE: CST) is one of the largest independent retailers of motor fuels and convenience merchandise in North America. Based in San Antonio, Texas, CST employs nearly 12,000 Team Members at nearly 1,900 locations throughout the Southwestern United States and Eastern Canada offering a broad array of convenience merchandise, beverages, snacks and fresh food. In the U.S., CST Corner Stores proudly sell Valero fuels and signature products such as Fresh Choices baked and packaged goods, U Force energy and sport drinks, Cibolo Mountain coffee, FC Soda and Flavors2Go fountain drinks. In Canada, CST is the exclusive retailer of Ultramar branded motor fuels and its Dépanneur du Coin and Corner Store sell signature Transit Café coffee and pastries. For more information about CST, please visit cstbrands.com.
The first job i got in Canada
Starting my day at 7 a.m. in the morning while people start their day by getting what they need before going to their work places, i learned to serve the clients and to smile in their faces to be their first smile they see before starting their working day, it is very important to give the client a positive reaction and attitude and excellent service that may help them to be optimistic during their day. My manager was very practical and i learned from him the importance of the positive and prompt customer service attitude.
fun work place with lots of down time
like its a gas station don't get me wrong some days we're busy but like realistically we get paid to barely do anything other than change coffee, bus tables, mop the floor and take out the trash
Pros
free coffee
Cons
shifts drag on
Travail
C'est un travail intéressant et stimulant. J'ai bien aimé passer du temps la. Nous avons une liberté que plusieurs entreprises ne laissent pas à ses employés. Ce qui fait que c'est plus stimulant.
J'aime bien
Bien comme travail mais très stressant. Doit être autonome et responsable et avoir beaucoup de maturité.
Pros
Bonne gestion de soit même
Cons
Stres
Lot's to learn
Every day is always challenging. Never the same. Over 3000 customers a day. Having to see to customer satisfaction, office work, inventory, stocking shelves, placing orders and tending to employees, having what they need. I loved my typical days.
I can't really say that there was a hard part to this job besides the lack of communication with Supervisor's. Communication all around is the key to great team work. I was always learning new things as well as improving what I had already learned.
Pros
Fun, Always laughing, flexible hours for hourly workers
Cons
No lunch break nor morning/afternoon break for cashiers
avancement impossible
la compagnie vise une gestion davantage tournée vers l’intérieur, se qui signifie que les gens venant de l’extérieure n'ont pratiquement pas de possibilité d'avancement.
Pros
liberté d'action dans notre site
Cons
manque d'information globale
Ask a question about working or interviewing at CST Canada. Our community is ready to answer.