CSR Cosmetic Solutions Inc.

CSR Cosmetic Solutions Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada33 reviews

no a good 3

fast packed and underpaid this is how I would describe CSR Cosmetic, rude workers reminded me on high school. I really thought it was very chic. I was let go for no reason treated unfair.

Pros

Cons

hardworking and underpaid

Fast paced work environment. Really enjoyed my time here.

Fast paced work environment. Good pay. Friendly staff and co workers. Really enjoyed my time here. Would not have left if I did not have to move away.

Fast paced work but good for beginners

This job doesn't require any qualification so it is a perfect fit for people who are looking for a job first time in their life. The job is fast paced but once you adapt to the work then it is easy. We are provided with short breaks.

Poor

Very toxic environment. Grown people talking behind each others backs. Breaks are really short, inconsiderate co workers, low pay, poor management, fast paced

Good place work

Worked here for 4 years, it's a fast paced company that pays above minimum wage and usually give annual raises. Most people are good to work with and supervisors are good to for for.

Pros

Xmas parties, paid breaks, full time hours

Cons

sometime long hours

Horrible place to work

If you are applying for a set up mechanic job for maintenance I would highly recommend you look elsewhere all the equipment you will be working with are decades old run down and never repaired properly you are expected to run assembly lines at 100% efficiency while everything is put together with zip ties rubber bands and old used parts off the broken equipment they have sitting in the corner very rarely will they spend money on fixing things properly theirs stuff missing off everything you get very little to no training they will stick you out on lines with 0 training not even being showed how to start the line up and be expected to run at full speed when trying to call management for help they’ll either never show up and ignore your pages or show up and give you no help and leave I could go on forever but please find somewhere else to work

Pros

Cons

Broken down equipment no training

Stress full work environment.

Management are not that great. Hr department doest know what they are doing. You get no proper training, u get yelled for mistakes when they don’t train you well. They would let u go if you are not fast or good for them Remember they don’t train you proper. Under pay for a factory u only getting payed $15 an hour. When COVID-19 started they won’t proper give employees information about it especially when u have cases at work you end up find out days later that someone was positive and u might have been exposed to it.

Pros

Can’t think of anything

Cons

Under pay, you are on your own to learn, management sucks, stressful environment

(I was an assembler) This is the lowest scored company I’ve seen here and I can’t believe I stayed for more than two years

Csr will suck you in, chew you up, and spit you out. This job has made me feel drained by the end of the day and intensely by the end of the week. There are good days too but only because I found the good people and ignore the rude ones. But even then at the end of the day it’s not a great place to work. Once you gain seniority (which only takes a few months since they have high turnover) you will have steady 40 hours/week with overtime opportunities, and you’ll get benefits. I worked here for a few years and got a 20 cent raise. I worked so hard while I watched others refuse to learn certain tasks (paperwork) and yet we made the same amount. Even after promises from the plant manager about incremental raises every few months based on performance, I saw one twenty cent raise and nothing else, same with my peers. This is probably the most frustrating part since you get to the point mentally where you say at least I have a job that pays the bills (barely) and everyone agrees, and jokes about it. If you work here expect nothing good so you won’t be let down. And try not to take it too seriously/personally when these things start effecting you. Hopefully things change with new management.But yes it’s an ok job with some good people that’s easily accessible, so do whatever floats your boat I guess.

Pros

Full time hours and benefits

Cons

The entire infrastructure

They dont care nor do they have ambition

horrible place, got let go for trying to defend myself when I was being mistreated, if its something you want temporary you should be fine, was told I'd be getting 50 cents more for my position i was in and was still making the same as a line worker

Pros

nothing

Cons

their existence

No job security

Got fired because I was working to fast. What! This job does not care about you, they don't even tell us when there are multiple covid cases at work. Bad management, no communication, dangerous work environment, many health and safety violations, poor pay, always told to do other departments jobs, handling toxic chemical's every day. This place will either make you go nuts or destroy your health. I tried my hardest but it never seemed like it was enough. Good riddance not going to miss it

Pros

Good co-workers

Cons

Everything else

long shifts

No training provided, which is a safety issue for me. I didn't like the way people were treated. I had no idea who was my supervisor or who was in charge. The work is your typical line work but with no guidance and I feel pay should be better. Too many people coming and going with covid happening. They have already had covid in the work place.

Pros

paid breaks

Cons

no training

Horrible Place To Work!

I was hired as a Supervisor. At interview, I was provided the opportunity to learn the business and grow with the company. This did not happen. Once introduced to their afternoon shift Supervisor, I started to get a taste for what this company was really about. He thinks he is funny, but he is rude and very unprofessional. His actions reflect down to his line Supervisors and then on to the full time staff. This reflection leaves many hourly workers and temporary workers not wanting to work for the company and they leave. I was told on many occasions by my staff that I was the best Supervisor they had seen in this company, but management did not agree as I was told "it wasn't working out" as the only reason for not making my probation period successful. There are much better places to work in Barrie. I would recommend looking at all other opportunities then working at CSR. Don't get me wrong, there are some good people that worker for this company, but the assistant plant Manager and the shift Supervisor leave a lot to be desired.

Pros

A few good people

Cons

Too many to list

no a good 3

Pros

Cons

hardworking and underpaid

Definitely a hard place to settle into.

Worst training ever. Be ready to teach yourself. You are immediately expected to keep up with high speed and quality. there are people who have been working there for over 6 months & still have not gotten their benefits, Work boots allowance. Many cruel team leaders who are unable to keep their personal opinions separate from their job. Leaders, supervisors & management partake in unprofessional gossip and bullying. They laugh and make fun of assemblers. Mechanics do not follow rules. It is hard learning who is in charge because everyone is the boss. Team leaders don't lead. They do however give employees they personally don't like the worst jobs repeatedly and cruel attitude such as outright ignoring the person, dirty looks and rolling their eyes at them when the employee has a work question. They even go as far as just acting as if the person does not exist when they say hello. The god complex is overwhelming. On the other hand, there are so many great people to work with. If you can be humble with thick skin while balancing it with not allowing yourself to be spoken to like a useless person (and it will happen often), hold your head up but not too high, you can survive the large waves and eventually drift. As any place as pros and cons. You can be part of the cons and help the best parts to grow and outshine the worst. Working here is harder than the work itself. You get sent home early often. Overtime is on seniority not rotation. as you may only get 30 hrs one week while others get 50 hrs. It's just how it is and you must learn to accept it. We were told we -

Pros

Great people, steady work, opportunity for advancement if you work for it, some benefits when HR decides to get around to it, hope for a better work environment.

Cons

Training, quality, short hrs, benefits, lies, attitudes, yelling, bullying, horrible team leaders.

Good Company

Packing cosmetic products and inspecting the quality of products and providing line service to workers who are packing and inspecting products. Good Company!

Assembly line

Expect you to work very fast to produce a certain amount of items per hour when it's not possible. Like how is it logical to have so many rejected items and spend so much time getting that sorted out? There's a rude mechanic that tells you to do it faster while it's impossible to do it properly at that kind of speed. Speed over quality product. Agency sends you home whenever they like. Instead of two 15 min break and 30 min lunch, you get 2 10 min breaks and 20 min lunch. Rotating positions (sitting and standing)

Do not work here

I got a job there as a temp and left the place in tears at the end of the night, was not trained, yelled at and embarrassed if I made a mistake, they don’t care for your safety, they over work you and will yell at you if you come up with your own way of doing your job that makes you comfortable. They treat their new employees terribly and it’s just not worth 14 an hour to feel so badly about yourself.

Please read before applying!!!

This company is terrible and does so many illegal things. I worked here for a few weeks but my husband has been there for about a year. In the time that I worked there I witnessed terrible things. All they care about is money over your safety. They over work you, they complain if you are sick and have to call in. They will fire you if you are too slow (first day to week) They hire people and do not bother to train. They will fire you if you voice concerns or problems. The management that is higher up (team leads, mechanics etc) are so disrespectful and will do anything to push you (swear at you, embarrass you) but are never at fault. Anyone who is higher than the typical “line workers” are favourited and get special privileges. They make people who are not qualified for certain things do jobs (mechanic, quality control) You are supposed to get 10 minute breaks but only really get 5 mins or less because of the time it takes to get re dressed (smock, gloves, goggles). Management will tell you to go home early but then the next day will have you written up. If you get hurt, they will tell you to lie about it in the incident report. They will intimidate you, take advantage of you and break you down as a human being. THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN. The things they do to their employees is sickening, repulsive and straight up criminal.

Great growth opportunity for company

Great plant workers - really dedicated to the company. Many long term employees who are there to help new people. A strong employer who has desires to grow much more.

Bit of a shark tank

It’s easy to get in, have a straight shift, doing easy work that’s always rotating. The biggest problems are with bullying and gossiping. New management is trying to change things and responds to complaints. Not all departments have the same culture or stress levels. There are many, many great people there, despite the issues with some.

Work with great people, flexible with kids

Could be the best place to work. But no upward mobility, no pay increases even if you perform amazingly. Company is expanding hopefully this will mean good changes are coming.

Pros

People

Cons

Management and pay increase or lack of them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSR Cosmetic Solutions Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2

2.2Job security/advancement

Compare CSR Cosmetic Solutions Inc. with

CSR Cosmetic Solutions Inc. Reviews by Location

• CSR Cosmetic Solutions Inc.