CSL Group Ltd. Employee Reviews

Terrible Do not work here!!
Lead Hand/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON9 June 2018
Worked here for almost 5 years, at first it was a pretty decent place to work, I dont know what happened but it became incredibly awful. I did not get a raise for almost 4 years yet they would tell me they need more out of me, even though I was pushing almost 140hrs bi-weekly and it was always the same thing over amd over again, winter push, summer push, spring push all they ever wanted was more and more from you yet couldnt even give me a .50 cent raise just for a thank you. I would never recommend this company to my worst enemy please dont accept a job here.
Do not work here
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 May 2018
Terrible place to work completely unprofessional . Management is ther root of the problem here they will use u and demand you to work long hours them let you go I once it slowes down . I never received a 3 month review, was never trained on the equipment that I was asked to use to learned on my own or little training would refuse to let u leave even after working 13 hours or more and would ask that u come in again as soon as possible, they go not pay overtime or any holiday pay and will starve you for hours once ur role is done they literally will give u new schedules almost every week and will always blame u if. My problems should occur I honestly did nothing here but ask for s set schedule witch I was told I would get i never did please don’t waist your time here because it means nothing to them head of office has literally said this they only care about profits and will get rid of u if u do not fit In or walk in the office and gossip . To conclude stay away they will not be here long
Pros
The workers are mostly ok
Cons
Productive and fun workplace environment
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 April 2018
A typical day at CSL Group Ltd consists of prepping crew and equipment for the overall work day and then working together in a team environment to complete the tasks at hand.
Cons
Winter work is not overly fullfilling
Great BBQ's and Family events
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Ancaster9 March 2018
Right from the day I started we had BBQ's every month. In September I brought my family to the family day celebration. Bouncy castles and fireworks. Got a bonus at Christmas wasn't even expecting and $100 gift card.
Pros
Family culture
Cons
longer hours
you will be replaced
Truck Driver/ Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON20 February 2018
over worked under paid they dont like you they will starve you for hours and just play it off as you quit no big deal to them so unless you fit in dont get comfortable
Official response from CSL Group Ltd.
23 April 2018

We are sorry you had a bad experience. Best of luck in the future!

Horrible place to work
Lead Hand/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 February 2018
Managers harass you, treat you like garbage, do not care for you, does not care about you or your health. Overall horrible place to work, the managers are incompetent and do not know how to do their jobs
Official response from CSL Group Ltd.
23 April 2018

We are sorry to hear that you felt harassed. CSL Group takes these claims very seriously. We are committed to a caring and harassment-free environment.

All the best in your future endeavors.

My first job in canada
Landscape / Laborer (Former Employee) –  74 Bentley Ave, Nepean9 January 2017
Excellent place to work, people are great, management is good, opportunity to grow. One of my best work experiences.

It was my first job experience in Canada and i truly enjoyed my almost 2 years of working with CSL group i recommend anyone out there that is new-comer to this country and have no experience whatsoever to enroll with this company if the opportunity is available.
Pros
Awesome worksites
Cons
hard to find time for non work related activities
Professional and Service Oriented
Group Safety Director (Former Employee) –  Montreal QC16 October 2014
Great Benefilts, Great Salary, exceptional Work Environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSL Group Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7