Crystal Glass Employee Reviews

Old Habits Die Hard
Installer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 July 2018
This company doesn't seem to care about you unless you're there making them money. The old managers/staff in the company make twice as much as the people working twice as hard as them. When you leave the company to go somewhere that actually pays you what you're worth they blacklist you like you've done something inhumane by leaving, just because it doesn't do them any good.

I enjoyed my time with the company before I got more involved with it, had I just stayed as an installer my entire time I might have never known how shady they operate, turning business into a personal attack.

Glad I left. They pay people who put years of time into their company sub-20$/hour even if they're good installers.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Low Pay
No advancement
Glazier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 June 2018
Very unorganized and no advancement what's so ever. They work you as much as possible for as cheap as possible. And they don't care about loyal hard workers they love to start over with new employees to save money.
Go Elsewhere!
Installer Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 March 2018
Worst place ever to work. The managers are all about there bonuses and have no regard to peoples safety, let alone have no management skills. There wage is ridiculous and work vehicles are barely maintained to standard. There is alot of drama in the work place as well as discrimination to particular employees!. Save your skills for a better place!
Great Place to Work.
CSR/Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 January 2018
Great work place environment, spent a lot of years with this company learnt and experienced very much from working here.
My confidence and Loyalty to a company is thanked by this company.
Nice company, but need to support employees
Certified Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 July 2017
I enjoy Crystal Glass but the money is not there and also they do noreward hard workers, but that just might be the shop I'm at> I'm not complaining, however the Manager I have is close to retirement so he has check out already. Also The rules and regulations with my manager seems to apply to his favorites in the shop. What is good for one is not good for others. I try to stay out 0f the drama. I like to work and get the job done. Most days are good but when it is busy, a little support from other team members would be nice.
bc langley
Installer Technician (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC1 June 2017
worked in langley manager more concerned about profets than how I got treated by a fellow emplyee. I asked for small raise got told no so i quit with fellow employee and started our own mobile glass shop. Manger upset that I would not stay. well I was on the bottom of the pay scale and worked to many Saturdays and no raise. I got my auto glass ticket which does not say crystal glass on it and got out. use them and get out other shops pay more. how much money does Ed bean need? too many greedy bosses out there and this is one of thoughs companies 19.35 after 9 years with licence in bc
Costco pays more
Pros
learned lots and got out
Cons
not well treated
Regional manager in bc is very negative, knows nothing of the trade or how to support the staff. Tries to intimidate and has nobodies respect.
Auto / residential glass installer (Former Employee) –  Okanagan, BC22 May 2017
Was lied to and after working my butt off as a skilled glazier was not seen as a valuable employee. Left to work for another company and what a difference !
I think in Alberta would be a much different story.
Pros
More than minimum wage
Cons
Very negative work environment
great job
Glass Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2017
i had no complaints, great pay. good hours and very flexible. employers and training was top notch. flexible and great benefits. great environment to work out of
Pros
good pay
Cons
Great job literally but no raises or pay increases after years of work
Glass Technician (Current Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC31 December 2016
After I had given Crystal glass 3:years of service with ZERO sick days ZERO late days and ZERO complaint; I was promised in year one that I would receive a raise every year or more; after the initial 3 month probationary period I receive a pay increase of $0 50; & Then at the 6 month review I was told I would normally get a raise but because thw economy is "terrible" right now it would be made up to me later on^ 3 years and I am still hearing about how "nobody else is getting raises" either and I am beginning to wonder if this is because my manager is simply not asking for me to receive a raise or something; certainly his salary wouldn't suffer if I were a to receive a pay increase from minimum wage; considering I do all the front end work as well as technician in the back/shop
Pros
Good learning environment
Cons
Wages
Ok job
Glass Installer (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB13 December 2016
Was an ok job to make minimum wage but work hard and not much in the way for breaks.

Got only 30 mins unpaid lunch break that you didn't always get and break for lunch happened not at any set time. Had to work super hard for minimal pay and the manager could very often be a huge pain but also could be fair.
Pros
loved the people I worked with
Cons
manager could be very difficult at times
Fast past and organized
Glass Tech/ Aministration (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 July 2016
I learned a lot while working with Crystal , not only in glass but about customer service, organization skills, and hard work.
Cons
Not good pay
a good place to learn alot of new things
Auto Glass technition (Former Employee) –  9717-21 ave Edmonton28 January 2016
Crytsal Glass is a good place to work if you like to learn new things almost every day ie; different vehicles have different components, to cutting glass to learning all types of glass and installations and applications.
Fun Workplace
Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 December 2014
A typical day of work consisted of receiving orders from my assistant traffic manager, filling out these orders, and then delivering them. If it was not busy, I would also fill out orders to be shipped out, or put away stock. I learned much from this job, such as teamwork, communication, and even built my own self-esteem while there. My management staff was very courteous and we work very well together, even though we do have our differences, as humans typically do. My coworkers have been splendid to me as well, they all have a wonderful sense of humor, and we all work together as a team, even on days where we do not want to get along. I find that the hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable to me, which is navigating the traffic in terrible weather. It's a challenge I enjoy and excel at, even if it is incredibly stressful.
Pros
Wonderful people with phenomenal sense of humor
Cons
Wage is less than expected
Laid back workplace
Front Desk/Reception/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  cranbrook, bc6 November 2014
-Answer Phones, Book appointments and manage front desk
-I have learned a lot about vehicles
-In house management is open for improvement
-Depends on the co-worker
-Trying to answer phones while helping physical customer
-I enjoy the challenge of new obstacles
Pros
Set your own break times
Cons
lack of communication
They'll hire you for sure!
SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 October 2014
This used to be a nice family owned and oriented business. Now it is all sales and profit driven with a salesman at the helm no corner remains uncut. People are treat badly and underpaid for their value. An auto glass union should be established to protect the workers here. The management from the good ol' days are all retiring out and it seems they will be replaced, not by experienced and competent installers but by salesmen with no regard for who they step on and no experience. Watch for this company to be absorbed by Speedy and Belron.
Pros
youll get hired here no matter what
Cons
bad pay bad job bad days bad friends bad boss
great place to work
Glass Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 January 2014
great place to work no room for advancement. people friendly and lots of things to learn about,
Productive and fun
Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2014
As a line operator for a glass company, i really enjoyed working there. The shift was flexible which allowed me to continue my part time school.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
low salary
NAIONAL PRODUCT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON16 December 2013
Company changed hands and re structured with changes in the C level
Great experience
Junior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 July 2013
Nice working environment.

One can work as individual and as a team member.

Good working ethics.
Was fun to work there.
labour (Former Employee) –  edmonton alberta23 April 2013
It was rather enjoyable to work for crystal glass. the work wasn't to hard and as long as you complied with all saftey regulations it was a rather safe place to work.
Pros
the people were easy to get along with.
Cons
it gets really slow in the winter. not as much work as what you would like.