Crystal Claire Cosmetics Inc

Crystal Claire Cosmetics Inc Employee Reviews

Canada37 reviews
learned lot of stuff while working in the lab specially in documentation and media preparation and gram staining , the team work is amazing but some days the load of work is too much but we overcome it by team work
Worst company ever. Thinking about reporting them to the authorities for the inhumane and racist culture that exists in this company.

No training, no job security. Workers are hired to get government funding.
Pros
Cons
Stay away
If you dont step out of this company you wont know how bad this company is. The pay is like a joke, all you can get here is some working experiences, so dont stay more than one year once you get experience.
Pros
nothing
Cons
too many to write
Not an open-minded company, they are stuck with their chinese mentality. They hire mainly chinese people. No evolution is possible within the company, no benefit either. Salary is very low. Very bad management in overall. No communication. No team spirit..
Management do not think of employees safety and welfare. Its a take it or leave it job. Doesnt matter if you’re the most efficient worker. If you leave they dont care.
From the day of my interview, I knew it was toxic in a sense that nobody cares what you feel, no plan for work, and nobody responds to your concerns. The HR person asked me a lot of questions spending the whole morning, and suddenly she realized there was a better role then I needed to go for another interview after. I spent almost four hours here without having food and the interviewers keep ignoring my exisitence.
I worked as a temporary intern for 4 months. Since I was doing engineering, it wasn't so bad for my salary. Sadly, that's the only thing that's acceptable.
The whole company management is a joke, in engineering department, they don't have any clear schedules, one day they would work on something, and the other day they would change to another. The only goal for workers was to complete the the job instead of do it well.

No company culture in that place, all that have are people trying to avoid responsibilities and argue for credits. As an intern, I only felt myself lost but no one would help me.
It would a blow on self esteem. You would called LOWAI .Be prepared to be pushed, get a hit/pinch on your hand, and hear verbal abuses in mandarin by all line leaders..
No respect fir anyone.

They can ask you to go home if you question the safety.

In break time line leader will as
Pros
They sell meat, eggs, veges in lunch room.
Cons
You are under Cronavirus threat all the time
Average place to work, however no place to grow or advance. Management needed to learn to be accountable for their actions as well and to not just blame their employees.
Working here is just a stepping stone for anyone's career. Don't expect too much even if they've been rated the "best managed company", honesty that is just a joke. Management doesn't know how to do their jobs and are very condescending to their workers. The culture is poor and very unprofessional as everyone speaks Chinese regardless of your background. Turnover is extremely high, there's at least one person leaving each month in all departments. Although there are a number of seatwarmers who work here and have no idea what they're doing (why even keep them?). Training is at a minimum and you are expected to do more than your paygrade (real slave drivers here). There's little to no support from management if conflict arises. For salaried workers you are treated like you work by the hour as it's enforced you clock in and out daily. Vacations are not paid in full unless you "earn" your two weeks. Benefits are very basic. It's clear the cons outweigh the pros here. Employees don't leave bad jobs. They leave bad work cultures.
Pros
not much
Cons
pay, workload, poor management, high turnover
A good place for new graduate to start. The company needs more management instead of making decision based on someone's moods. Unfortanately this company has no culture at all, you work there for years but the CEO/managers they never want to hear you, no humble to talk to you, so the top management can never get your advices.
it fun but also stressful and most of the time there was the language barrier and it made it difficult to understand what are they trying to say.
there were more favoritism.
I would never recommend anyone to work at this Chinese owned crystal Claire. First of all, there is no safety while working on their stone age machines, they are all broken and rusted with serious safety issues, I don't know how they passed the safety test???
Secondly, the hardest part is to work with NO A/C in the facility during hot summer days and NO HEATING in winter for the workers. But the management enjoys everything with full benefits except the poor workers who are shedding their blood and sweat for them.No benefits and any kind of facility for workers, unlike the management.

They will fire you right away without any notice anytime it depends without considering your previous contribution to this company.

Overworked Underpaid is the situation here at crystal Claire. They even take out the money even for your 30.mins & 10.mins break from the paycheck. Even after working for 3 years they don't make you permanent only on contract. Because they will fire you anytime and hire new people to get $10,000 each for the new employee as a training allowance from the government, no wonder why they don't make you permanent.

My Overall experience is like working as a SLAVE in this company. Because of their Chinese culture from back home. They idiots don't realize they are in Canada, its a Free Country, not a Communist country like China.
Pros
Cons
A lot, No a/c, No Heating, NO WATER Dispensers, Underpaid, No Benefits.
Wow, where do I start. This place is a joke. No appreciation for good workers. Workload is very high for the wages. If your not Chinese you won't get anywhere in that place. If you are tho you can step all over people. Worst place I've ever worked. I could go one but ain't worth my time.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
You will have hard time if you are not Chinese speaking. No trainning provided at all. No engagement between team members at work. People speak Chinese all the time regardless you understand or not, really unprofessional.
Pros
No one cares if you take long time for lunch
Cons
Bad management, no tranining, bad working culture, some people are really rude. Dominant language is Chinese.
To start with no canadian experience this is a nice place, but the culture of the company is not the one you are expwcting and the one they portrait. The payment is low for the amount of job is asked of you.
In there is all about the money they can make with each production, and because you are not from the same cultural background as they are you will be an outsider. The womens are not take in consideration there. To improve in your career you need to move out of that place.
Pros
Get canadian experience
Cons
The salary, the place, the managment, the work culture
the work life balance was not conducive, working environment is manageable if you mind your business, with production staffs that were heady and difficult to work with overall.
Pros
paid sick days off
Cons
compulsory overtime
Ridiculous drama show everyday. The “lead actress” keep showing how to judge, lie and frame against the others for fun, literally the same as Desperate Housewives and Devious Maids. Basically nothing useful you can learn. people here barely speak English. Mandatory work overtime, no management skills, no appreciate, no leadership, no benefits and NO RESPECTS.
Pros
Free drama everyday.
Cons
The “show” is too cliched.
I had to write my resignation letter more than once because; of poor management with HR. this has case a conflicted situation where I been in a situation like that to be told I was faired from my job. I told them I resigned a week ago and I informed my supervisor 2 weeks ago of resignation so what was that all about since I am already resigned ? in my opinion they tried to make a trouble for me as I was leaving to protect the company image as many where leaving that time.
Very poor management. Barely anyone in the company speaks English so its very difficult to communicate with anyone, specially with supervisors, team leaders, line leaders, or with HR department. They are all rude and uneducated that doesn't know Respect.
Since the supervisor and the team leader doesn't know English they will ignore you but when something goes wrong in the production they will bring all the blame on you.
Pros
Cons
lots of work (less pay) that sometimes you to skip your break.
employees helped one another.. light job and approachable team of management/production. I have enjoyed working here even for a couple of months only.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crystal Claire Cosmetics Inc. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5