Cruise Connections Canada Employee Reviews

Unhealthy work environment
NA (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 November 2018
Cons

You are expected to work long hours without compensation. Maybe a $50 visa gift card and dinner for 3-5 hours of overtime? Managers like to micromanage you and autonomy is rarely provided in this environment.

Due to poor strategic planning by upper management, you may be required to work later unexpectedly. The excuse of "this is the industry we're in" is used far too often to describe the inability for management to accurately plan and strategize to utilize team.

The employee-manager relationships are described best with the phrase "if you're going to treat us like kids, we will act like kids." - employees are restricted in many ways such as time clocking, video surveillance etc. Big brother is watching.

Pros

You learn a lot about yourself and you build your character through hard work and long hours. After you leave this job, you will be prepared to work in any environment.
Cruise Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 May 2018
I've been working at Cruise Connections for 10+ years now and I can say 100% that it's a great place to work.
Staff are friendly, the management team are professional and supportive. The owner is hands on and provides a safe and comfortable workplace.
Like all new places you start to work at, it takes time to get into the groove but once you do it's smooth sailing from there!
I would highly suggest applying for a position at Cruise Connections, the sky really is the limit if you can put in the effort.
Pros
Free lunches, gala events, travel incentives and more
Great Team!
Cruise Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 February 2018
A great sense of camaraderie! The sense of team work was great, always someone to help you out. Greatly rewarded for a job well done. Huge opportunity for success.
Pros
Team, opportunity, growth
Cons
Benefits could be better
Rewarding workplace
Cruise Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 February 2018
Cruise Connections Canada is a fast paced and rewarding place to work. There is lots of variety, learning opportunities and being proactive in daily activities provides a great sense of accomplishment. As a Cruise Specialist, you develop your own client base and ongoing relationships with repeat cruise vacation customers and multiple referrals.There is a positive team environment with friendly staff and supportive management.
Don't get in there!
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 February 2018
Very low salaries. Most managers and President are greedy and toxic. Lots of alcohol and drugs around.
Office located in Coal Harbour. No structure and no HR.
Family Atmosphere
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 December 2017
No work place is perfect. There are days that are really challenging and you feel overwhelmed with daily tasks. This what also makes the job great. I assure you, you will never be bored or need to find work to do. It is also nice to come into work with people you like to work with, and know you always have the support of the team and colleagues.
I find Cruise Connections a great place to work. I have always been supported by staff and managment alike
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouber B.C.18 December 2017
A typical day at Cruise Connections is very rewarding. Constantly learning new things about the cruise industry and helping clients fulfill their dream vacations. The energy that the staff brings daily to their job is very stimulating and it is a driving force why this company is a great place to work.

I find management to be open and has compassion for all its employees. The overall feeling of support starts with the core principles of the organization and is demonstrated in all aspects of the work place.

Cruise connections works hard to develop and maintain transparency through constant and consistent communication between all levels of the work force. It strives each day to better at what it does and how it treats its clients and employees. in doing that it makes sure everyone is enjoying what they do and feel respected while performing their job.
Pros
great atmoshere, rewarding interaction with our clients and fellow teammates
Management and work environment
Cruise Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 November 2017
There are alot of nice people working here but the management is not supportive. The environment is toxic and as the first person that reviewed I can agree with the transparency. They will try to not pay if they can get away with it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cruise Connections Canada. Our community is ready to answer.

Cruise Connections Canada Reviews by Location