Crowne Plaza Hotel Employee Reviews

kind of freedom
Accounting Co-op (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2018
People were all nice to you.
Office was in 12th floor witch has a nice view. Job was not difficult but needed patience.
Don't need to be afraid when you made mistake. people would teach you. Just learn it and not to make anymore.
Pros
25% off in restaurant
Cons
cut half of hour break time every day even you don't take it
an ok place to work.
Porter (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 April 2018
As a porter, i was generally left alone to set up events. However the sales department was really lazy when it came to events and tend to bungle things up. Such as, giving me and the other porters the wrong information and never giving us enough of a head start for setting up events.
Pros
free food after events
Cons
multiple calls ins on days off.
Crowne Plaza Hotel
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 April 2018
-Prospected Corporate Business - Sales Calls Daily.
-Built Client Relations, attended Industry events
-Client Receptions
-Activity developed business contacts to fill the hotel, revenue generated,
-Developed contracts for corporate business and conference business
Pros
One of the regions largest Corporate Hotels
Cons
Management lacks healthy team culture.
Great Guest Services
IT Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2018
I make sure to be ready and out the door so I can get to work at least 30 minutes before ‘start time.’ That way if there are delays such as traffic I’m still on time for any meetings or important tasks. I check voice mail and the calendar, then plan my sit down work time around other things like meetings. Sometimes it’s hard to balance between being friendly and keeping on task, but people understand that I don’t like to chit chat during the day – I like to work
Very friendly place
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB17 January 2018
People are always friendly and kind. It’s a great place for culture and to learn new things. Management encourages cross training and helping departments when needed.
It is a hard job but very rewarding at the end of the day, most days.
Pros
Free staff lunch and discounts
Cons
Unorganized most of the time
good place to work
GUEST SERVICES AGENT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 November 2017
Everyone is friendly, fast paced, no work life balance for junior employees. competitive wage. opportunity to build a career within is company. overall, positive,
Productive but long hours
1st cook (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB10 October 2017
The Crowne plaza is a great place to work
Management truly cares about their employees.
I was able to work and learn in all aspects of the kitchen.
long hours including early mornings and late nights
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Long Hours
apprendre
Reservations agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 August 2017
L`apprentissage est toujours constant, le support de l`équipe c'est comme le support d'une deuxième famille, l'entraide est très importante.
Assistant Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON22 August 2017
Great people to with. Was like a family! Day to day meeting new people is great if you're customer focused. Working weekends and holidays is required in the tourism sector. Not a 9-5 place!
Made me suicidal
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 July 2017
As a 16 year old, they were giving me awful hours. 10 hour shifts 7 days in a row, with one day off. And they barely trained me. When I talked to hr about it, I was scolded and told I wasn't allowed to talk to hr again by the chef.
Pros
Food
Cons
Almost everything!
Very supportive environment
Restaurant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB23 June 2017
The restaurant team worked to teach me and support me in my learning. After leaving and going to school to learn more about the hospitality industry, they stayed in touch.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
none!
Late, Loud, Party
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 June 2017
Typical day was a 15-22 hour shift. I learnt how wedding receptions carry on with a reception/party for the guests. The culture was that the longer you worked, the more money you get paid. Unfortunately that is quite exhausting after working 4 days in a row, with very little sleep.
Pros
Delicious food, and amazing guests
Cons
terribly long hours
Overall great place to work
Room Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 June 2017
Working here was a great experience for me and has really made me a much better Busboy, Room service attendant then before and I can say I have learned a lot from the past 4 years working here. Spotless looking hotel always very clean and great busboy uniform.
Pros
free food, tip
Cons
far travelling
great workplace
Front desk agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB25 May 2017
open 24/7
great management
good workplace incentives
provide uniforms and dry cleaning
able to move around in the company
good Christmas party
clean workplace
Pros
supportive staff
Cons
always open
good in relating to other, working under pressure
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB9 April 2017
Good in relating to others; good customer service · Open to learning new skills, creative and ready to serve · Ability to work individually as well as in a team setting · Diligent, dedicated and loyal; excellent work ethic · Up-beat and friendly professional demeanor · Highly community minded - enjoy working in a helping capacity · Excellent manual dexterity and good with tools
Cons
Excellent benefits and great salary, beautiful people
SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 March 2017
I highly recommend working at the Delta Plaza because of how laid back the working environment can be for such a finely-tunes high-paced fully-functioning business. So long as everyone does a bit, there is time to enjoy yourself in the work place and really get to know people and relax and enjoy yourself. Very cultured and multi-cultured environment; weather it be people, language, or foods (and the hotel has it all). You have an excellent chance to speak with people who are just getting out of culinary schools, college courses, who are already certified Chefs and there is always something to be learned. It keeps you very sociable, busy, it's very educational from a social perspective, as well as a business perspective. You can learn many different fields all bundled into this one great location, such as; serving, bar-tending, working with food, plating food, prepping, serving, management, banquettes, there is so much to be learnt. Many people are fluently bilingual in multiple languages, so that could be beneficial. Just so much to learn and so much fun to have, great food, great benefits, great location. You get discounts on traveling expenses and hotel room rentals. Just great stuff all around.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours / Can be lonely at times
Best employment I've had in a while
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB7 February 2017
Going into work at the Crowne Plaza is always exciting. You never know whats going to happen the next day even though work can be tedious. Teamwork is something I find the Crowne Plaza is proud of because everyone just comes together and make sure everything is going to work out in a smoothly manner. Everyone always has a smile on their face. I speak highly of the staff because they are great and they have become a family.
Pros
Awesome Benefits
Good hotel with good benefits, good working evvironment.
Guest Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Delhi, ON10 October 2016
The working environment is so friendly . The benefits are good here and also the colleague appreciation things are very good . I was happy while working with this property.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Staff shortage
Amazing Workplace
Steward (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON20 August 2016
Good management

amazing co-workers

Learn New Things

providing taxi if we work late

Crowne Plaza Hotel is amazing company with excellent staff
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Great people to work with
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 July 2016
Was not challenging enough, very slow and I was bored easily.The atmosphere itself was good. I would work there again in a different department.
Pros
Had friends that worked there
Cons
was a boring job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crowne Plaza Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.