Crown Lift Trucks Canada Employee Reviews

Featured review
Crown Lift Trucks Canada selected this as a representative review
Doesn't get better than this
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 March 2019
It doesn't get better than this when it comes to working in this industry.

Us technicians are provided with all the tools, software and hardware nessecary to complete the job.

I was given a brand new work truck, cellphone, uniform and tablet upon hire as well as a new hire orientation like that I knew of all the companies policies and procedures and knew who to go to for what.

The interview/recruitment process is by far the best I have ever seen and been through with any company with clear, honest answers about the company. They made my interview process comfortable and worthwhile.

The people that work there are nothing short of happy and love their jobs.

One of the few companies left that aren't a revolving door and don't treat their employees like ''just a number''.

As long as we are getting the job done, there is no one on our backs as technicians and the company acknowledges that the technicians are the bread in butter which makes the job a lot easier.

I have worked for many of the competitors in the past and Crown Lift Trucks Canada definitely blows the rest of the water.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great salary, amazing benefits and no micromanagement
Cons
None so far
Join the Crown family
Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  MISSA-Mississauga- Admin10 December 2018
The people here are friendly and willing to help you out. People stay here for many years. I rarely have to work overtime. Best part of this place is the onsite cafeteria!
A Company With A Lot of Potential
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  MISSH-Mississauga - HO10 December 2018
Crown Lift Trucks does a great job with many things but there is some room for improvement, just like in any company. Changes are in the pipeline and it's exciting to see what will transpire.

The Great:
- Work/life balance: rarely any overtime
- Opportunities to move around, people promoted from within
- Very accommodating with familial, car or other health obligations
- Lots to learn and subject matter experts (long tenured employees) available
- Very friendly team and coworkers

Areas of Improvement:
- Dress code: ties
- Technology needs an upgrade (ERP, phone systems, computers)
- Some incentive or bonus program would be nice along with programs/activities to help build morale
- Not having to pay for coffee
Road service technician
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  MISSA-Mississauga- Admin10 December 2018
Good place to begin a career in the lift truck industry. New technician training is fast paced, but definitely helps. Overall, a good place to work as you will get support from management. Occasionally lack of management real world mechanical experience can pose a problem for technicians involved in jobs.
The hours of work (8-4:30) are the best part.
Public
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  MISSA-Mississauga- Admin10 December 2018
Busy on month ends
I have learned nNew process to enhance typical work days

Management is open to feedback, take suggestions and take initiative steps to resolve any issues

Good workplace culture

tight dead lines is hardest part month end closing.

Best part is over come obstacles and problem
Great concept...
Directeur Regional (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 November 2018
I had the pleasure of working at Crown for 3-4 months. I still believe today that they hold the secret to service. They will be recognized as a top performer in their industry in the the near future.

Management support can be deficient at times. They base their decisions on a small group of influencers.

Would go back anytime but would ask for more training and honest support.
Pros
Great local team
Cons
Managerial intergration
Was not at all like i was told
Technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON14 November 2018
Crown management likes too blow smoke and fairy dust to technicians, they claim to have support, false they claim to give you perks, false they claim you have overtime, false. Something needs to be done with their structure. Upper management only cares about numbers. Everything they tell you is a lie do not be fooled by ryder or crown management. I was a technician for ryder concord for 6 years and in that time all suggestions went on deaf ears. They don't care about you or you're family only thir numbers.
Horrible working environment. Bad moral. Just ask around.
Pros
Cons
Alot
Official response from Crown Lift Trucks Canada
26 November 2018

Hello,

Most of our benefits and advantages are discussed in our Mechanic and Technician job descriptions and explained in further detail during our interview process.

Overtime is easily attained by anyone who opts in to participate in the 24/7 service call system. Overtime can also be attained by organizing your schedule. We do not limit our technicians to work more than the 40/HR work week should they choose to do so.

Lastly, we encourage all employees to submit their suggestions and comments to our internal suggestion email inbox.

We are sorry to hear about your experience.

great company!
Field Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 November 2018
Great Company that promotes and coach's it's employee's to be the best they can be and recognizes the potential in every employee in every department.
Great atmosphere, with great salary and benefits.
Très bonne compagnie.
Technicien Routier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 November 2018
Très bonne embiance de travail, équipe dynamique.
bonne avantage sociaux, Camion fournit avec équipements.
Formation continue pour les employés. Compagnie axcé sur la santé et sécurité au travail.
Excellent support
Technician (Current Employee) –  Ontario13 November 2018
Thought it was important to share my personal experience at Crown.

I have worked for Ryder/Crown for just over six years coming over from a competitor. Was easily the smartest move of my career.

Each employee has a defined role that supports our customer relationship in a very positive way. I start at 7 and work until 3:30.
Management allows us to schedule our working day to best serve our customers.

Each of us is supported by a admin person, a customer care, a parts person, a sales person and a technical support person. I usually have quotes turned around same day, parts when I need to order I have next day (I am outposted), a tablet that has each lift truck history and $7,000 plus parts in my van.

We complete a minimum of 40 hours of technical training each year in Mississauga.

They supply all our PPE, a tool allowance as well as many of our "special" tools. (e.g. Jacks, 3/4" drive tools, Fluke meter, handsets and more).

They have "spiffs" that also add to my income.
Pros
Freedom to plan my own day to best serve my customers. Extended Ford Vans, Tablet, phone, laptop, late model van, work boots, Ppe, work clothing, Tool Allowance plus
Cons
None that I can think of?
Bad time
Technician (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON11 November 2018
In my time at crown the company showed poor communication and poor leadership. There is no open door policy.. management and HR is weak takes forever for them.to answer simple questions. All the good reviews are done by HR.. dont be fooled.
Pros
Coworkers
Official response from Crown Lift Trucks Canada
26 November 2018

Hello,

We encourage an open door policy and communication at Crown Lift Trucks Canada.

Part of the on-boarding process consists of an orientation outlining the harassment policies and procedures to take should an employee run into these situations.

We are sorry you feel this way and appreciate your feedback.

Happy I made the move!!
Parts Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON9 November 2018
I was nervous about leaving my job of 5 years.
But couldn’t have been happier with my choice of change! Employees are great to work with!
Always a positive environment. Lots to offer
Pros
Mon to fri job. Pension. Wages. Benefits. Close to home.
Great workplace with added bonuses
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON8 November 2018
- Very rewarding and challenging career with great wages and benefits. There are options for advancement and nice perks that come with the job! The hours are perfect I'm home every night with my family. It feels good to be part of a thriving team that values everyone's input.
Pros
Wages and perks
Wouldnt work any where else
Road Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON8 November 2018
Current road service Technician for Brantford location.
Absolutely no complaints in 3 years of service at crown, formerly known as Ryder.
This company respects and appreciates good technicians and positive attitudes. Crown gives you a customer base and you simply take care of those customers. Pretty simple, manage your time and this company will take good care of you. I have not yet witnessed an ounce of micromanagement, and any huge company like crown will have unorganizational issue from time to time, I cant recall a time it hasn't been resolved promptly. All in all, Crown is on it's way to be the top lift truck company and they know it starts with the employees.
Pros
Lots of van stock and specialty tools. yearly cost of living, tool allowance, boot allowance. Factory and after market training. Great managment
Fun family oriented place to work with ample opportunity to advance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON8 November 2018
I have been with Crown for over 10 years. I have been in positions from technician supervisor and including management and seen everything they have to offer. Crown offers advancement for those who want to grow in their career. Pension and benefits are superior when compared to other dealers. Great reliable job that you can plan to retire from.
State of the art shop that is by far the best and cleanest in ontario in the forklift industry, current model service Van's Dealer maintained, stocked with ample crown supplied tooling and diagnostic equipment, office setting is pristine. Excellent product to work on and lots of support staff that will stand behind you. If you pride yourself in excellent customer service and appreciate attention to detail Crown is for you. If you dont believe me stop in to our branch and take a tour to see for yourself.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Cant think of one.
Rewarding and Opprotunity to Advance
Field Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON8 November 2018
Crown is a fast growing company with a culture that prides itself on taking care of their employees and customers.
Upper management fully supports internal growth and actively encourages/provides personal and professional development such as training and coaching.
As an employee, you have ownership in your role and they provide the support you need to succeed.
Pros
Benefits, Pension, facility
Great workplace
Road Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON1 November 2018
- Great team to work with
- Work hours are perfect
- Never overwhelmed with the work load
- Always room for advancement
- Great salary
- Being a road tech = truck, gas, cellphone and more given for free by the company.
- Benefits are the best that I have ever had with a company

I got a promotion to become a Manager after 14 months of being a road tech.
Pros
Work hours
Technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON23 October 2018
Technician (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON22 October 2018
Nice place
Road Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 October 2018
I've been with the company for about 1 month and I very much enjoy my stay here. People are nice to work with, company treats their employees well and there's lots to learn.