Crown Lift Trucks Canada

Canada33 reviews
Featured review
Crown Lift Trucks Canada selected this as a representative review
Excellent support
Thought it was important to share my personal experience at Crown.

I have worked for Ryder/Crown for just over six years coming over from a competitor. Was easily the smartest move of my career.

Each employee has a defined role that supports our customer relationship in a very positive way. I start at 7 and work until 3:30.

Management allows us to schedule our working day to best serve our customers.

Each of us is supported by a admin person, a customer care, a parts person, a sales person and a technical support person. I usually have quotes turned around same day, parts when I need to order I have next day (I am outposted), a tablet that has each lift truck history and $7,000 plus parts in my van.

We complete a minimum of 40 hours of technical training each year in Mississauga.

They supply all our PPE, a tool allowance as well as many of our "special" tools. (e.g. Jacks, 3/4" drive tools, Fluke meter, handsets and more).

They have "spiffs" that also add to my income.
Pros
Freedom to plan my own day to best serve my customers. Extended Ford Vans, Tablet, phone, laptop, late model van, work boots, Ppe, work clothing, Tool Allowance plus
Cons
None that I can think of?
Coverups H R & The New Ontario Regional Managers Incompetence
Cover ups from the USA & Ontario CROWN upper regional managers! I have never seen in my 30 years of working such corruption from SOME greedy corrupt employees working their own repairs under the table and stealing parts and overcharging clients for repairs not needed and covering up technicians incompetence! Former service supervisor now retired (Thank God) was incompetent and hoarding parts for 30 years leaving a junk years of parts for others to clean up! The previous Windsor regional manager in 2018/19 was great and uncovered several alarming issues that he brought to the attention to upper management and was let go shortly after uncovering all the internal corruption! I hope the new manager now can continue to look after the employees, Good Luck!
peanuts lies
Smoke shows and magic mirrors
empty promises. Dont expect any money from clown forklifts they pay at all but they will expect the world from you. really
Windsor===get everything in writting!!!
They Lie, manipulate and make several empty promises to get you in the door, you will soon realize that its nothing as promised. Lack of communication is the worst Ive seen, customers are left in the dark. Windsor management and most office staff do not keep in contact With customers leaving techs to resolve issues created by office/ management. I worked there for a few years the changeover took its toll on all techs as most of us have left and more leaving this revolving doir company that bought Ryder..... make sure all offers and perks are documented !!!
Micromanagement at it’s best!
No room for advancement! You’re stuck but expected to set goals at review time. There is no leadership or coaching to obtain your goals. Expected to stay after work be flexible without compensation. Micromanagement and company politics at its best! Majority of managers and supervisors have no people or management skills; there is no
accountability! This place is a revolving door unless you’re a lifer which is part of the problem they’re afraid of change. Systems and procedures are from the Stone Age. New processes are met with resistance. In this day and age everything is electronic but things are still done archaically and there is NO option to work from home. Most importantly if you stand up for yourself your labelled as a difficult employee!
Not a pleasant place to work
Company is in a constant state of change, making the same changes back and forth multiple times. In-experienced branch manager. Upper management has modified job descriptions on internal postings to accommodate pre chosen candidates who were unqualified. Micromanaging from managers all the way down to technicians. More of a dictatorship rather than a republic where other points of view are taken into consideration
Business in a business
being a service tech for Crown Lift Trucks is like running your own business inside a business with full admin support and contacts which is awesome

Service van was loaded with tools including compressors, tablet was given to me along with a company cellphone. gas and insurance paid for on the service van that I get to take home with me and leave with in the morning. Very rarely do I have to go in to the shop, only to pick up parts.

best of all.....coming from the automotive industry there is NO FLAT RATE!
Good company
Good company, really understanding, work vs family, helpful, open door from any director. Good training and amazing team, every one helps each others. It's a big family!
Great place to work!
Great place to work. Great team of co-workers. Very busy work atmosphere but everyone works together to insure customers needs are met. I'm a new manager and take pride in my team. I treat the entire team with respect as I was an active service tech and I have a very good Idea of the job consistency. Everyone in our local branch and company wide have been extremely helpful to me in my new role.
Huge growth year over year
So much great opportunitys, amazing benefits, a fun work environment and everyone is positive and happy. So much transparency and honesty, I feel like the staff here are familly. I defenitely recommend this company! a++++
Crown is great
My work days are always filled with excitement
I have learned how to manage and how to deal with defferent people with defferent caractor

Management is good and always fair with us and try to accommodate

Positive work culture and looking to improve

Overall every job has its up and down but in genaral this company is well structured and has good resources for support
Review after 1 year employment
After a little over a year working in a middle-management position, I am greatly impressed with the direction the company is taking, and the level of involvement it takes in creating a pleasant work atmosphere. I work with an amazing team, all dedicated to the same goal, which is to provide excellent service to our customers. There is always room to grow within the company, upper management is always available, and ready to answer any and all questions.

The is by far the largest company I have worked for, yet they have kept the family-values approach that I find very appealing. In summary, great place to work at!
Best place I've ever worked at
Awesome place to work. Negative reviews are reflective of people that are not ok with change and evolution

No-one breathing down your back as long as you are doing the right thing and your job!!
Pros
Company provided benefits, amazing work environment, flexible hours, new school corporate
Interesting place to work
Pros

Co worker are great and helpful

Company Van

Cons

Passing the buck

Some of the new hires are not very good at their job (wrong diagnostic causing customers thousands in repairs )

Specialty tool that should be available are not always available (reflect to management and only answer is will look into it)
Doesn't get better than this
It doesn't get better than this when it comes to working in this industry.

Us technicians are provided with all the tools, software and hardware nessecary to complete the job.

I was given a brand new work truck, cellphone, uniform and tablet upon hire as well as a new hire orientation like that I knew of all the companies policies and procedures and knew who to go to for what.

The interview/recruitment process is by far the best I have ever seen and been through with any company with clear, honest answers about the company. They made my interview process comfortable and worthwhile.

The people that work there are nothing short of happy and love their jobs.

One of the few companies left that aren't a revolving door and don't treat their employees like ''just a number''.

As long as we are getting the job done, there is no one on our backs as technicians and the company acknowledges that the technicians are the bread in butter which makes the job a lot easier.

I have worked for many of the competitors in the past and Crown Lift Trucks Canada definitely blows the rest of the water.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great salary, amazing benefits and no micromanagement
Cons
None so far
Join the Crown family
The people here are friendly and willing to help you out. People stay here for many years. I rarely have to work overtime. Best part of this place is the onsite cafeteria!
A Company With A Lot of Potential
Crown Lift Trucks does a great job with many things but there is some room for improvement, just like in any company. Changes are in the pipeline and it's exciting to see what will transpire.

The Great:

- Work/life balance: rarely any overtime

- Opportunities to move around, people promoted from within

- Very accommodating with familial, car or other health obligations

- Lots to learn and subject matter experts (long tenured employees) available

- Very friendly team and coworkers

Areas of Improvement:

- Dress code: ties

- Technology needs an upgrade (ERP, phone systems, computers)

- Some incentive or bonus program would be nice along with programs/activities to help build morale

- Not having to pay for coffee
Road service technician
Good place to begin a career in the lift truck industry. New technician training is fast paced, but definitely helps. Overall, a good place to work as you will get support from management. Occasionally lack of management real world mechanical experience can pose a problem for technicians involved in jobs.
The hours of work (8-4:30) are the best part.
Public
Busy on month ends
I have learned nNew process to enhance typical work days

Management is open to feedback, take suggestions and take initiative steps to resolve any issues

Good workplace culture

tight dead lines is hardest part month end closing.

Best part is over come obstacles and problem
Great concept...
I had the pleasure of working at Crown for 3-4 months. I still believe today that they hold the secret to service. They will be recognized as a top performer in their industry in the the near future.

Management support can be deficient at times. They base their decisions on a small group of influencers.

Would go back anytime but would ask for more training and honest support.
Pros
Great local team
Cons
Managerial intergration
Was not at all like i was told
Crown management likes too blow smoke and fairy dust to technicians, they claim to have support, false they claim to give you perks, false they claim you have overtime, false. Something needs to be done with their structure. Upper management only cares about numbers. Everything they tell you is a lie do not be fooled by ryder or crown management. I was a technician for ryder concord for 6 years and in that time all suggestions went on deaf ears. They don't care about you or you're family only thir numbers.
Horrible working environment. Bad moral. Just ask around.
Pros
Cons
Alot
Official response from Crown Lift Trucks Canada
26 November 2018
Hello,

Most of our benefits and advantages are discussed in our Mechanic and Technician job descriptions and explained in further detail during our interview process.

Overtime is easily attained by anyone who opts in to participate in the 24/7 service call system. Overtime can also be attained by organizing your schedule. We do not limit our technicians to work more than the 40/HR work week should they choose to do so.

Lastly, we encourage all employees to submit their suggestions and comments to our internal suggestion email inbox.

We are sorry to hear about your experience.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crown Lift Trucks Canada. Our community is ready to answer.