Crowe Soberman

Crowe Soberman Employee Reviews

Was a Senior Accountant at the firm and got promoted to Manager within two years. Love the people I worked with including the partners. Some of them genuinely care about you and we even kept in touch after I left. They also provide great learning experiences and opportunities for career advancements.
Pros
Fun culture, lovely coworkers, free bagel on fridays, catered dinner for all staff during busy season, great learning opportunities
Cons
long hours is expected during busy season like any other accounting firms
Being a T1 assembler wasn't enjoyable because of the remedial tasks of printing and sorting. There is no engagement factor to the job, the tasks are repetitive, the workplace environment is dead quiet, and the management is not interactive at all.
Like many accounting offices, Crowe Soberman is also very stressful during busy season but they ensure to encourage employees by creating fun activities. It is a mid sized company with room to grow.
work environment not bad. Management not well organized. Employers were fun and good to work with, and the people were easy to talk to. could be better organized
As a staff accountant in Audit & Advisory, I developed skills to prepare personal and corporate tax returns and perform NTRs and review engagements. I also learned how to use accounting software, Caseware, to prepare financial statements.
In today's day and age, it's rare to find a professional services firm with a company culture like Crowe Soberman's. From the partners to junior staff, everyone is welcoming and helpful. As cliché as it sounds, the people here are truly like family. We definitely subscribe to the "work hard, play hard" mentality. Work days are long and busy (especially during Tax Season) but we're also rewarded through our competitive salaries, generous vacation days and employee benefits package. Without a doubt, I would recommend Crowe Soberman as a phenomenal place to work.
Pros
1/2 day summer Fridays, employee benefits packages, close to TTC
Cons
Busy Season (January-May)
Crowe Soberman LLP is a great mid-sized firm staffed with some great individuals. The firm has a very friendly and inclusive atmosphere. Nice perks in the summer time when the industry slows down for the second part of summer, including half-day Fridays. Overall I would reccomend this firm to anyone who is looking for a mid-sized firm to grow within.
Working within Crowe Soberman has been a pleasure. The staff are well versed in their duties, always willing to assist in training or answer any questions, and they accommodate any needs/wants you may have to ensure an easier workload. The dynamic and culture is relaxed, but demanding, and the company itself makes you WANT to work every day. The hardest part is the training if you aren't used to it, however, they are always patient.
Pros
There are too many to count
I can happily say I love my job. Wonderful team dynamic that truly cares about each other and our clients. Lots of opportunity for growth and development.
Great place to work. Great staff. Great people, and just great overall work environment. Clean office, near subway. Long hours.
Everyone is nice and helpful. Partners and managers at this firm are very open door policy and greatfull to be working with,
A typical day is full of challenges, with a variety of people to deal with, new problems and solutions everyday. Fully uses analytic and problem solving skills.
• Provide desktop level support, including installing and upgrading hardware, software • Deploying windows 7 based workstations, new user setup. • Troubleshooting internet and network related issues • Windows server 2008 & 2012 AD user account creation, file and print server administration • MS Exchange 2010 user mailbox creation, Resources Access permissions • MS Lync based ip phone setup, configuration • BES server administration • Mobile devices support (Iphone, blackberry, android) • MS APP-V client support • Caseware & T1, T2, T3 support • Maintaining and updating IT inventory
Pros
Free Lunches at times
Cons
Gets really Busy during Tax filing season
  1. Employee reviews