Crothall Healthcare Employee Reviews

most of your day was spent working.
Hospital Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  NRGH - Nanaimo B.C.8 April 2018
my workday was usually spent sterilizing O.R.'s, for Crothall, when I worked for them. Due to some medical problems I had to stop working for Crothall in August of 2017. I viewed this as an opportunity, so I went back to School and now I am looking for work.
Pros
good medical plan...HEU
Cons
very demanding, physical work
Horrible company
Environmental Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Campbell River, BC16 February 2018
I have worked for Crothall for a year now, and I find that they’re a horrible company to work for. Not only do you get low pay, but they never seem to pay you right, tend to “lose” any form of important paperwork that you give them, and don’t treat any of their employees with respect
Pros
Full time work
Cons
No respect, wrong pay
fun workplace and co-worker but a bit low on management because of their unconsiderate rules.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Ubc17 November 2017
*most of my day at work are fun because of my jolly and lively co-worker but always busy in our workplace.
*what I learned working at Crothall are lots of things like cleaning different types of area for example offices and of course dealing with those professional people in the workplace, patient room and dealing with the patient, students room and many more. i even learned how to be more friendly because every day theres different types of people you have to deal for. I also learned how to extend my patience and skills on cleaning those areas.
*management for me its a bit of not satisfied because theres no consideration from them sometimes.
* the hardest part of the job is to deal with different types of people including my co-worker management and those people in my working area but I always have a big patience for them and able to deal with those hardship in my work place.
* being able to work by yourself with less assistance of the supervisor and able to work with those amazing people.
Pros
non stressful work environment
Cons
sometimes you dont get to have your last 15 minutes of break, because you have to finish your work on time.
great place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 March 2017
great place to work ,balance between work and life and great management ,training was provided on site .lots of room to grow with crothall healthcare .
Productive well organized company
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 November 2016
I have found working for Crothall Healthcare rewarding well organized group of individuals as well as my co-workers whom are always going the extra mile to help others out and the management team is amazing in itself making sure the employees have the tools we need to perform ours jobs at the highest performance level Great company to work for!!
Pros
Cons
Odd hours
horrible company to work for
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 November 2016
horrible overworked
management treats you like garbage
co-workers unfriendly
fiscally demanding
only enjoyable part of the job is pay day
Pros
no pros to this job
Cons
over worked and treated like garbage from management
Attention to detail cleaning and great team player.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 April 2016
I'm a housekeeper in a Cancer Hospital. I work in an outpatient area. When a patient is finished their treatment I am to clean their area. My day consist of cleaning beds, chairs, rooms, bathrooms, cleaning, disinfecting and maintaining a work area. I've learned the ability to manage multiple task in a pressured environment. I've also learned the ability to make informed decisions and evaluate situations with job priority. What I like about my current job is that I get to make a significant difference in patients lives by insuring them that they are coming into a clean environment and interacting with them in a positive way. I have worked with others, as well as independently, and have been successful in both positions.
Pros
Working with an amazing team.
Good Company
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamiton Health Sciences12 November 2015
Crothall Healthcare is a good place to work. The VP team is great, they treat you with respect and dignity. I would recommend working with Crothall if the opportunity rises.
Pros
Friendly people.
Cons
long hours.
I loved working at the hospital!
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Victoria General Hospital21 September 2014
I hold a temporary part time weekend position with them right now. Also work on call the rest of the week! I work in all sections of the hospital but my weekend position is doing patient discharges, cleaning the room from top to bottom after the patient leaves. As well as cleaning NICU and Medical imaging areas. I love and get along with all my coworkers and supervisors, they are all amazing helpful people and have taught me a lot! The most enjoyable part of my current job, is having the sense I am putting in my part to help the health care industry. I also enjoy all the diverse people I meet on a day to day basis!
Pros
Union
Cons
Rewarding position, excellent opportunity to advance!
Environmental Services Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 September 2013
Lots of walking around hospital, ensuring staff are properly cleaning patient and non patient areas. I learned to pinpoint trouble areas, and how to better communicate with employees.
Pros
Great benefits and senior staff were helpful.