Crossroads Family Services Employee Reviews

2.7Pay & Benefits
3.5Job Security & Advancement
Crossroads Family Services is a great place to work!
Program Manager - Foster Care (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 August 2018
I have been working with Crossroads Family Services for a number of years now and I couldn't imagine working anywhere else. I initially started working with the organization as a foster parent, and then over time worked for their group home and then as a staff in their foster care program. Through the years, I also had the opportunity to complete my University education in the Social Work program and completed my practicum through their different programs. Through this, I have had great supervisors, amazing support and encouragement and have learned a lot over the years in the human services field. I am now a program manager for the company and never would have got here with out the superior direction, teaching and mentoring I have received from the Supervisors and Peers I work with.
Pros
Great place to work, positive, collaberative and respectful culture
Crossroads really cares about kids and families
Former manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 June 2018
The hardest part of the job is not being able to do as much as you would like to, the best part of the job is being able to help kids and families. The staff are excellent, very genuine.
Pros
Staff and community
Crossroads is an Excellent organization.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ab5 April 2018
Crossroads is an Excellent organization. They provide awesome services to the community and treat staff with respect. When working I always felt like the management and supervision had my back. I learned a lot about working with kids and families. Overall Great!!!
Pros
Meaning and Fulfillment in your work like.
Cons
Could use more money.
Flexible hours, good management and training is provided
Respite Support Worker for special needs children (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 May 2017
I'd enjoyed my time with Crossroads Family Services. I felt very supported by management in my respite worker role as this job can sometimes be very challenging. You are in control of who you give respite support to, although it can take some time to get a child and family to work with. Crossroads puts a lot of time and attention into finding the best matches of respite workers with families in need of support.
Pros
Good supportive management
Cons
not well paid
enjoyable atmosphere, but poorly led
RESPITE PROGRAM DEVELOPER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 November 2014
client base is strong, leadership is weak, have seen significant financial loses over the last year.