Crossmark Employee Reviews

it is extra money, but it costs money using the vehicle, you need a small car, cheap to run
Data Collection/Representative (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB7 August 2015
While employed by this company, I found my supervisor did not respond to a few of my requests for information to complete my project. The pay is low, no benefits unless full time. The data collection job hours fluctuates, where one week you could get over $200.00 as long as you travel out of town. The following week you could end up with $60.00 for the paycheque. I found the pay doesn't help with car maintenance ( which you must do ). If you end up in the ditch during winter driving..be prepared with towing coverage. The company is only concerned over who is going to do the meaningless task, which may take 20 minutes to an hour. The job is created for the bored person with a new reliable, cheap to run vehicle. Also a coworker told me the company never gives raises. After one year, I did not receive a raise.

Like anywhere else, the coworkers come off as being nice but they do a lot of slamming behind the back. The only good thing about the job: flexible hours you choose when you work (within a given time limit) and you are paid weekly.
Good Company Culture
Event Specialist/Retail Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario1 June 2015
Excellent company to work at. I get to participate in various exciting product samples and educational events. Crossmark is fun to work at I enjoy it.
ok if you do not need hours
E.S. (Current Employee) –  Oshawa Ont21 April 2015
good company to work for except hours cannot be guaranteed. sometimes there are no shifts available. good way to introduce yourself to new products.
Fun company to work for...
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 March 2015
Each work day consists of doing product demonstrations in Walmart Stores. You work with all kinds of different people, which is what makes the job fun.
Great pay, people, and fun work environment but not many shifts
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 March 2015
Fun to meet new people and interacting with customers. Demos were interesting and exciting to run. The pay is good, however there is sometimes limited demos to be conducted and thus shifts can sometimes be limited.
Pros
Interacting with customers
Cons
Long hours on feet
Great Company
Retail Recruiter, Western Canada (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 February 2015
I truly enjoy my job and I have learned a great many skills in my time with them.

Fantastic co workers and great teams. I recommend them as a great place to work
Enjoyable place to work
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 February 2015
Wonderful company to work for, loved the scheduling flexibility.
The supervisor and trainers were super nice to work with..
Pros
flexible hours were great
Cons
----
Crossmark
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC31 January 2015
Crossmark is an excellent company to work for. They treat all their employees with mutual respect and courtesy. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new people every day and being able to give generous samples to them.
Bad Managment
Retail Merchandising/ Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE30 December 2014
1. Manager was hard to get a hold off;
2. Seldom ever returned calls or emails;
3. Got disciplined for making suggestions that would have helped getting the work done quickly and more efficiently;
4. Very little training.
Pros
Flexiable Schedule, Did not have to work nights or weekends.
Cons
To many to mention
makes me happy and let me to have relationship with people
Sales event specialist - Weekends (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Longueuil13 November 2014
Introduce products to clients of Metro chain store, prepare some samples and explain about different products.
Pros
Opportunity to improve my french language, more familiar with canadian people and their cultures
Cons
Not related to my education, Just for week-ends
Was not trained properly by local management.
Demo and sample hand out person (Former Employee) –  Amherst, Nova Scotia8 November 2014
This was a big joke all of use had no idea what we needed to do so I would start working trying to get things moving. Then I would get told off in front of other workers and people in the store where we were setting up. They were rude and really disrespectful to me in a way I've never experienced. If you needed more information or had a question they didn't know the answer and would never get back to.

There was fun dealing with customer and meeting people I will say.
You stand all day do not get any breaks and if your lucky you might get time for lunch. They don't pay to bad I would say fair, but you'll work for it.
I tired to speak to one Crossmark manager or what ever they call them about the way they were acting towards me and ,I couldn't get a word out of my mouth. I was much older then most of the people working there and I told them because I'm a diabetic I needed to snack or eat and keep a eye on my sugar.

I should of wore a diaper because I was lucky to get to use the washroom. It seemed like a fun job at first but the things started go south as you got a taste of the manager. I really think that all of us doing the work would of done much better on our own. The last day they took our lunch time away and wanted to change it to two 15 minute breaks lol, the only ones that liked that idea was the smokers, well it didn't work out for me. I've worked for 35 years and was doing this to keep busy and I like to work.

So when I tired to talk to the manager to try and reason with her she told me I was fired. First time I've ever been fired from a job.

Well that's
  more... my story and not saying don't ever work there it might work for you!  less
Pros
the customers were fun to work with
Cons
poor training more like you have to take charge for yourself.
Good Company to work for.
Hills Nutrition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 October 2014
Great Company to work for, not enough hours for me.

Great Manager, very patient and kind.
Great team players
Part time Retail Merchandiser Floater (Former Employee) –  Toronto22 October 2014
Not enough hours to keep us busy. Relines are one of my favorite things to perform and Crossmark just did not have enough work for me and team.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
not enough work
Demo food for customers to sample
Event Planner (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON14 October 2014
Set up cart
Purchase product to demo
Prepare food for sampling
Clean up cart and utensils used
Pros
Customer Contact
Cons
No product on shelf for demo
CROSSMARK – gives you the opportunity to grow
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Ont14 October 2014
My experience at CROSSMARK was positive, then empowered me to grow and develop over the past 4 years.
Pros
Great people and Managment
Cons
lack of Business, and systems are old
good
Démonstrateur d'aliments (Current Employee) –  Montreal,Qc12 August 2014
good salary , good advantages and they even give you drive time and gas money so what's better than this .
Not working the same job everyday
demonstor (Current Employee) –  toronto ontario20 June 2014
Cross-mark is a demonstrating company we are located in metros and in food basics handing out product sample to shoppers, every day is a new product, every day there are new people and some familiar faces.
Not a great place to work
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2014
Management has minimal knowledge and do not show leadership skills while supervising employees. Made it extremely difficult to work under those conditions.
Pros
Customer interaction, sales experience
Cons
Supervisor
A
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON29 May 2014
A typical day involves gathering all my pop, project reports and driving to all my stores for that day. My co-workers are fun to work with. Sometimes the hardest is lifting very heavy fixtures. The most enjoyable is interacting with department managers and customers, I do go out of my way to assist whenever i can.
Pros
we get paid milege
Cons
They don't pay enough.
Enjoying it but not enough hours
Merchandiser/Data Collection (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba29 April 2014
A typical day at work is going from store to store to do merchandising and data collection.

I enjoy the interactions with other workers, management, and the public that I meet.

Hardest part of the job is refraining from buying things while in the stores I'm working in.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that every day is different, I'm always in a different store doing something different.
Pros
Get to be creative.
Cons
Not paid for first and last gas and time.