Crossmark Employee Reviews

good place to work at
Account Executive, Representing Procter & Gamble (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 August 2016
Crossmark is a good company which takes good care of its employees. A typical day at work at the Mississauga head office revolves around sales and back office work ...

The management in general is very supportive however there are few very negative people working too who make it very hard to perform and generally do not support their teams.
Pros
Good positive senior managment
Cons
weak ground level managers, and immense pressure on certain teams vs the others
They're ok
Key Account Manager for P&G (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2016
Ok company, but seems to not quite have proper direction. I would not really recommend. Good co-workers. Can manage your own days.
You are your own manager
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2016
Crossmark helped me to gain the managerial knowledge as we have to deal with all the task by ourselves and report our own timing.
Fun job if product is available.
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC25 June 2016
Commit to being available Thursday through Sunday every week until the schedule is downloaded. If nothing is scheduled for a particular week you can make other plans.

Variety of new products to be demonstrated each week if the product is available in-store.

Fun job getting to interact with different consumers on a daily basis.
Workplace that encourages growth and advancement
Regional Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 April 2016
A company that understands and encourages a good work / life balance that offers guidelines and learning documents towards growth and advancement. Good support system during advancement or new work situations.
Crossmark
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 February 2016
Crossmark is an excellent company to work for and I enjoy the work environment. My contacts with Crossmark are all very pleasant to deal with and very friendly. Crossmark does great work
Part-time position
Representative (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver12 February 2016
Required to review product placements at designated stores, and assist in promotional campaigns initiated by the manufacturers.
Pros
One can self-schedule hours
Cons
Small work load
Productive and friendly environment
Retail Representative (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC26 January 2016
Set up demo display and demonstrate new products to inform customers what is new. Let customers taste the food demos and give them information on the products
well run company
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC6 November 2015
the job requirements are very basic, interaction with the public key to success at this position, my supervisor was always accessible and available
Pros
interacting with happy customers
Cons
promoting products i wouldnt use myself ie) high calorie or high sodum foods
Fun job
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, Burlington and Oakville15 October 2015
Great company to work for. Co-workers are helpful and I love meeting new people everyday! The management is great and the job is very flexible with hours.
Pros
get paid for your break
Cons
Standing long hours
managment
coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 September 2015
The manager never cared about the employess. The job was very stressful people yell at you every day. If i ever the call the manager on the phone for help she would never answer the phone.
If you want a flexible job are quick at solving problems and independent this job will work for you
Data collection (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta28 August 2015
I work with the company for 4 year over that time I had 8 different managers and the majority of them were all hired out of the company and did not receive much training. Which affected the staff below. Due to the managers poor planning we would receive "emergency" stores to complete that day since the deadline for them was two days ago.
When I was hired I received a 5 min training session on a project that took over 8 hours to complete with no support from the team lead or the main manager. When I had questions about the project I had to guess at the correct answer and hope that it was correct. When I wanted to branch off into other areas of the job I had to claw my way trying to get extra work... Too many staff and not enough regular work. When special project came up there was always a good chunk to go around but that happens irregular.

If your a hard worker, expect to be asked to help train people, even though there are team leads (the people that are suppose to be the trainers) you will not get a increase in wage to do this or any other perk.

If you have a concern that you take to HR they will do nothing but twist things back on you. If you do not get let go after dealing with hr expect your work world to be a nightmare until you do quit.

My advice for people thinking of working for this company, be a strong individual that can work with extremely limited support, be quick on your feet when problems come up and when you do have to call your supervisor be persistent because they are always over worked, usually taking care of there district plus another.
  more... because the company can not keep management and over work the ones they do have.  less
Pros
Flexible work schedual great for when kids are in school
Cons
poor management, very little training either in the field or with devices
it is extra money, but it costs money using the vehicle, you need a small car, cheap to run
Data Collection/Representative (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB7 August 2015
While employed by this company, I found my supervisor did not respond to a few of my requests for information to complete my project. The pay is low, no benefits unless full time. The data collection job hours fluctuates, where one week you could get over $200.00 as long as you travel out of town. The following week you could end up with $60.00 for the paycheque. I found the pay doesn't help with car maintenance ( which you must do ). If you end up in the ditch during winter driving..be prepared with towing coverage. The company is only concerned over who is going to do the meaningless task, which may take 20 minutes to an hour. The job is created for the bored person with a new reliable, cheap to run vehicle. Also a coworker told me the company never gives raises. After one year, I did not receive a raise.

Like anywhere else, the coworkers come off as being nice but they do a lot of slamming behind the back. The only good thing about the job: flexible hours you choose when you work (within a given time limit) and you are paid weekly.
Good Company Culture
Event Specialist/Retail Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario1 June 2015
Excellent company to work at. I get to participate in various exciting product samples and educational events. Crossmark is fun to work at I enjoy it.
ok if you do not need hours
E.S. (Current Employee) –  Oshawa Ont21 April 2015
good company to work for except hours cannot be guaranteed. sometimes there are no shifts available. good way to introduce yourself to new products.
Fun company to work for...
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 March 2015
Each work day consists of doing product demonstrations in Walmart Stores. You work with all kinds of different people, which is what makes the job fun.
Great pay, people, and fun work environment but not many shifts
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 March 2015
Fun to meet new people and interacting with customers. Demos were interesting and exciting to run. The pay is good, however there is sometimes limited demos to be conducted and thus shifts can sometimes be limited.
Pros
Interacting with customers
Cons
Long hours on feet
Great Company
Retail Recruiter, Western Canada (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 February 2015
I truly enjoy my job and I have learned a great many skills in my time with them.

Fantastic co workers and great teams. I recommend them as a great place to work
Enjoyable place to work
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 February 2015
Wonderful company to work for, loved the scheduling flexibility.
The supervisor and trainers were super nice to work with..
Pros
flexible hours were great
Cons
----
Crossmark
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC31 January 2015
Crossmark is an excellent company to work for. They treat all their employees with mutual respect and courtesy. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new people every day and being able to give generous samples to them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crossmark. Our community is ready to answer.