CROSSMARK

Canada19 reviews

Found 19 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,884 reviews
storeproducttaskscheduleflexiblehourtrainingmanager

Entry level job

Independent working with deadlines to meet. Somewhat flexible schedules. Good training experience with seasoned employee. Manager was accessible via cell phone or email.

Great Job for what it is

This is a great part time job that can fit into a busy life. You can work on your own timeline. Jobs are easy to complete. Some of the companies policies make it hard for an employee to get paid for all the extra time things can take.

Insights into CROSSMARK

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment

Boring job

Management need how to treat their employees with respect Terrible pay Lots of standing bending and scanning products with machines that dont work properly

Pros

Cons

no comment

mind numbing

boring work, get to travel lots. have to explain why you are at stores all the time and multiple times.lack of support. no real training. only a side job

Official response from CROSSMARK

31 August 2018
I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience working for our organization, however, we do appreciate your feedback and will work on making the Data Collector experience more enjoyable.

Terrific Home Based Freelance Job

My job as a Data Collector is terrific. It's part-time in a set territory with regular weekly assigned jobs and additional monthly jobs as well. There are also quarterly, bi-yearly and yearly jobs that are required. Everything is based off of monthly time frames. By boss is great!

Pros

Lots of Time to Complete Work

flexible part time

Excellent part time work for stay at home parents, retirees or anyone wanting to supplement FT income.(hire PT ONLY) Job is very flexible and does not require schedule hours but strict deadlines must be followed and met. No set daily schedule as long as deadlines are met. This is a 52 week per year job that must be constantly and consistently completed every week. You must have reliable transportation as there is a lot of driving involved to many different retail locations. It is beneficial to be the primary shopper in the household and be somewhat familiar with grocery and health and beauty products/brands Job does not include benefits

Pros

flexibilty, working independently

Cons

poor pay rate, no benefits

Very pleasant staff and company

Job was very relaxed and allowed for continuous growth and promotions Enjoyed the flexible hours Did research and sent out data daily Was able to travel around for this position throughout the city Was able to drive myself to each task location and back which allowed me to become more familiar with addresses and the city

Pros

Very flexible hours

Cons

Not a permanent position

Excellent job

This is good company to work for especially if you like working alone and travelling to different places. It also helps if you like or can work with repetitive tasks although there is enough variety in other ways. There is good support a phone call away if you need it. The pay is good but there are no health or dental benefits. I enjoyed my time at Crossmark.

Pros

Travel costs are mostly covered.

Cons

No health or Dental benifits.

Busy but enjoyable job

With working for Crossmark I found this is a job that is for someone who wants to work on their own schedule, willing to travel and be alone at points as well.

Good place to start your career or for part time work.

This is a nice company to work for. Compensates you adequately for your work. Usually not enough hours, but good as a second or part time work. You should be able to work in standing position for few hours at a time.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CROSSMARK?

If you want a flexible job are quick at solving problems and independent this job will work for you

I work with the company for 4 year over that time I had 8 different managers and the majority of them were all hired out of the company and did not receive much training. Which affected the staff below. Due to the managers poor planning we would receive "emergency" stores to complete that day since the deadline for them was two days ago. When I was hired I received a 5 min training session on a project that took over 8 hours to complete with no support from the team lead or the main manager. When I had questions about the project I had to guess at the correct answer and hope that it was correct. When I wanted to branch off into other areas of the job I had to claw my way trying to get extra work... Too many staff and not enough regular work. When special project came up there was always a good chunk to go around but that happens irregular. If your a hard worker, expect to be asked to help train people, even though there are team leads (the people that are suppose to be the trainers) you will not get a increase in wage to do this or any other perk. If you have a concern that you take to HR they will do nothing but twist things back on you. If you do not get let go after dealing with hr expect your work world to be a nightmare until you do quit. My advice for people thinking of working for this company, be a strong individual that can work with extremely limited support, be quick on your feet when problems come up and when you do have to call your supervisor be persistent because they are always over worked, usually taking care of there district plus another. -

Pros

Flexible work schedual great for when kids are in school

Cons

poor management, very little training either in the field or with devices

it is extra money, but it costs money using the vehicle, you need a small car, cheap to run

While employed by this company, I found my supervisor did not respond to a few of my requests for information to complete my project. The pay is low, no benefits unless full time. The data collection job hours fluctuates, where one week you could get over $200.00 as long as you travel out of town. The following week you could end up with $60.00 for the paycheque. I found the pay doesn't help with car maintenance ( which you must do ). If you end up in the ditch during winter driving..be prepared with towing coverage. The company is only concerned over who is going to do the meaningless task, which may take 20 minutes to an hour. The job is created for the bored person with a new reliable, cheap to run vehicle. Also a coworker told me the company never gives raises. After one year, I did not receive a raise. Like anywhere else, the coworkers come off as being nice but they do a lot of slamming behind the back. The only good thing about the job: flexible hours you choose when you work (within a given time limit) and you are paid weekly.

Enjoying it but not enough hours

A typical day at work is going from store to store to do merchandising and data collection. I enjoy the interactions with other workers, management, and the public that I meet. Hardest part of the job is refraining from buying things while in the stores I'm working in. Most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that every day is different, I'm always in a different store doing something different.

Pros

Get to be creative.

Cons

Not paid for first and last gas and time.

Very enjoyable place to work!

Out in the public working in all different locations. Work independently with help only ever a phone call away...

Hurry hurry hurry. But don't miss a thing

Over sized under staffed and technologically inconsistent.They only hire PT until you have shown your mettle for in excess of 4 years.

Pros

work from home

Cons

too much headache per dollar

Working Indepentently

I collect data and information on products from different Pharmacies and Grocery Stores. I learn about new items all the time. We work independently so we do not interact with co-workers. The haradest part of the job is that I walk all day, in a way this is good exercise.

Pros

work independently

Cons

management is not too knowledgable

Working at my own pace

I go to the various Pharmacies or Grocery stores. I scan all the items I am suppose to scan with my hand held computer MC65. It is interesting to see all the products in the stores. My manager is not very helpful, and I need to learn a lot of things on my own. This is good for me because I get to make mistakes and then learn from them. It is not good from a management point. I work independently in this job. The hardest, but also benefical part of my job is that I walk all day.The most enjoyable part of the job is when I have to search for items and I find them.

Pros

working independently

Cons

lack of leadership in the company

Aug

I have had a great experience working with Crossmark and its staff. Everyone has been more than hospitable my entire time with them. Unfortunately it is only a part time position throughout the entire company and I need a more stable atmosphere for my family. It was the perfect job at the time, while I was still in school. The flexible hours but stiff deadlines really worked well my my schedule but it is time to fine something full-time.

Pros

flexable hours, management, co-workers, work life balance

Cons

no room to move up. all employees are part time

Great supervisory & team lead support.

I enjoyed the flexible schedule & the pay was decent, but there was not enough work in the area I was in.

Pros

flex schedule

Cons

work not steady

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CROSSMARK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement