CROSSMARK Employee Reviews

Found 106 reviews matching the search See all 3,110 reviews
flexible part time
FIT auditor/data collector (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2018
Excellent part time work for stay at home parents, retirees or anyone wanting to supplement FT income.(hire PT ONLY)
Job is very flexible and does not require schedule hours but strict deadlines must be followed and met. No set daily schedule as long as deadlines are met.
This is a 52 week per year job that must be constantly and consistently completed every week.
You must have reliable transportation as there is a lot of driving involved to many different retail locations.
It is beneficial to be the primary shopper in the household and be somewhat familiar with grocery and health and beauty products/brands
Job does not include benefits
Pros
flexibilty, working independently
Cons
poor pay rate, no benefits
reliable
Event Specialist (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 June 2018
Good and reliable company, provide excellent life and work balanc. The organizational culture is emphasized, but the salary is not very high. The company has a good management team.
Great leadership team and value life work balance
CUSTOMER BUSINESS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 November 2018
Good leadership team.
Great brands.
Multi-cultural/diversity which is nice.
Since the company is a distributor/broker, clients can leave and find a new broker.
Pros
Good leadership team.
Cons
Wide Variety of work, keeps it interesting
RETAIL SALES REP (Current Employee) –  Ontario31 May 2018
They represent too many brands that hard date work on different days at the store store which makes scheduling difficult.
Management is disorganized and emails are constantly sent out to provide updates and clarification.
Next weeks work often doesn't drop until the Friday before so you don't know your schedule in advance.
Must have a good relationship with the store to complete your tasks successfully.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Disorganized HO
Excellent place to start, gives hardcore experience about marketing and promotions
Event Specialist - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2018
They offer flexible opportunities for everyone, without being biased at all. There are part time and full time opportunities with fair pay. You cant ask for more. Management is good, organized and everything goes by book. Pretty disciplined.
good experience, not enough work hours
Brand Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 June 2018
Good work, nice manager but not enough work hours, some times we get 4 days a week and other times nothing.
A lot of time spent on reporting after work and it's not payed.
Pros
independent
Cons
not enough work hours
A simple job
Laura Costello - Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 May 2018
It is a simple job, but it requires carrying a lot of heavy load which is the hardest part of the job. It also can be tiring, because you are standing for long hours. It also involves travelling far.
mind numbing
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB16 August 2018
boring work, get to travel lots. have to explain why you are at stores all the time and multiple times.lack of support. no real training. only a side job
Official response from CROSSMARK
31 August 2018

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience working for our organization, however, we do appreciate your feedback and will work on making the Data Collector experience more enjoyable.

it is extra money, but it costs money using the vehicle, you need a small car, cheap to run
Data Collection/Representative (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB7 August 2015
While employed by this company, I found my supervisor did not respond to a few of my requests for information to complete my project. The pay is low, no benefits unless full time. The data collection job hours fluctuates, where one week you could get over $200.00 as long as you travel out of town. The following week you could end up with $60.00 for the paycheque. I found the pay doesn't help with car maintenance ( which you must do ). If you end up in the ditch during winter driving..be prepared with towing coverage. The company is only concerned over who is going to do the meaningless task, which may take 20 minutes to an hour. The job is created for the bored person with a new reliable, cheap to run vehicle. Also a coworker told me the company never gives raises. After one year, I did not receive a raise.

Like anywhere else, the coworkers come off as being nice but they do a lot of slamming behind the back. The only good thing about the job: flexible hours you choose when you work (within a given time limit) and you are paid weekly.
Excellent job
Data Collection Associate (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS28 June 2017
This is good company to work for especially if you like working alone and travelling to different places. It also helps if you like or can work with repetitive tasks although there is enough variety in other ways. There is good support a phone call away if you need it.

The pay is good but there are no health or dental benefits.

I enjoyed my time at Crossmark.
Pros
Travel costs are mostly covered.
Cons
No health or Dental benifits.
Terrific Home Based Freelance Job
Data Collector (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC4 June 2018
My job as a Data Collector is terrific. It's part-time in a set territory with regular weekly assigned jobs and additional monthly jobs as well. There are also quarterly, bi-yearly and yearly jobs that are required. Everything is based off of monthly time frames.

By boss is great!
Pros
Lots of Time to Complete Work
Simple Work, Decent Pay
Field Intelligence Agent (Current Employee) –  Montreal31 October 2013
I do price checks, flyer audits, scanning out-of-stock merchandise, and inventory at grocery stores, pharmacies, mass merchandisers, and convenience stores.
Pros
Easy tasks, flexible schedule, get to work independently, salary is $13/hr, company pays for mileage, printing costs, and any work-related activities done at home.
Cons
Only offers part-time work, team leaders are not necessarily qualified for the job, some undercover work is involved which is illegal, all the jobs in the same store/area must be done in one day and no returns allowed, we're given a limit on the amount of time spent in a store so there's pressure to work quickly
I really enjoy this job ! I get to interact with people all day long .
Event specialist (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON25 July 2012
My day at work is pretty straight forward, I engage in conversation with many consumers about products and experience they might have with the products. I have learned how to multitask when promoting more then one product at a time, keeping my self from being overwhelmed. managment in both the store and the company i work for are both great. My co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with, I have not had any problems with them. The hardest part of my job would be standing the entire time. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with consumers.
Pros
good salary
Cons
standing
Tremendous flexibility. Organization is atrocious
Retail Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON25 February 2017
Flexibility in when you can complete your work, as long as all projects are uploaded by the deadline. Perfect as a part-time position or for a semi-retired person looking for a little extra cash. Paid for drive time and mileage, which is a very important aspect.

Organization from the top all the way to the bottom is very poor. Instructions change constantly. Projects are often loaded incorrectly and data needs to be re-collected. Written instructions from clients are almost always extremely confusing and unclear. Employees often need to call to clarify instructions and procedures because clients do a poor job at expressing their needs. Communication is seemingly non-existent at times between Crossmark and the stores we are expected to collect data in. Employees, managers and organizations in general often have zero knowledge of Crossmark's involvement in the projects we are completing. Co-operation is routinely not received because the overall footprint of Crossmark as a marketing entity is tiny.

Raises are not given and bonus structure is unfair and almost impossible to receive.
Pros
flexibility, pay for mileage and drive time, easy
Cons
disorganization, lack of clarity, incompetance of clients, no raises
Very pleasant staff and company
Inventory Specialist/Data Collections Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 February 2018
Job was very relaxed and allowed for continuous growth and promotions

Enjoyed the flexible hours

Did research and sent out data daily

Was able to travel around for this position throughout the city

Was able to drive myself to each task location and back which allowed me to become more familiar with addresses and the city
Pros
Very flexible hours
Cons
Not a permanent position
Okay Type
Events Specialist (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 June 2017
Been Working for more than 6 months now,
salary is okay better than other companies but totally not you deserve.
working hours are good and people are friendly
Experience
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2013
Working as a demonstrator is a good experience and we learn how to deal with customers and demonstrate them the products. Greet treat and sell is the motto of the company. I like the pay and the benefits.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
very less working days, and ignorance by the customers in some situations
great flexability
Retail Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 January 2018
great work life balance, flexibility,helpful supervisors
daily ,weekly, monthly tasks, great training
independent and group work
I learned a lot about building store relationships
data collection
no (Former Employee) –  cambridge20 May 2012
worst company to work for they promise 20 hrs but you need to work faster then fast. I ended up getting 6 hrs a week which didnt cover the cost of gas , internet etc... waste of time.
Cons
no pay raise
If you like mass merchandiser and independance go for it
Bilingual Rep (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 September 2016
Bad experience. Psychological arrassment. Over qualified. Stayed too long at this position. Didn't like at all this job!
Pros
my own territory
Cons
Salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CROSSMARK. Our community is ready to answer.