Crossmark Employee Reviews

Good weekend job
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON9 March 2018
Great for students looking to get into marketing or customer service. Mostly communicated with grocery store employees and not crossmark. Internet access or laptop is a must to be able to complete uploading requirements
They don't pay, you are lowly scum in their eyes
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Canada22 February 2018
It's nasty when a huge company like Nestle awards a merchandising contract to a marketing company with the absolute worst reputation in the industry such as Crossmark, and then exposes countless unsuspecting people to the abuse that they will face. WARNING...Expect constant pay interruptions, or no pay at all, horrible abusive management, no training, sudden termination without warning, sudden change of hours without warning, sudden change to working terms without warning, no compensation for use of your vehicle, lowest wage in the industry, rude office staff, you are blamed for anything and everything that could possibly go wrong no matter the issue, even the weather, it's a farce from the word go.
Pros
never having to think about them again
Cons
that they take up space on our good planet
Very pleasant staff and company
Inventory Specialist/Data Collections Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 February 2018
Job was very relaxed and allowed for continuous growth and promotions

Enjoyed the flexible hours

Did research and sent out data daily

Was able to travel around for this position throughout the city

Was able to drive myself to each task location and back which allowed me to become more familiar with addresses and the city
Pros
Very flexible hours
Cons
Not a permanent position
great flexability
Retail Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 January 2018
great work life balance, flexibility,helpful supervisors
daily ,weekly, monthly tasks, great training
independent and group work
I learned a lot about building store relationships
Good place to earn some exrra cash
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 December 2017
I most likely could have gained more hours and income if I had my own vehicle but I was mostly a helper. I strongly suggest this company if you enjoy merchandising.
Fun Workplace
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2017
Fun to work with. Company does business in marketing. Does provide good managers and product training if needed. Good company to work with if you have passion for marketing.
Lack career advancement opportunities.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Lack of hours
The audit company sure has many advancements and growth.
IN-STORE PRODUCT DEMONSTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON8 November 2017
The manager is great and so was the pay.
I was hired online for this company and learned so much in the two months that I worked there.
I left because I didnt get enough hours and it was hard on me as a full time student.
Okay Type
Events Specialist (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 June 2017
Been Working for more than 6 months now,
salary is okay better than other companies but totally not you deserve.
working hours are good and people are friendly
work in field but always able to contact supervisers for help
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON31 May 2017
very satisfying employment working always in field. enjoy working in the retail environment always ready to satisfy customers needs I like having the flexibility of setting my own work schedule
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
not enough work would like to suppliment w/ex work hours
productive and fun. Workplace on site gym
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  toronto canada2 May 2017
A good work place, ethics and culture highly rated.The management was so friendly, considerate with a good listening hears. I enjoyed the team spirit and the leadership skills is exceptional.
You get a chance to interact with a lot of people.
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2017
It's a great experience working at Crossmark you meet and interact with new people and you market the product every time in different ways and you learn about new things and types of clients and sometimes even promote sales.
Pros
you learn about different products every week and their attributes
Cons
Long Distance Locations sometimes
Steady employment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Pictou & Antigonish County18 March 2017
My area is Pictou and Antigonish County. I travel to various stores doing planograms, relines, audits, price and merchandise checks for several different products.Mostly Proctor & Gamble. Tasks are outlined in an easy task format and support is awesome.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
non
Busy but enjoyable job
Data Collector (Current Employee) –  Dauphin, MB27 February 2017
With working for Crossmark I found this is a job that is for someone who wants to work on their own schedule, willing to travel and be alone at points as well.
Tremendous flexibility. Organization is atrocious
Retail Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON25 February 2017
Flexibility in when you can complete your work, as long as all projects are uploaded by the deadline. Perfect as a part-time position or for a semi-retired person looking for a little extra cash. Paid for drive time and mileage, which is a very important aspect.

Organization from the top all the way to the bottom is very poor. Instructions change constantly. Projects are often loaded incorrectly and data needs to be re-collected. Written instructions from clients are almost always extremely confusing and unclear. Employees often need to call to clarify instructions and procedures because clients do a poor job at expressing their needs. Communication is seemingly non-existent at times between Crossmark and the stores we are expected to collect data in. Employees, managers and organizations in general often have zero knowledge of Crossmark's involvement in the projects we are completing. Co-operation is routinely not received because the overall footprint of Crossmark as a marketing entity is tiny.

Raises are not given and bonus structure is unfair and almost impossible to receive.
Pros
flexibility, pay for mileage and drive time, easy
Cons
disorganization, lack of clarity, incompetance of clients, no raises
Pet Nutrition Specialist
Pet Nutrition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 February 2017
Great job, great communication, great boss. $18 hourly, Blue Buffalo reps only make $14-15 same with Purina. The hours were short so its great for someone that is already really busy.
Pros
Hourly Wage
Cons
short shifts
Great place to enhance communication skills
Product Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 December 2016
My management was helpful. Her coaching was excellent. She encouraged and pushed for results. Some of the events are less desirable than others.
Great job for learning a number of different skills.
Retail Representative (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK23 December 2016
I enjoyed working for Crossmark Canada mainly because of the variety of tasks I had to accomplish. Management was very helpful during my training period. I would definitely recommend this job to others.
Good place to start your career or for part time work.
Data Collection Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 December 2016
This is a nice company to work for. Compensates you adequately for your work. Usually not enough hours, but good as a second or part time work. You should be able to work in standing position for few hours at a time.
Nice to work independently
Retail Division - Consumer studies (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 November 2016
It's nice to be able to work part-time, manage your own schedule to balance work/home life. It allows me to opportunity to understand the consumer world, pricing and marketing.
Pros
work independently
Cons
unable to feel like you are making an impact.
travail sans aucune supervision, sauf par courriel ou téléphone.
Représentant commerces de détails (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 October 2016
Environ 4 heures de travail par jour, 3 jours par semaine avec déplacements dans Montréal. Contact: Mme Marcella Savoie très compétente.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crossmark. Our community is ready to answer.