CrossLinx Transit Solutions

CrossLinx Transit Solutions Employee Reviews

Canada21 reviews
The position I had at Crosslinx didn’t really have any work life balance, it was all work 7 days a week and sometimes 16-18 hours a day. Over the course of a year I had worked 27 additional days outside of my Mon-Fri scheduled shift.
Great place as an intern to start off in the industry, Learned many industry standards, and people and project management skills. Super Friendly co-workers and are willing to help if needs be.
It is a nice workplace but since it is a project with a projected end date in 2021, it generates lots of insecurity for the employees. Not all feel like able to be transferred to a PC.
Very good Employer. Very good project. Safe, harassment free workplace. Very well work policies put in place, for Health, Safety, Environment, Quality, Fit for Duty, Procurement and Contract Administration handbooks etc.
Pros
Plenty of professional and social activities.
Cons
Unfortunately lack of opportunities for me, and no RRSP for all direct hires.
Very good company I’ve got no complaints personally I feel way more comfortable & confident working with this company great group of guys well respected leadership these guys values the workers & treats the equally
It is an excellent company poised to complete the Eglinton LRT project, Excellent work culture, fantastic growth opportunity, talented workforce. I am proud to be part of the company
Management & organization culture is very poor. Lack of direction & training. HR is very unorganized with poor communication towards staff. Working in a hostile environment with zero opportunity for growth. Company is a revolving door with rapid turnover. Not a good work experience.
Nice work culture. Great Management. Great team work.flexible work hours. All in all a perfect company to work.I enjoy working for C.T.S.C. Work satusfaction is great.
Reads and interpret plans, instructions and specifications to determine work activities
Build and disassembled table form and scaffolds

Collaborated with teams to prepare building sites and support needs of project managers, supervisors, framers, plumbers, electricians, roofers and finish carpenters throughout all phases of building projects
Pros
Vacation Pay
Cons
Long Hours
Crosslinks has very poor management, no benefits and salary is poor. They hire and terminate people in a short time. HR very unorganized, no communication. People don't stay there for long. I had a horribel experience and HR did not care. I would not recommend working there.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CrossLinx Transit Solutions?
This company is a terrible place to work. People are super negative and unmotivated. Plus this company will be laying off most of its staff soon once’s the project roles down.
Extremely poor management and rigid management is the main problem. There is a huge lack of trust to employees outside of circle of friends. You hear frequently statements like " You're not here to use your head" or "I will fire him...", etc. Apparently, a national project like this should be differently managed and Canadian taxpayer money much better used and protected. Zero appreciation towards some employees. Very unfair salary considering work conditions and expectations. Based on my knowledge, I consider the work quality as critical.
Pros
Other employees, Human Resources, Metrolinx employees
Cons
Management, Salary
Management was poor, direction and training for specific job was lacking. Safety training was good, zero opportunity to visit site areas. Unorganized and competitive rivalry between the joint venture companies. Salary was good, benefits were great. Staff turnover was rapid which does not help the situation.
Pros
Salary, co workers & benefits
Cons
Lack of job specific training, poor management
Amazing company to work for. Management is great i felt like family when I was working for Crosslinx. Very understanding staff and managers they really do mean it when they say family is everything. Thank you for the experience even though it was a short time it defiantly will sit with me forever.
A typical day at work starts from 7:00 AM until 4:00 PM. Some days are spent on site the entire day, or in the site office updating drawings, attending meetings, and filing/photocopying documents. My interpersonal skills, were expanded from the work experience, I learned more about: the construction and design process of building an LRT line, safety and environmental regulations, different programs such as bluebeam revu, excel, smart use, etc. As a summer student, my role was not significant, and some tasks were tedious, but overall it was worth it for the knowledge and experience I have gained.
Pros
Co-workers provide good training and learning experiences.
Cons
Pressured to work unpaid extra hours as a summer student
it's a very fast paced working environment, where prioritizing and organizing tasks is a very important action to deliver on time and meet the deadline.
multitasking is vital as well in this construction project since lots of actions/tasks will be required each day.
Good people, good benefits and also a good environment to work in. But career advancement is lacking. I would definitely recommend candidates who are looking to learn a lot. If you are looking to advance in you career then this may be a little stagnant.
Pros
great people
Cons
stressful
No micromanaging, great office work culture. Tasks are challenging but fun and everyone works together on projects to ensure deadlines are met.

Senior management and staff are all very pleasant and want to see you succeed. Nothing but great things to say about my experience working here
Pros
No micromanaging
Cons
None!
I am getting treated well . it is a Great company to work . I really like this company and easy to grow up with them. I Highly recommend this company to every body
Challenges due to nature of joint ventures. Organization still finding it's feet and shape.

Interesting work and technically challenging. Culture is still forming and is defined by dominant JV partner in each station.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Poor organizational structure
Gran oportunidad de desarrollo profesional porque es el proyecto deign - build mas grande north america.