Crop Defenders Ltd.

Crop Defenders Ltd. Employee Reviews

The team at Crop Defenders is a close-knit group of people who really try to help each other every step of the way. Very encouraging atmosphere and from the things they are doing, you can tell they are committed to getting bigger and better at everything they do.
The owners are very disrespectful .they do not trust anyone.The office smells of sewage because of the overflowing septic tank. the buildings are overrun with mice
Pros
Cons
long hours minimum wage and appalling unsafe working conditions
Management is quite fair and accommodating of my family situation. Everyone is extremely friendly. Job roles not always defined well so there can be gaps and overlaps but for someone who wants to carry more responsibility and grow, this is the perfect place.
Worst company ever to work for! Management is very disorganized. Culture and working environment is awful and you always felt like you have to watch your back. Most enjoyable part of the job was when I walked out and never went back.
Pros
Cons
everything -
like i said crop defenders has got to be the worst company i have ever worked for there is no pleasing the owners no mater how good your work is still not good enough always talking behind your back kill all kind of bees do not pay all the money they owe have you working out in the cold with water and no heat
Pros
nothing
Cons
lousy money treat you like you are stupid
honestly one of the worst places I’ve worked. Expectations too high , management always complaining and yelling about how bad of a job you are doing. Owners and managers really don’t care about you or other employees. The only redeeming thing are Coworkers are actually good people and okay to work with. Would definitely not recommend anyone work for this terrible company. If there was an option I’d give this place NO STARS
Pros
Quitting this place
Cons
Long hours, no support, low wage, bad management, disorganized, toxic workplace
A great overall company. Definitely bumps in the road to becoming the massive company this will be. The owner and his wife are very genuine and fair people. I can honestly say is one job, I regret letting go. You have to be willing to take a learning curve and not allow stress to get in the way of success. I would definitely consider going back if I am offered!
Pros
Work environment is team driven, Flexibility for certain postions, Down to earth owner that treats you like family.
Cons
Situational stress.
Love the team dynamics lately and that you get the responsibility that suits you. They see your true intentions... as long as you‘re willing to learn new things every day and + improving what you’ve been given and taught. This is a place to work at for a long time! Not the place for people who want a job but not to work!
Can be disorganized at times. Need to be a person who can change on the fly and not get stressed out by the fast paced environment. The people that like to work here like to be challenged, multi-task and wear many hats at the same time. But that can mean being pulled out of your comfort zone, and having to solve problems sometimes without a lot of guidance, which can be frustrating for some, but super rewarding for others. Not for people who need very straight forward daily tasks, or highly organized work environments.
Pros
Opportunity, locally owned
Cons
Growing pains
Local company, proud of offering excellent service/products to customers. Working on organizing their growth, and its coming along. Really cool industry, cutting edge research. Love the variety of people this company brings together. Really diverse group, lots of different backgrounds and specialties. Some days can be hectic. But I like being busy/challenged. If you like being busy, like not having a limit on what you can do, and can also be flexible, this is a great place to work.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Need to be flexible, can be lots of interruptions/new tasks coming up
A lot of things happening. Never a dull moment. A lot of opportunity to learn and to stretch ones-self. Nice size of company, where there are opportunities, but without the big company red tape type restrictions.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere, interesting work
Was allowed a lot of flexibility when my family life required it. Was offered opportunities to contribute in many different parts of the business. If I had an idea, it didn't matter if it was not in my specific department, I was listened to and given an opportunity to help solve the problem.
Pros
Lunches, casual atmosphere, exciting industry
This company has many negative issues (Long hours, low pay, and no job stability). I helped sales/marketing team and no direction. No sales targets! Sales meetings were 3 hours long with little or no direction as to what should be the sales path(s) for the following week! It was ridiculous and a waste of everyone's time!!!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, disorganized, bad treatment of employees
Official response from Crop Defenders Ltd.
4 July 2019
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you did not have a positive experience in your role. The company is changing a lot of things, and growing, especially in the sales department in order to make sure there is clear direction and support for all employees. Crop Defenders Ltd. wants every employee to feel as though they are given the tools and direction they need to be successful.
Productive day every day learned new things, met new people