CRH

CRH Employee Reviews

Found 123 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,136 reviews

Fast pace and alot of finger pointing

Fast pace work (pay doesn't quite match work required). High turn over (mainly due to low pay). Not given tools to succeed while training/developing new hires.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Low pay

Not a good place to work.

This company is a big Multinational however management ran it like a small family business. Low wages which will not be reviewed. Performance reviews not on time. A lot of turnover especially newer people you can see as they are always looking for people sometime masking identity as Oldcastle or CRH(parent company). Still in business because of big Multinational behind but losing out to newer companies but competition does not offer full range of products which buys this company time. I do not recommend for any minority as the management is VERY biased.

Pros

If you are looking for work they are always hiring.

Cons

Toxic work environment

Worked at this shop as a apprentice mechanic just before 3 months were up terminated my employment was over a month to get hired background checks and sent for a medical waste of time wouldn’t recommend they seem to fire a lot of people at this location for some reason

Lack of integrity

Too many cooks in the kitchen not listening to one another. Too many conglomerates with off shoot umbrella companies. Lack of integrity or loyalty. Run.

Pros

A weak union too far away

Cons

Great company to work with but hours aren’t stable

Great pay and great benefits but there is no job and life balance. Hours aren’t stable everyday so can’t plan anything in your life. Schedule is different everyday. In summer we have very long days and winter we get laid off with part time work

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Schedule

Good work place, good company

Good work place, good company, you learn a lot from technical managers, they allow for flexible working hrs. supportive colleagues, work load varies depends on the project deadlines. the room of the improvement in term of salary / position is very slim, and this is the only disadvantage in this company. overall OBE is great company to work with.

Pros

productive environment, nice work place

Cons

room of improvement is very slim

The best company ever

I loved that place from first minute. I had the best managers and colleagues ever.I felt like I was part of a family and not an employee. The managers are great, involved and willing to help and support.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

dirty and unsafe place to work

management is forever undermining the strength of their workforce. Employees are constantly watching their backs .Personally I can say after being there for so many years that they were not the greatest career move I ever made.

Pros

Good pay rate

Cons

Dirty And unsafe

Les environnementales concernant

J'aime travailler pour une journée complet sa me vas très bien

Pros

Je compte à faire

Cons

Assurance habitation

Environnement de travail agreable car collegues agreables

-Collegues agreables-Management attentif-Manutention des charges lourdes

Pros

Repas gratuits

Cons

Environnement a risque a cause de la manipulation du verre

Laisser pas une bonne job pour sa

Prône la santé sécurité mais en gros préfére que vous by passer le système sans leur dire pour faire les job le plus vite possible avec le moin de matériels possible.... Parfait pour des jobbers non professionnel

Pros

Paye et equipe jeune

Cons

Santé sécurité

Aucune sécurité d emploies

Pour le maigre salaire et le stress et l insécurité d emploie ça ne vaut vraiement pas la peine d'être traité ainsi. Ya mieux ailleurs. Et à lire tous ces beaux comm. Ci haut ç est sûrements ecri par les patrons !!!

Pros

Habite près

Cons

Aucune sécurité et stabil

Environnement productif et très bon collègue

Bonne ambiance de travail et ,très bonne endroit où faire c est preuve.

Good place to be

No real complaints. Its a good place to be and they care about their employees. Hours can get long some days. Lots of training, good people in the maintenance department.

Bad Management

management doesn't talk to you about how you are doing, they never asked or told me if i was doing good and never heard any feedback about how i was preforming

My best working company

Everything just perfect, work life balance and pay, culture, helping nature etc. Every staff and managers are so down to earth and didn't face any problem from day 1 until the last day. I hope I can work there again.

Pros

Often has free pizzas and lunches

Excellent work environment

It is a place one would look forward to work. Excellent work life balance. The work environment is fun and something one could look forward to. Must work .

Not good

Shipping and reservein that's my favorite. I was the leadan at Shipping and reservein..I look out for my customers always right..u ave to be extra careful when u dealing with the glass

Great

It was great company. We made frames of windows and doors with cnc machines and I also worked with forklift which was a great experience for me. I got chance to enhance my skills overs there

Workplace culture holds growth and builds bond

Workplace culture holds growth and builds a bond, with the right team available to bring new ideas to the table to encourage new experiences everyday.

Waves of fast paced stressful "panic mode" breakdowns followed by slow paced PM and scheduled maintenance. Free coffee and reward lunches

A typical workday started with a shift handover. Only breakdowns were handed over, all work started by a technician would be completed by the same technician. Heavy equipment redundancy allowed many things to remain non-critical while down. I learned to improve my troubleshooting and problem solving skills. Picked up the basics for arc and MIG welding, plasma cutting and Milling and lathe operation, not usually afforded to my trade. Improved and refined my ability to navigate, troubleshoot and isolate electrical problems remotely through the online PLC program and use it as a powerful troubleshooting tool. Management was past its prime. Most were approaching or over retirement age. This leads to an "old boys club" mentality where newcomers of a younger generation are not welcome or respected. Their perspectives and ways of doing things are outdated an considered unacceptable in the modern work place. Heave rift between production and maintenance in both management and on the floor. Work culture is an "Old boys club" culture, with an emphasis on lip service and bare minimum safety compliance. Production over safety. Reprimanded heavily if injured or damaged equipment, rewarded for unsafe behaviour if it minimized downtime with no incident. Aging workforce with a tendency to hire in the 50+ age group perpetuates this culture with little hope of change, and no consideration for future generations, or the plant's future. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the stress of a tough work environment. Dangerous, dirty, noisy, extremely cold, extremely hot and working -

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CRH. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement