Credit River Retirement Residence Employee Reviews

2.3Pay & Benefits
2.3Job Security & Advancement
Productive Fun Workplace allows room for creativity
Life Enrichment Assistant (Full Time) (Current Employee) –  Streetsville, ON5 August 2018
A typical day for me starts with facilitating activities for residents on the Memory Care floor or for the Independants/Assissted Living. Examples of the activities could be "Chairobics" (Exercise), "Java Music Club", "Go For Life" walking club, followed by a Bible Study or a friendly game of Carpet Bowling or an educational Ted Talk in the Theatre. After Lunch, get prepared for the afternoon programs, either on Memory Care floor or Independant/AS Living side of things.

I could facilitate a Baking club or a Sing-A-Long. Alot of the times I'll run a Dance/Sing-Song program that the residents love. They especially love the dancing part. I could also be setting up for an afternoon of entertainment by setting up chairs etc. I've also run many types of Brain Gym programs.

I've learned that the better prepared you are running programs the better they are executed and flow with ease. It's always best to have a back up plan, just in case things don't go the way you want them to.

Management are generally very friendly and supportive in all that I do. The Work Culture is Fun, Challenging, Friendly, Collaborative, & Flexible.

The hardest part of the job is when you get attached to a resident that you really had a special bond with and they pass away. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a new resident comes on board, and you're able to build rapport & trust with them and see them transition into your activities by attending them willingly. This makes me very happy along with seeing the smiles and getting hugs from residents that enjoy coming to the
  more... Sing-A-Longs.  less
Pros
It's a home located in a quaint village with lots of shops close by to walk to
Cons
Parking.
Great Place
Personal Support Worker (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 May 2018
Health and Wellness Manager is really a great help with regards to scheduling matters. He tries his best to accommodate everyone and gives as much shift as he could for part timers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Credit River Retirement Residence. Our community is ready to answer.

Credit River Retirement Residence Reviews by Job Title