Credit Bureau of Canada Collections Employee Reviews

productive and fun learning experience
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 April 2018
I loved working here, the managers at the time mike and mark where amazing. always taught me new ways to be faster. they made the working day fun and exciting. I miss working there to be honest.
Pros
free food, good people, fast paste
Cons
not really any because I loved it
Long hours and lots of different workflow
Collector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 January 2018
This company had many different clients they dealt with, and I had the opportunity to touch base with most of them. This job provided me knowledge that I was not aware of. Also, this job is a handful and had to move on to pursue other opportunities.
Pros
Monthly prizes and bonus cheques
Health or Wealth
Third Party Collector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 October 2017
I liked the my job, but unfortunately I started having some health issues. My manager made me choose between getting better or coming to work, so I left right there.
Pros
the job
Cons
Manager
A good overall rating
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto , Ontario 255 Consumers Rd. Suite 40029 May 2017
The collections officer positions have given me the opportunity to develop my financial skills and gain experience with dealing with various clientele. I was able to write tests and acquire the appropriate licenses. I reached the point where I was permitted to train and educate new incumbents to acquire the necessary skills in order to achieve high quality service. I Learned to work well within a team, fast paced environment, and communicate with upper level management.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
constant changing of monthly targets
Good company
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 May 2017
I hated to leave but I did not get along with my supervior. Otherwise this is a good company to work for. As long as you keep to yourself you should be good. Just like any other place I guess
Pros
Rrsp
Decent place to work for!
collector (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 May 2017
It was a great place to work at as long as you hit your targets, managment was fantastic and the bounus's were good. Our office closed down inst catharines tho for no reason.
Its okay to start off in but nothing for long term unless you go to third party
Outsourcing (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 May 2017
Its something good to put on your resume but third party make more money.Also the hiring process was easy I got a interview on the phone then in person same day and got the job
Challenging work place
IT Support Analyst/Telecom (Current Employee) –  Toronto ON2 March 2017
Most challenging work I ever had..
Working independently
Management is very professional in terms of dealing their employee
Open for any ideas in terms of improvment
Review
Collections Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 September 2016
To work in this company is great achievement. The environment of this company is pretty nice. You can learn many things while working here and you can give yourself a great career start.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
No growth
"Business Decision"
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 July 2016
So I left my other job to work here because of "stability". It wasnt that simple. One of the operations manager actually called me for weeks to work with them.

Myself and along with 5 other individuals get hired at the same time. I believe a total of 10 people got hired within 2 months. Just for one department. A huge portolio gets pulled. Then single handedly, one by one, everyone who was hired was fired before their probationary period ended because of a "business" decision.

Only pros of working there are a some of the managers and people you work with. Depending on what portfolio you worked, you made your own schedule.

But stability is one thing you can cross off your list.
Great company for hard workers
Senior Collector/Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto22 March 2016
Great place to work for hard driven individuals. Great co-workers. Great salary for those driven to make it. Great management team.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Owners
Just a number
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 March 2016
It sounds better then it actually is. You get to pick your own hours, and get to choose when you work a late night ( monday- thursday). At the end of the day, they do not see you as a person but rather a number. They pressure you to hit your target, but if you hit it to many times, they find excuses for you not to succeed. if you do not hit your target, they will drop your pay. A lot of drama in the office, and it is almost like being back in high school
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
no job stability, poor pay and benfits
Revolving door
COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  ST CATHARINES25 February 2015
Very high stress, many calls to make as well and times managed. Micro managing not good. No advancement, highest turnover I have ever seen. Dont question the chaos or you will than be micromanaged.
Pros
Cons
No sick time
Clean working environment.
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2014
A typical day at work is usually a productive one.
Although I have financial backround experience I am always
learning something new.
I always appreciate a manager that is proactive and gets things done when needed.
Always pleasant when your surrounded with positive and
encouraging people.
The hardest part of the job and learning to deal with hostile customers.
The most enjoyable is closing accounts following proper protocal
and guidelines.
Pros
Good incentives
Cons
No recognition
it was ok
Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  mississauga, on19 October 2014
not enough money to start... if you there you have to be there go for the long haul....... to make any kind of money
Pros
people
Cons
salary
...
Collection Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga24 August 2014
Healthy Work Culture with positive management structure.
Third party collection agency which has expanded rapidly
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, On8 June 2014
Primary duties include outbound telephone calls and computer work. Logging interactions in computer for client. Attempting to collect receivables for various clients.
Pros
Easy access for most directions to and from work
Cons
Negative environment from working with customers to profanity on the work floor by management.
Fun place
IT Analyst and Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga7 May 2014
Great group of people you can work with.
None stop environment.
Productive and Fun workplace
Bilingual Outsourced Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 February 2014
Managing Corporate Accounts receivables for all businesses across Canada as an outsourced service provider for major Telecommunications company. Assessing the corporate accounts on the systems. Interact and communicate to clients to update their accounts online. Arranging for payments and forwarding account information. I gained exposure to the Credit Business. I learned the online system. I have enjoyed the negotiations and convincing skills I have displayed to attain mutual agreements. My co workers were very supportive and a great ambience. The hardest part was to vision ahead since the system is hard and fast and repetitive.
Pros
People interaction; support, great workplace
Cons
Repetitive
An enriching experence w.r.t all major macro areas in canadian market
Outsource Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 February 2014
My day use to start with a cup of refreshing coffee in the entertainment area catching up with some early news headlines , planning the day ahead and gearing up mentally for the things to do at workstation, and finally progressing towards my assigned task and target achievement thru the day, finally posting my day's Vis-a- Vis report.

Have learned to be proactive from my supervisor in terms of day planning and work chores

Got all the support from my supervisor and co-team members during my stint professionally and socially.

It was really hard and disappointing when news of my lay-off due to a project lost by company came in , it was hard to digest, as I had never expected this.

Never the less I have enjoyed all my time and stint with the company be it work or leisure with colleagues and peers there...good luck to all ..my best wishes to CBCC.
Pros
Flexible approach towards employees.
Cons
Too dependent on current projects and ignoring future trends and times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Credit Bureau of Canada Collections. Our community is ready to answer.

Credit Bureau of Canada Collections Reviews by Location