Crawford & Company Employee Reviews

overwhelming
EXPERT EN SINISTRE (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 February 2018
not enough employee for the workload, slow change, need something fresh in every step of the chain.
Waterloo office is terrible
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON14 February 2018
Worst company ive ever worked for. lack of professionalism made me leave right away.

No one at the waterloo office actually knows anything about insurance or anything for that matter.

I was told it doesnt matter how to calculate claim payment. After 3 months of working there none of the new hires had a desk yet. I was sick 1 day came back my headset was stolen. HR said "thats what happens. Dont leave things at the office". They also dont have any office supplies for the employees.

A lot of complaints from new hires who were told they were hired for a certain position only to start and it was not the position at all.

Great that they dont micro manage but some management would be great.

If you are a well established professional do not waste your time.
I would recommend for beginners to insurance but the insurance industry is small and crawford has a bad reputation so beware.
Enjoyed working at C&C
Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 December 2017
Enjoyed the fast paced environment of Crawford & Company. Worked with many different professionals in an effort to bring the best services to our clients.
Pros
Fast paced independent environment
Cons
no room for advancement
Productive and Fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 November 2017
Management is great and my typical day at work is enjoyable. Workplace culture is welcoming and professional. I've gained a lot of knowledge within the customer service field by interacting with customers/clients over the phone and in person.
Good place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON31 August 2017
Good people, management is okay. Positive work environment. Not much room for lateral movement. Good hours,good benefits. Paid vacation and sick days are given. A bonus is given to some departments in March. Computer skills are necessarily. Use excel frequently
Pros
hours
Cons
lack of training
Good company
Property & Casualty Unit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2017
Good growth opportunities for a large company., Lots of resources and opportunities available. This employer is interested in technology and being on the leading edge of claims service.
Professional environment
Claims Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 June 2017
Not a large call center but high call volume at peak times.
Friendly work environment helped by a caring management team.
Training and great quality control will help you to succeed.
Worst Place I have Ever Worked at in my 10 years
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON16 May 2017
I was over worked, paid little, the management treated me horribly. There is no room for growth unless you suck up to managers. Horrible environment. The management have a dictatorship style. There is so much favouritism, racism and sexist views. If you are not the "chosen one" you will not be able to grow. I have never worked in a company with such a horrible atmosphere. Every one is over worked and there are no incentives.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, pay is low, favouritism, management is horrible
Can't request what you can't do yourself
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 April 2017
I experimented the worst period of my career working there.
Great politics about how the front line should be. Top ethical.
The management don't apply anything near ethical.
I witness good people being lay off with no raisons. VP Québec requesting the other adjusters to gather all negative things about the employee about to be lay off.
They debated many labor dispute and always cash out to avoid being exposed.
Thanks to this kind of site truth can talk.
You want to scrap a few years of career? Crawford Canada is the best place to be!
Pros
Cons
it is like working in a circus but with a suit.
Do not go to work for this company.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 February 2017
This company is horrible. If you go in for an interview, it will sound like an absolutely great place to work. Within a month of being here, you'll start to notice all the problems.

Very slow to provide any job development or advancement opportunities. They have an educational reimbursement program to aid in getting qualified to advance yourself in your career. However, the company is so cheap that managers won't approve of you using it because it will affect their quarterly or annual budgets.

Management itself is completely disorganized. They don't really do anything, yet step in from time to time to make sweeping changes to processes that are not problematic so they can make the appearance that they are doing something. My manager specifically only comes to work for 2 hours per day, states he needs to leave for client meetings and sales calls. In the 3 years he has been here, we have yet to sign new clients and have lost 3 clients. So not sure what meetings he is going to, but he's definitely not effective in his job.

Your salary will be stagnant for at least 3 years. Management will constantly dangle the carrot of a raise in front of you to get you to work harder, but will never follow through on actually providing a raise or even discussing it with you.

The only reason I would recommend working here is if you have a more successful spouse to rely on for income and just need this job for a little extra cash to contribute to the household, this place will do. You'll have no issue with literally just leaving this place at the end of the day.

Also,
  more... to give them credit, they do have a great benefits program.  less
Pros
Benefit program - that's about it.
Cons
There is nothing good to say about this company. The whole organization is one big con.
Amazing and supportive work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON27 February 2017
The insurance field is definitely not for everyone, however, I feel that in this environment it is definitely worth a try! There is no shortage of people willing to help out, and they have a really informative training program as well. They train people to keep them, and advancing in this company is extremely easy. In fact, one of the team leaders that I befriended and got to know had been with the company for only about 6 months before his promotion! I honestly can't think of anything negative considering the relaxed environment and plethora of pizza days when the call center gets busy. Very motivational.
Cons
Sitting at a computer all day could be seen as negative I guess?
This was a temporary position...
Adjuster Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS12 January 2017
This was a temporary position and I feel I wasn't employed long enough to give a proper review. It was a stressful environment and the resources to carry out my responsibilities were limited. The agents' workload was overly extensive and it was difficult to keep up with their needs and they were not readily available to review work with.
na
Auto PD Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2017
its good company to work there and gain experience and deal with customers

the co workers are amazing
management is good
Very busy work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB10 January 2017
Very poor Manager, rude, judgmental, belittling, adjusters are spoiled brats. Work your butt off just to be made to feel as though you don't matter. Had an emergency phone call and was yelled at for being on the phone for personal reasons. Truly the worst job I have ever had.
Pros
Administrator's are nice
Cons
Belittled and poor management
Good, professional company
Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 January 2017
Good place to learn. helpful staff, professional organization, lot of opportunities to learn but unfortunately open positions are not available due to hiring freeze.
good work experience
Claims Customer Service Rep -Royal Sun Alliance (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 January 2017
I enjoyed working with adjuster and learning all about adjusting. I found the client I was placed with was not as flexible as first promised. Was disappointed in the culture of the client placed with.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
No Control of your work schedule
Not how well you do, but who you know!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 November 2016
Your job security all depends on who you know. They underappreciate the employees. Long time loyal employees are made to feel disposable if they voice any unfairness. The former CEO showed more appreciation for employees. The present seems more concerned with proving himself at the expense of the employees happiness...puts money above anything else.
Cons
Nepotism
high volume expectations
Invoicing & Billing Compliance (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 November 2016
Having to respond to messages at all hours can be an issue, as no rotating schedule was available for call centre employees; employees from other departments had to pick up slack as well.
Nice place to work, but they screw you over.
CSR / Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON31 March 2016
Both my signifigant other and I have worked at crawford, I was a CSR - dispatch and my other half is a telephone adjuster. I got hired on, and had to take 2 weeks for training (i had to pay a babysitter due to my kids not being in school) Right when my training was over, my first day by myself there was absolutely nobody i could go to if there was a problem. I was told i'd be working 6 hours a night, when in reality id be there for maybe 1.5-3 hours..... 5 days later I was fired because I "made too many mistakes" nobody told me about these "mistakes" i was making or even told me how to correct them. My other half has been working there since his Co-Op they had him as a contract worker, a co-worker passed away and he took over her position (still contract, refused to make him a salary worker) He applied every time there was a opening salary position, but they kept turning him down. Now AVIVA has pulled out all their business at his office and they are laying everyone off. Now Both my SO and I are jobless and are scrambling to find new work so we dont end up on the streets. I am very disappointed in how they have treated him.
Pros
Second day of working i got free lunch.
Cons
training isnt as thorough as it should be.
A Foot In The Right Direction
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 February 2016
Pros
-Yearly bonuses
-Full-time hours
-Benefits package
-Provides CIP courses/reimbursement

Cons
-High volumes of work
-Many claims to deals with
-Not enough training provided
-Not enough team lead/management to ask questions to
-Always piling on extra work
-High turnover rate
-High stress levels
-Pay not adequate to amount of work
Pros
Wonderful co-workers and staff
Cons
Rotational shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crawford & Company. Our community is ready to answer.