Crawford & Company Employee Reviews

productive
Office cleaner (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC4 November 2018
always learning something new, every day is productive, a friendly environment, can get tough to keep up but its never entirely boring. the hours are perfect as well
Pros
long, paid lunch break
Cons
sitting all day
Excellent working environment
Bilingual Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 September 2018
I was treated with respect and dignity. I learned how to manage different types of insurances and how to help people when they have a tragedy, such as a car accident or a broken roof top in the middle of the winter. The work pace was very demanding, yet it is precisely that which I truly loved about this position.
Pros
Helping others
No management loyalty to loyal employees
CSR/workforce Management/Desk Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 July 2018
I was with Crawford nearly 4 years and bent over backwards to help them succeed anyway I could, even at the expense of my family (ran out mid Thanksgiving dinner to help with a CAT). Struggled to climb the ladder as hard as I could and barely got anywhere, regardless of my devotion to the success of the company.
Found out that although I had 3+ years with the company and 4 CIPs that new hires off the street with little to no insurance background were making substantially more money than me and voiced concerns to management who promptly found a reason to let me go.
It's okay to take the training and experience they offer to advance elsewhere, just don't devote yourself to them or their success, because you're just a number to them. Even heard upper management say once that she could "hire trained monkeys to fill CSR positions."
Pros
Lots of free food
Cons
Everything else
Learning opportunity
Independent Accident Benefits Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2018
my time with this company was a learning opportunity... i have nothing more to add. Why do i have to submit 150 characters minimum to exit from this page?
Okay place to work
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 June 2018
It was an okay place to work. Better qualified management positions. Less restrictions on employees and more independence. Needing to clock out when you used the washroom and clock back in. Everything is monitored
It was fine
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON3 June 2018
Management is disorganized, but it is a good job so long as you are at a lower level. There is room for growth but the wage bands are relatively low when compared to similar positions
An average place to work in
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 May 2018
It was a good experience to work here, considering it was my first job in Canada. Am currently studying (almost completed) and on my way to find a job in the field of my study.
Pros
Good timing
Cons
Nature of work
Down to earth Insurance Company
TECHNICAL ASSISTANT/RECEPTIONIST/ MAIL CLERK (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2018
Flexible working days, group skills.

Management was approachable and easy to speak with to resolve issues.

Fellow employees were more like family.
Pros
Hour lunches
overwhelming
EXPERT EN SINISTRE (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 February 2018
not enough employee for the workload, slow change, need something fresh in every step of the chain.
Waterloo office is terrible
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON14 February 2018
Worst company ive ever worked for. lack of professionalism made me leave right away.

No one at the waterloo office actually knows anything about insurance or anything for that matter.

I was told it doesnt matter how to calculate claim payment. After 3 months of working there none of the new hires had a desk yet. I was sick 1 day came back my headset was stolen. HR said "thats what happens. Dont leave things at the office". They also dont have any office supplies for the employees.

A lot of complaints from new hires who were told they were hired for a certain position only to start and it was not the position at all.

Great that they dont micro manage but some management would be great.

If you are a well established professional do not waste your time.
I would recommend for beginners to insurance but the insurance industry is small and crawford has a bad reputation so beware.
Enjoyed working at C&C
Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 December 2017
Enjoyed the fast paced environment of Crawford & Company. Worked with many different professionals in an effort to bring the best services to our clients.
Pros
Fast paced independent environment
Cons
no room for advancement
Productive and Fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 November 2017
Management is great and my typical day at work is enjoyable. Workplace culture is welcoming and professional. I've gained a lot of knowledge within the customer service field by interacting with customers/clients over the phone and in person.
Good place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON31 August 2017
Good people, management is okay. Positive work environment. Not much room for lateral movement. Good hours,good benefits. Paid vacation and sick days are given. A bonus is given to some departments in March. Computer skills are necessarily. Use excel frequently
Pros
hours
Cons
lack of training
Good company
Property & Casualty Unit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2017
Good growth opportunities for a large company., Lots of resources and opportunities available. This employer is interested in technology and being on the leading edge of claims service.
Professional environment
Claims Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 June 2017
Not a large call center but high call volume at peak times.
Friendly work environment helped by a caring management team.
Training and great quality control will help you to succeed.
Worst Place I have Ever Worked at in my 10 years
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON16 May 2017
I was over worked, paid little, the management treated me horribly. There is no room for growth unless you suck up to managers. Horrible environment. The management have a dictatorship style. There is so much favouritism, racism and sexist views. If you are not the "chosen one" you will not be able to grow. I have never worked in a company with such a horrible atmosphere. Every one is over worked and there are no incentives.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, pay is low, favouritism, management is horrible
Can't request what you can't do yourself
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 April 2017
I experimented the worst period of my career working there.
Great politics about how the front line should be. Top ethical.
The management don't apply anything near ethical.
I witness good people being lay off with no raisons. VP Québec requesting the other adjusters to gather all negative things about the employee about to be lay off.
They debated many labor dispute and always cash out to avoid being exposed.
Thanks to this kind of site truth can talk.
You want to scrap a few years of career? Crawford Canada is the best place to be!
Pros
Cons
it is like working in a circus but with a suit.
Do not go to work for this company.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 February 2017
This company is horrible. If you go in for an interview, it will sound like an absolutely great place to work. Within a month of being here, you'll start to notice all the problems.

Very slow to provide any job development or advancement opportunities. They have an educational reimbursement program to aid in getting qualified to advance yourself in your career. However, the company is so cheap that managers won't approve of you using it because it will affect their quarterly or annual budgets.

Management itself is completely disorganized. They don't really do anything, yet step in from time to time to make sweeping changes to processes that are not problematic so they can make the appearance that they are doing something. My manager specifically only comes to work for 2 hours per day, states he needs to leave for client meetings and sales calls. In the 3 years he has been here, we have yet to sign new clients and have lost 3 clients. So not sure what meetings he is going to, but he's definitely not effective in his job.

Your salary will be stagnant for at least 3 years. Management will constantly dangle the carrot of a raise in front of you to get you to work harder, but will never follow through on actually providing a raise or even discussing it with you.

The only reason I would recommend working here is if you have a more successful spouse to rely on for income and just need this job for a little extra cash to contribute to the household, this place will do. You'll have no issue with literally just leaving this place at the end of the day.

Also,
  more... to give them credit, they do have a great benefits program.  less
Pros
Benefit program - that's about it.
Cons
There is nothing good to say about this company. The whole organization is one big con.
Amazing and supportive work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON27 February 2017
The insurance field is definitely not for everyone, however, I feel that in this environment it is definitely worth a try! There is no shortage of people willing to help out, and they have a really informative training program as well. They train people to keep them, and advancing in this company is extremely easy. In fact, one of the team leaders that I befriended and got to know had been with the company for only about 6 months before his promotion! I honestly can't think of anything negative considering the relaxed environment and plethora of pizza days when the call center gets busy. Very motivational.
Cons
Sitting at a computer all day could be seen as negative I guess?
This was a temporary position...
Adjuster Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS12 January 2017
This was a temporary position and I feel I wasn't employed long enough to give a proper review. It was a stressful environment and the resources to carry out my responsibilities were limited. The agents' workload was overly extensive and it was difficult to keep up with their needs and they were not readily available to review work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crawford & Company. Our community is ready to answer.