Crate and Barrel

Crate and Barrel Employee Reviews

Canada59 reviews
This place is no longer the best place to work, things have to change, the high management of this store is very poor and without the proper skills To manage well,

Too many exellent employees quit for the same reasons and the company does nothing to make things change,

most of the time will treat you like you are ignorant,.every day you will be entitled to the same speech, which becomes very annoying

store management, they think they know everything more than the employees, control everything, even your mind or the way you thinking
Pros
staff are great and work hard
Cons
great company, management need a refresh quickly before too late
The management was horrible. No respect of their employees. The manager once even humiliated me in front of customers. She literally lacks compassion and is so rude and manages the whole shop with such a lack of common sense. If you want to be respected by your employees learn to respect them first.
Pros
No pros
A typical day at Crate&Barrel is productive and fun with coworkers, until it comes to its management team. Management team is the most horrific, they do not value their employees, there is numerous account of false story telling, they are always in their office having meetings, and do not contribute to the stores productivity, yet they are fast to be congratulated by regional managers for how good the store looks or the stores sale numbers, yet the staff is completely miserable. You are constantly, spoken by management in a condescending way, you may be subject to being bullyed if you are not among the favourites, and if you speak up for yourself if you do not like the way you are speaking to, they consider that as insubordination and that you spoke to them in a rude way. If you do not want to be mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted, do yourself a favour , do not work for them, as HR will not even help you if you file a complaint.So much great and hardworking people left, and this does not seem alarming, I am sure will not be much longer till more quit.

Also, you will be doing work task outside of your description, and will have to settle with the little pay they give you, and do not even attempt to ask for a salary increase, as it will probaly be less than 2% of your salary.

Perks, great staff team that really are their to support you when you are having a bad day. So much potential, for this work place.
Pros
great staff, great product, good working hours/flexible
Cons
working more than your paid, horrible management team
Wonderful environment to work in, it’s very family oriented and everyone is treated equal. The mangers ana workers are understanding and make it safe to work at all times.
Working at AMJ CAMPBELL-CRATE AND BARREL THAT IS LOCATED IN THE NE IN CALGARY I learned a lot from this company, they taught me how to do moving or commercial and industrial products and residential moving as weel in a safe and timely manner and how to correctly pack and move things safely with or without a partner without damaging the property
At first glance, organized and friendly.
Reality, I have never been manipulated, played, used and abused by my management click this badly in my life.

I will never enter the store or shop from C&B nor do I suggest anyone work there
Flexibility, hours are good no overnights, pay is ok, fun coworkers and management listens. Good job fir new comers overall. Beautiful place to work overall
Nice people, nice place to work. I did the replenishment or visual merchandising at the store. I learned organization skill and teamwork skill. Managers are all nice to work with.
C’est un environnement agréable. Tout est bien organisé quant à nos tâches.
Pros
Bel environnement
Cons
Longues heures debout
Busy during the holiday season, love the work spirit. Probably best managers I have come across. Team spirit is high and everyone helps each other no matter the seniority or work experience.
Pros
Growth Oppurtunity
Cons
Unpaid Mandatory Break
This was my first part-time job opportunity and I'm glad it was with Crate & Barrel. I learned a lot in terms of stocking product as well as shipping and handling working in the stock room. The work environment is great and everyone is super nice. Basically became my second family. Would definitely re-apply to work there again.
because costumers are always walking through the workplace is always busy, especially as a merchandising associate . Although the the work being done is the same, each shift brings something different.
The people that I work with are some of the best people that I have known all my life. I have made great friends and have had the chance to work around my school schedule. Some of the management was chosen without thorough review but other than that the store is run well. One major issue is the lack of availability of hours.
the manager is racist and the work environment is hectic. the emloyees are nice however and will probaly be the only reason why you work here. but other then that do not work here unless it holidays and you need quick cash
Management is not great they need to work more on it, they are sometimes low in staff or overload, but never the right amount. in general is OK to work there.
Pros
some co-workers and employee discount
Cons
wage
Great store to work on, high-end products and you get 30% discount as an employee. No benefits for part-time associates. Co-workers and managers are nice and care about employees.
I started at C&B almost a year ago and still have seen no form of training despite bringing it up multiple times.

both the store manager and back of house manager consistently display childish behaviors and levels of pettiness that are unbelievable. any form of respect you ask from management is met with passive-aggressive behavior like limited shifts or no shifts at all.

I have personally experienced this many times and nothing is ever done

despite being one of the top 5 stores in the company we are told that the store is not making money and hours get moved to staff who are favorited by managers.
Pros
good staff
Cons
everything else
its super chill working here, don't have to memorize much just how to look up items on the computer and be able to bring items to the floor. making sure every customer is being helped.
Not what I expected from a big company like this. Understaffed regularly...making it stressful for the few employees on the sales floor and back of house. Management is all over that place and expects staff to operate with minimal training/ assistance. With holds vacation/ back pay. Makes promises regarding wage and position which are not followed up on, when issues are addressed excuses are made.
Pros
Co- workers are friendly
Cons
No consistency with scheduled hours.
The work can be stressfully busy or extremely relaxed - some days are a mix of both. If you don't mind the business of working in a mall, you'll enjoy the downtime and connecting with your coworkers.
Thoroughly enjoyable place to work... culture is warm, knowledge is very useful and not too busy in terms of traffic. Able to grow, sell and grow enraged over the repetitive Christmas music!