CRAIGLEE NURSING HOME Employee Reviews

craiglee nursing home
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2019
--> you are responsible for one floor about 4 different residents. slow pace environment but is enjoyable if you're backed up by a good team. often short of staff so that means extra work for you :)
Pros
really good benifits
Cons
brutal hours but part time is available
Supportive and Encouraging
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2018
Another great place to volunteer. Listened and acted on my opinions, my suggestions and encouraged me to go forward. Craiglee Nursing Home is very family oriented. Much love and respect.
Pros
Nice people!!!
Enjoy working with seniors
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
I have a professional reputation for providing exceptional service and consistently receive positive feedback from clients, residents and their families about the quality of service I provide.
Pros
Working with Seniors
Cons
Can be heart breaking.
Home that provides quality care for the residents
Director of Care (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2016
In Charge with the Nursing Department to ensure that quality care is provided to the residents. Ensure that policies and procedures of the Ministry of Health and Extendicare are implemented. Oversees the hiring and continued employment of nursing staff and assists in the screening and selection of prospective residents applying to the home. Learned and developed more my management skills and working relationship with management team and other co workers.The hardest part of the job is the demand of responsibilities limited time and support. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the residents' needs being met and seeing them satisfied with the care provided in the home.
Pros
free ballpen, very good amount of supplies for the staff to use in giving care
Fun place to work
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  1st floor east17 August 2015
I love working at Craiglee and continue to work. Positive environment with compassionate staff which is critical in Health care. I learnt a lot and continue to learn more as I go. I had opportunities to interact with different backgrounds residents which was challenging and I enjoyed it since I have language skill. I can speak 5 languages which are English, Nepali, Urdu, Tibetan and Hindi.
Pros
Opportunities to expose one self to various culture
Cons
miss meals some times
Peaceful environment
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto , Ontario6 April 2014
I work at night and is a peaceful surrounding. During this time it is not stressful and my co-worker and I get on well. We work as a great team,
Pros
N/a
Cons
no premiums
Productive and fun environment.
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 November 2013
Begin with endorsement from the previous shift, follow up on any comcern from either nurses or residents.
Being nurse manager I have learned more about ministry guidelines, wound management and infection control. I also learned more about myself by being more patient, a team leader and as a mentor.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Inexperienced nurses
Busy challenging day but workwise rewarding with lot of learning opportunities.
Part Time/Full time R.P.N. (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2013
A typical day is busy and challenging but workwise rewarding in a Dementia Unit with 15 Blood sugar checks/ Insulin, 3/4 wound treatments/dressings, Doctor's orders', follow ups with Hospitals/ Clinics/Family with lots of learning opportunities.
Pros
learning opportunities
Cons
hectic shedule with no time for breaks.