Craftsman Collision

Craftsman Collision Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews
If you like Autobody
If you like auto body work, and seeing all different makes and models, this job will spark your interest. States a family feel for work. It definitely doesn't fell like that in Alberta.
A great boss who leads by example and is a actually a Saint
Long hours, 10 a day, easy. Pay isn't great. Terrible training program. Basically passive aggression in the form of all smiles which belittled me into learning, which was toxic and bad for my health. My boss and co-workers in the office were great, but that teacher was horrible. Not worth the high blood pressure it was giving me.
Hard to move forward, no growth, poor workplace
Very hard to move forward here. A lot of Nepotism happening, good and excellent workers either quit or are shunned off leaving managers relatives/favourites to fill the role. Very difficult to get a raise here as well, you’re kept where you make the most money for them. Working in this shop doesn’t feel like a team, it’s always management vs bodyman vs painters. Shop and Tool maintenance only happens when something breaks. screening.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Unfair wages, Unfair and Harsh management.
Management woes
This was a very slow paced work environment. Little to no customers. Management changes frequently and the management lacked managerial skills . Not a lot of productivity and new managers are not even familiar with jobs before they are left on their own to run the place.
poor management
regional manager cant be trusted or his side kick managers in kelowna backstab employees all the time . the worst management in the autobody industry Regional manager bought a 66 mustang and didnt khow it was chopped 3 cars made into 1 very little experience to the industry
Management is terrible and backstabbing people
Quit my other job to pursue this position to and the promised me job security and the ability to advance and further my education and they had all of these false promises and then they told me that they are laying me off (5 months in) and said come back in 6 months and then after I was told by another employee that they hired someone else. see what I mean, full of backstabbers
Good job, bankers hours. Great for a family minded person.
Lots of pressure, many different orders from management and floor manager, fast passed cost cutting urgency to accomplish loads.
Staff was very knowledgeable and pleasant to work with.
Horrible management with unprofessional staff
The staff were extremely unprofessional, mostly the accounts payable woman, atrocious work ethic and the manager will stab anyone in the back to get ahead. The manager does not have your back, it will come to you from other managers that this manager does not care about your well being and does not want you to grow within the company. The regional manager is all nice to your face but will not hesitate to get rid of you if you don't like the same things he does. They told me that they are essentially laying me off for 6 months because the business was slow (knowing that I was working 12 hour days monday to friday) and said come back to us in 6 months and we may hire you again. Would never work for them again.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Craftsman Collision?
No consistency
Way too much politics behind the scenes. A lot of people in the office love trashing their techs behind their backs; throwing them under the bus without taking responsibility for their own mistakes. They treat techs like slaves. One person can only handle so much work. They’d rather push out large numbers of cars in one day than produce quality work. There’s a reason why everyone is quitting this company. They make your life miserable; you bring home the stress of work.
Pros
Company events
Cons
Communication, ridiculous amount of pressure
Horrible experience
I was hired as a detailer, recieved nothing but positive feedback over my first 2 weeks of employment and on week 3 was treated like absolute garbage by my manager and terminated for no apparent reason via phone call. If you love a fast paced, underpaid chemical shower in a humid, non air conditioned wash bay and hate job security, this is the place for you!!
Pros
inspired me to find a better job
Cons
basically everything
Treats you like a machine, not a person.
Money is alright, busy shop since they spend massive amounts of money on marketing, but don’t expect to get raises though. There’s no moving up in the company.

Really poor work/life balance. They expect you to work like a machine, not a human-being. You can only make a living wage if you can bust out 300+ hours a month.

Management is not great. Like literally, garbage people. Most techs are great! But management is oppressing and you can tell the tech’s morale is low.
Pros
Social events, msp & medical
Cons
Poor work/life balance, terrible favouring, unfair
High pressure with zero support from management
No support from management who are not trained to be in a body shop environment. Promises of job security and flat rate hours but jobs are given out based on popularity and not equality.
Pros
Clean facility
Cons
need to reduce pressure on techs
decent company. they mainly cater to the bodymen, not the painters. head office seems to have their own agenda, always transferring people around without notice, always making empty promises.
Pros
company events
Cons
corrupt head office
This is a great company to work for. They honor career development and training as well as employee work-life balance.
I am constantly learning within my position and am challenged daily with new tasks. The company is large but feels close knit. Excellent group of mentors and wonderful staff to work with. Days can be stressful but often go by quick. The human resource department has done a great job ensuring great benefits and work-life balance.
Pros
Career development and training
Cons
Occasionally poor communication between staff and management
Productive fast paced work enviroment
Its a great place to work. The staff is amazing. It feels as if we are a big family.
Time goes by very quick each day as I am always doing something and multi tasking.
Pros
staff, benefits, great company to work for.
poor
great work environment now that it is under new management good hours
Pros
great hours