Craft Beer Market Employee Reviews

Fast paced kitchen work
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC19 January 2020
Working at Craft Beer Market was a fun experience, the chefs are knowledgeable and considerate and the team that you work with is excellent. During summer time the work can be very demanding and fast paced due to the volume of business during that season.
Fast Paced, Stressful, Extremely time consuming
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 January 2020
Craft Beer Market was a very stressful experience. As my employment had happened there in the first few weeks of it opening, there was often little time to get things done in time, busy kitchen with a great amount of staff, and stressful employee relations. Although the salary was good there was almost no time to do work as well as school and as a result I had to quit.
productive and fun high energy
Dan Sinnot night sous chef (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 January 2020
fast pasted, high energy, fun when its slow because of the laughter. open communication with all staff members and managers.
learning new operating systems.
momma said...
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC5 December 2019
"if you aint got nothing nice to say, say nothing at all." i worked like a dog, without so much as a thank you from many people. I really appreciated a select few there, and still do!
Good for growth
Junior Night Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 December 2019
learned many new things in life as well as my job, was promoted within a year to a salaried manager, and have grown as a person. On to bigger and better things!
Worth it!
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 November 2019
Working at CRAFT is an amazing opportunity for anyone new in the industry as well as the seasoned vets. The atmosphere is awesome and the managers and other team members all really care about everyone’s success.
happy employees and an overall fun place
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC7 November 2019
great place for any occasion. all staff are super friendly and always smiling. no need to go anywhere else as they accommodate everyone and everything.

best spot in the summer with an amazing patio. they are even family friendly with a kids menu!
Great place for job opportunities and fun
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 November 2019
Craft is a great place to meet tons of people, learn a lot about beer and great food. Working there was fast paced with high expectations from management, but I suppose that is why they are growing at such a fast rate. Really liked that they care for you as a person as well as an employee.
Great Company Culture/Opportunity for growth
Executive chef (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 November 2019
Great copany to work for. Started out in a JR Management role, and have grown to a Sr Manager Position in a reasonable amount of time. Competitive pay, great benefits, and perks. Also a great place for people who have little experience to grow their knowledge, with their second to none training program.
Great concept, constantly challenging, always opportunities.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2019
Overall a great experience. The diversity of the beers, the food program and most importantly the people. There is always room to grow and contribute to the development of the concept.
Positive work environment
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 November 2019
Hard work but really rewarding. Lots of opportunities to learn, grow and help build the business. Bit of a longer work week (hours wise), but makes up by having lots of vacation time and investment in your future.
Great experience
General manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 November 2019
Saw the add in Kelowna for a position in Ottawa and couldn’t be happier with the experience through the hiring process. Everyone was very professional and accurate in the job description.
Amazing Culture & Team Development
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 November 2019
The ownership team truly cares about us as people- empathetic and culture and energy drivers. Craft believes in people development, amazing food quality, team building activities, charitable initiatives and we learn so much about beer!!
Okay
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2019
I started before the restaurant was built so I feel part of the company, at the beginning was so nice but then you saw the lack of experience of management. They only rewarded whoever sat with them at the bar so it seemed like a popularity contest. Easy money as a hostess and discounts on meal but other than that, not so great.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
No ending time
Amazing FOH team. Strict and corporate culture
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2019
Amazing place to work. The FOH people are amazing and immediately become your friends. Fun place to work. High tip out and lackluster tips on the bar.
Pros
Lots of laughs
Cons
Lots of micromanaging
Great and fun place to work
Server & Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 September 2019
Loved working with everyone, met friends for life. Had to deal with some slight micro managing during a certain point of my time at Craft but overall was a great place to work!
not very fun
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 September 2019
the food is absolutely top notch
the crew was fun and there for you if needed
but the issues the managers put us through was a bit extreme
and the closes were excessively long
Stressful and non-supportive
NIGHT SOUS CHEF (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC26 August 2019
The higher management doesnt care about the well being of lower management and only cares about the business. Understaffed frequently because of lack of caring from management. Management team doesnt support themselves and only cares about the individual and not the team.
fun workplace and great people
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 July 2019
It's great place to work, I enjoy fast paced environments and meeting new people. People come to Craft from all over Canada. The staff is very friendly and great team support.
Busy and growing company with lots of growth opportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2019
I had the opportunity of working from the ranks of a server to a Manager with the original CRAFT location in downtown Calgary. It was a busy location with lots of opportunity to grow within the company. Culture was in a shift and there were a lot of changes going on throughout the company. I learned a lot about myself and what I need to be a successful manager and I had a lot of routine and stability in my day to day job. A lot of hours and work goes into running that place successfully with not as much recognition as one would hope. It was where I started my restaurant management career and I am thankful for that.
Pros
Free lunches, benefits, and lots of perks outside of the restaurant.
Cons
Long hours and not much recognition