Crabby Joes Employee Reviews

great
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Angus, ON7 March 2019
was a nice little restaurant in a small town and glad I had the chance to work there and meet new people. I moved out west that's why I left and I still love that place
Kinda sucked tbh
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON2 March 2019
The Crabby Joe's I worked at had a lot of issues and I ended up working, like, 3 shifts over the course of 2 months before I got laid off because the manager hired too many people.
Crabby Joes is okay.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON23 February 2019
an awesome opportunity and work environment, minus the fact that they FIRE all staff before the 3 month probation period is over. i was fires on christmas eve!! the reason they gave was "we no longer require hostess and table bussers" this was said to all hostess in a group chat.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
fire all staff before probation period ends
Productive and fun workplace
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON4 January 2019
Easy going, laid back environment. The staff makes this particular location a pleasure to work at. Standard restaurant functions, open, cook, serve and close.
It was okay
BARTENDER/MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON4 December 2018
The management was poor but overall it was usually an okay place to work at. The owner and long time manager were both nice people overall but not the best at their jobs.
Same as any chain restaurant
Front of House Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 November 2018
Same as any chain restaurant, lots of rules and strict guidelines on how people should be doing their jobs with lower quality food and normally poor management or overly involved family owners
management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Essex, ON4 November 2018
the job its self wasn't bad, it was the people i worked with. we didn't have a set manager so when whenever we got a new one employees thought that they can still do whatever they wanted and not listen to the new manager. there was many issues regarding cooks and servers not doing their jobs properly. as a hostess i would get sent home within an hour being there because it "wasn't busy enough". how am i supposed to make a living and pay my bills with very limited hours.
Typical day at Crabby Joe's
Hostess - Waitress - Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON21 October 2018
A typical day at work would be going in to a bunch of friendly, welcoming faces. I would serve the customers, make drinks, bring the food, and make sure everyone wad having a wonderful time .
Disorganized and unkempt work enviroment
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON18 July 2018
A typical dreary bar attempting to be a family restaurant during daytime hours, with limited success. Management was bare minimum at best often misplacing responsibility's. fellow co-workers were very agreeable and friendly sharing responsibilities, although sometime to the detriment of others.
Pros
no sheduled brakes
Cons
no sheduled brakes
Terribly Run
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ON3 July 2018
This was a terrible first job because management was never there to guide me or give instruction. The employees were left to do whatever they wanted on a regular basis.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
really short shifts
Mean managment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 June 2018
I understand it depends on the location on how your management is, but where I worked it was horrible. The management was very mean and would very obviously pick on staff. There are no breaks and you may work a 12 hour day. Discount is not great- 50% on full price items under $10, or $10 off any full price item higher than that. The atmosphere is okay.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Managment and hours
Excellent management team, one of the best I have worked with
ASSISTANT KITCHEN MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 May 2018
Crabby's was one the best management teams i have worked with in my ten years in management. Well structured. Typical work day for me was ordering, inventory, scheduling, Leading teams under pressure. Getting into the trenches. Work books, purchase reports and summaries. I enjoyed working at this location
Pros
Well educated management team. Strong hard working staff
Cons
Salary
very up beat place to work
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  huntsville23 May 2018
crabby joes was a great place to work, the only issue was lack of communication when it came to scheduling shifts, which then became a huge problem in the long run
Environment
Ontario- Server (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON3 May 2018
Okay place to work at if you're looking for quick money and hours. I like this job because I knew the individuals who worked there so it was a fun environment to be around. Would recommend this job to young individuals who are looking for something part-time with an okay pay on the side.
Pros
tips
Cons
management
Fun place to work
Hostess/Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ON25 April 2018
Typical work day consisted of creating guests, seating them cleaning tables. On other days I would expedite food to guests and wait tables. I learned to have a great sense of time management and how to communicate with others.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Never knew when Id finish
hard and none flexible
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Hanover, ON12 April 2018
I was put on for " wing night" on the deep fryer by myself with out any training, gave me a lot of stress and anxiety leading to near panic attacks. very bad experience.
Great Experience
Line Cook, Opener, and Closer (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 April 2018
Worked in the kitchen, the layout and the menu are placed in order for the kitchen to run like a well oiled machine. You feel like you can make a difference.
Very unorganized company
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Napanee, ON2 April 2018
Many staff members were going long periods of time without any pay. Last minute schedules or schedule changes. Unclear hours. Went out of business due improper and unorganized management.
Pros
Friendly staff and good food
Cons
Unorganized
Great environment to make friends and meet new people
Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON15 February 2018
Is a great and fun place to work the staff is great along with all of the management. The client tell varies in age and all of the people i met were wonderful.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
slow at times
Not so great
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON12 February 2018
Boring job with not a whole lot of responsibilities or things to do. The job is to greet customers and seat them at a table. I learned how to be more friendly and approachable. The management was really kind and funny but planned poorly. The environment was hard to acclimate to as their was low lights and loud music. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
extremely irregular hours