Cox Media Group Employee Reviews

Great Company but the entire industry was "maimed" by the recssion
Account Executive/Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FL18 April 2018
People have stated that the whole industry was "maimed" by the recession. Very sad but true. A co-worker told me that I "made the job look so easy."

it was challenging of course but with the proper mind set it could indeed become "easy."
Pros
Great personal interaction and cooperation
Cons
Entire industry was "maimed" by the recession and bowing to a "com-pU-tah."
Great place to work but you must hustle
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FL16 April 2018
CMG is a fantastic place to work. Managers truly care and help you. They offer a ton of training and really have the best options for the field. You work hard and it pays off.
Pros
Hours and freedom.
Cons
Will not take ceratin clients
Great Place to work if you want to work around great people
Remote Broadcast Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA10 April 2018
CMG is a great place to work for. CMG is one of those places where, it is what you make it. The peer to peer support is one of the best I've experienced in a work place. Mangers are fair and transparent for the most part and benefit's are GREAT!!! Work life balance is pretty even too.
Pros
Great workplace culture, benefits, and the tools to do your job effectively.
Cons
Raises sometime takes awaile to get
Cox Media Group
Senior Content Editor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA29 March 2018
Cox Media Group had great compensation and health benefits as well as a great 401K plan. However, management was not always supportive of our efforts within the division.
Disorganized owners
Office Managet (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN28 March 2018
When Cox took over other companies, they knew nothing about the auto industry. Nothing. Wasted conference calls, webinars that did nothing but take up valuable time.
A Solid Place To Work
Senior Android Developer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA28 March 2018
The business in general is going through a lot of changes and as a result is shrinking, but they still have a great culture. They were great with flex time and allowed me to do my job.
Productive and fun place to work
Credit and Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX21 March 2018
My daily work day consist of aggressive collections. Work closely with advertising agencies to collect past due balances for major clientele.
Our days were busy, however, management team always found a way to make it fun and found ways to release some stress.
A company very much oriented towards younger employees
National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York State17 March 2018
No sense of appreciation for more experienced employees. Also a sense of sexism in regards to more experienced female employees. Many of the old school sales managers are more interested in maintaining their youth by way of impressing younger employees with happy hours and after hour events. A very cliquish environment built on nepotism and who’s popular.
Lots of hard work and and experiences can vary greatly depending on your “team”. Culture varies greatly from the HQ.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Environment inconsistent in local office differs from corporate office
Great structure and work environment for sales
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GA11 March 2018
I highly enjoyed my times working at Cox Media Group. As a team, we often displayed creativity and original thinking beyond the expectations of our competitors. When faced with unexpected challenges, management was very resourceful. I was known to generates many usable and ingenious suggestions for improving work. Kudzu.com can develop innovative approaches and ideas for a new business.
Wanted to Strive / Lend my Talents as a Career
Data Analyst / Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX2 March 2018
Never really got a sense of belonging; felt like a work-horse with no consideration given to the time/hours I spend developing the department that I worked in. I was looked over for positions applied for that I was well qualified to enhance because of the cliquish atmosphere there.

Credit/awards for my ideas in mass meetings was overlooked, but later the opportunities were given to others. Projects that I orchestrated were arranged to credit upper management.

I am all for improving processes and departmental goal achievement at my cost, however, my time and efforts are not worth-less than.
Cons
If you weren't accepted socially, you were outcast professionally
fun and productive workplace
Remote Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA1 March 2018
great opportunity i love this job. teaches one about team work, character building, multi-tasking, how to execute promotional events, work with diverse people of all backgrounds and walks of life.
A Changed Company
Content Creator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH1 March 2018
As with many businesses, the creative culture erodes as efforts to increase profits accelerate. And with the ever-changing landscape of media - this erosion occurs in an already uncertain environment. Once a family-type company, loyalty and ethics have been sacrificed for profit.
Great company, poor management
TIER II RESOLUTION SPECIALIST/ QUALITY ANALYSIS (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX1 March 2018
Company is a great place work, if you find the right department that will allow you to further your career. Do not get sick for long periods of time because it would require you contacting them every day. If not you will be terminated for No Call/ No Show. Depending on management they will set aside your requests to move to other departments within the Cox Media Umbrella. A majority of employees have left for other companies.
Senior Coordinator, Ad Sales (Current Employee) –  Georgia25 February 2018
Company has a strong presence in this market. Opportunity to move around should be fairly easy when other positions become available. They have several business unit options in this state.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Not that bad
Promotions Assistant & Board Operator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL24 February 2018
No advancement. However, very laid back and was great for an entry level opportunity in media. They also hire from within, once you leave it is hard to return.
Pros
Laid back, fun job, flexible
Cons
No benefits, no advancement
Great Culture
SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA21 February 2018
Good place to cut your teeth when you first break into the industry. The compensation was fair and you learn a lot. I would recommend this organization to any professional, new or veteran.
Fast-paced, deadline driven, operate more with less.
Videographer (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OH6 February 2018
Great place to get a foot in the door, take the free advice and experience and look to advance your skills.

Nice to be if you are already established but as a young worker be ready to work long tireless days.
Benefits
Cons
Constant needs, requests, unorganized directions, and constantly short staff.
A stable, established media sales giant
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NY4 February 2018
Lively sales environment, great benefits, supportive understanding management. Great opportunities for growth and gaining experience. Making strides towards finding a better work-life balance, but still a bit lagging in that department. Given all the tools to succeed including extensive training programs and lunch & learn seminars. The stress level of the work varies from day to day as circumstances are always changing. Work-place culture is buttoned-up in some respects, yet casual in others. The high-volume of work can be challenging. The most enjoyable aspect is effectively selling and receiving the benefits of success that come with it..
Pros
Quality training, great benefits, stable company, opportunity for growth, clear expectations
Cons
Salary, work-life balance, tedious
Not very good management
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX30 January 2018
Management is not good. The working system is not in good flow. People don't get training well. Manger did not do what they say. No trust on manger team.
Pros
flex schedule
Cons
SOP not in good flow
Good social and busy work
Certified forklift operator / packaging associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, ohio20 January 2018
Good team. An interesting position with a growing company as s forklift operater or an assembley. Im activing and fast work. Learns quickly.
Feeding of preprinted materials & newspaper section2 into the insert machines
Stacking of bundled newspapers from press delivery systems & transportion to appropriate areas.
Removal of newspaper sections &/or reprinted materials from created packages.
Opetation of powered strapping equipment.
Cleaning of work area as needed.
Certified forklift operater.
Set in computer and keys lock or open for machines.
Pros
I bring my own lunch. They have machines pops foods snacks
Cons
15 mins and one hr lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cox Media Group. Our community is ready to answer.