Cox Automotive Canada

Cox Automotive Canada Employee Reviews

Canada19 reviews
I don't feel confortable reviewing my current employer on the public website as I'm looking for a new job opportunity and not reviewing my current one.
This was a heinous and toxic environment with leadership team members whispering in the corners about other individuals in the room. The President has very little self control and will rip up things she does not like - right in front of the team. She is abusive and berates the staff; her overall abuse of power is shameful and does little to help her garner respect.
Cons
The President and leadership team
leadership team is lost and does not truly care about employees happiness.
very limited career growth opportunities if you're not in the inner circle.
Pros
salary, vacation policies and employee benefits
Cons
bad management, limited career advancements, poor job security
Breathing in cigarette smoke and car/truck fumes, with stand all temps hot and freezing cold and hail/downpours, narcissist trainer/boss, using dirty portable washroom, woman management team then you will love it here.
Micro management runs this company from the highest levels. Corporate managers are hypocrites with messages to staff and actual practice of running business. Harassment issues are often overlooked and not properly addressed from customers and staff. Promotions and hiring are based on an agenda and not actual skill levels which puts incompetent people into supervisor and management roles.
In a fast pace Agile working style.
A day start from stand up meeting to summarize what the team did yesterday, and what is planned for today, if there's any impediments.
Super nice working at Cox 100%, they have a great environment, and an awesome team to work with, I highly recommend anyone to work for Cox. thank you.
The day can vary depending on the volume of work. Communication is lacking between departments and information does not always circulate to the correct people in a timely manner. Many cases occur where some employees disregard extra work or helping solve problems because it is not theirs. The corporate culture is on the rise but as a location itself the business is suffering from a lack of attention in certain areas of business.
Absolutely no job security from upper management to temps. You will get fired, on the spot due to “restructuring”. You are no one to the company. Absolutely baffling how they choose who to axe. They’ve been “restructuring” for years and still keep hiring and firing?!?!?
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cox Automotive Canada?
Hi..I.m working there since last year..it,s perfect place for a professionales ..I enjoy to be there with every good team ,so about management they are the best team I ever work..my skills its10+++.
Has been a great place to work with a great crew where everyone feels like family> unfortunately this job temporary and no advancement
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
remporary
this place had great incentives to work there like PTO and benefits however the pay isnt good and the management staff seems to get to personally involved with your personal life and is quick to judge people
Good place to work and move up the coporate ladder. Would recommend people looking at this company for lots of opportunity in many fields from IT to mechanical to supervisor to leadership roles
Pros
PTO days
relaxed environment working with some positive people, get to drive
some really amazing cars, and are. exposed to different type of

vendors. not fun working in the winter outside,
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay
I worked at the Edmonton location for about a year. Was always treated with respect, management tried their hardest to accommodate to my needs as an employee as well as on a personal level if needed. The pay was fair but the benefits are outstanding!
Please, do your best not to work here. The pay is substandard, for the amount of stress involved in working for such a poorly run company.
The turnover in every position is very high and thus the majority of the grunt work is performed by a biased, judgmental clique of millennials, who are also room mates.

I’m embarrassed to have worked for this company.
Worst place I have ever worked
Too many chiefs not enough Indians

Lack of direction from corporate makes this place a huge mess

No clear goals or objectives

If you do get hired be expected to get laid off in 6 months
Pros
Free lunches which has now been gone
Cons
You are just a number and can be replaced
Was ok management at one time ,then hired new ones who knew nothing about the business ,then it all went down hill!! Working in all weather. I learned all aspects of the business by myself. Got fired after having 2 months off after falling on ice in parking lot. This was my thanks for nearly 20 years service. I have had to have back surgery since my fall. I wouldn't recommend this company for a job.
Pros
Day job
Cons
No future.
Productive and friendly workplace. The office is very efficient and is conducive to getting work done without feeling "cold" or too mechanical. Everyone always works as a team to complete projects.