Cowichan Tribes Employee Reviews

Very learningful to work here as a new emplyee
Youth Intern Worker (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC4 June 2018
I want a job permanently within cowichan tribes
I cant wait to apply when i can again and hopefully in another departmment
very respectful place
hopefully they got lateral violence under control again
Pros
would work here again
Cons
shprtage of work hours
furthered my skills and abilities
Receptionist/Filing clerk (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC20 November 2017
great place to work at and have many years of experience and always will to learn new things in different sections of this company was referred to this company by a family member and have worked on and off since 2002
Pros
close to town
Cons
no over time
very comfortable environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC9 June 2017
i enjoy working at Cowichan Tribes... it started my career and i am still working on call time to time...
although enjoy working for this company i would like to share my experiences as a customer service representative ...

i have 10+ years as a administrative assistant .... i also have 9 years of experience as a cashier .... i use to work for cowichan tribes from 830-430 and then work at Payless from 5-11 weekly so i am very passionate of both office work as well as fast paced environment as a cashier .
heavy lifting
Kitchen helper (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC27 March 2017
was a long day lots of lifting and sweating. I learned that not all jobs are easy. I worked hard everyday. and got it all done as fast as I could. I enjoyed the elders we served. I think the hardest part was lifting heavy things on my own.
Pros
elders
Cons
not to sure. it was a very good job.
Youth work
First Nations Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC15 July 2014
I was one of those people who would think, "why doesn't anybody do something about this?" Working with youth was at times challenging, confusing but very rewarding. We can learn about social problems and behaviour issues. Textbooks provide good information of concepts, definitions and terms but the hardest part was communicating because this involves a trust "thing" and it seems for anybody getting into a state of trust is difficult but can be valuable. Some youth it seems you have to slow way down to their current level while some other youth seem to need to go a million miles an hour with their hair on fire, so at times it seems hard to adjust levels to make contact. I hope the activities and projects I participated with the youth made a difference.
Pros
program accessibility
Cons
program money or budget limits
fun busy
Social Development (Former Employee) –  Cowichan tribes15 October 2013
in social development at cowichan tribes was slow paced at first i did filing seemed ok at first but so much paper work to file & did get tiring but i learned different things each day of working in an office that led to receptionist it was great the difficult part was dealing with new applicants applying for social assistance but handled well co-workers were friendly & helpful
fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Duncan BC18 April 2012
I enjoyed doing all the office duties and helping clients.
I found it very comfortable working here i had no trouble keeping up with expectations.