Covidien Employee Review

Low paying and you have to 'encourage' (I call it babysitting) your co-workers!
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Gananoque, ON24 June 2013
During my time at covidien I spent most of my work days trying to convince my co-workers to actually work. When I brought it to my lead hands attention that I was constantly trying to get people back to work, she told me to 'deal with it'. I told her I was getting paid to do my job, not to babysit grown people who are supposed to be there to do the same thing. Which resulted in ME getting wrote up (the people who were not doing their jobs never even got talked too). Also, while working there my co-worker (who worked without having to be told to do so) was 'let go' because he 'missed too many days' yet I had missed 6 days more then him. Management sucks, at least it does at the Gananoque facility. I would not recommend Covidien jobs to anyone unless it was an in between job until they can find something else.. Absolutely horrible place to work!
Pros
Pretty much guaranteed to get a job because they cant keep people from quitting!
Cons
Minimum wage, mandatory overtime (50-60hr work weeks)

Other Covidien Employee Reviews

Exciting experiance
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 April 2018
it was an exciting and pleasant experience. during previous management continues improvement culture brought uplifting moral and advancement hope among staff.
le respect
Aide opératrice pharmaceutique (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC16 June 2017
la journée typique, est la journée qui passe sans problème
J'ai appris bcp de choses
Pros
Esprit d'équipe
Cons
la distante

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covidien. Our community is ready to answer.