Covered Bridge Potato Chips

Covered Bridge Potato Chips Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace, just like extended family

From the start to finish of my day I am helping our customers, co-workers with any issues that may arise. If you work with people they generally respond better to the issue at hand. Management is very helpful and willing to jump in whenever needed. Love my work family. Not often but on occasion I deal with nasty customers. It give me great pleasure to help people.

I was sad to leave

I worked maintenance. They have a good crew of good guys and the manager was easy going, good to get along with and helpful. They were willing to order parts, work with me and take my suggestions. I enjoyed my time here, working as an electrician. They’re growing pretty fast and there’s opportunity to grow with the company as well.My stint was only a few months as I got offered an opportunity closer to home but I enjoyed my time working here and would recommend it. It’s an easy going environment with some good people.

Pros

Good atmosphere, good crew

Cons

Straight time pay for overtime

busy fun workplace

I started from the bottom and worked my way up to the machine operator position, while raising two kids as a single mom. They are flexible and caring management to work for. I loved that job and working there.

Alright sales job

It'is just an okay job. Management is not supportive and the main office is difficult to work with. Management and office compete with one another, very little direction. Your sales route is to large to service all your customers. You have about 15 plus stores to do daily plus the office wants you to seek out new customers and it becomes impossible do to your large sales area and your daily route list. Covered Bridge also sales Mrs. Freshly's pastrys and Popshoppe beverages. You have to sell chips, pop and pastrys and some customers just take chips and others pastrys or popshoppe. When you do your orders and your order arrives you are always shorted but the office stills wants you to seek out new customers when you always get shorted product. The pay is very little. Your get paid a base rate of 80$ plus 9% commission. And you really only make money at Sobeys store when they are on sale.

Pros

Free chips

Cons

Long hours, base rate of 80$ a day is way to low, Management, Weekly paperwork, No job security, 9% commission, Loading your own truck own your time and don't get paid while working

It is an okay job to work at. You will constantly acquire new skills.

A typical day would consist of prepping the plant for operations. This would include receiving potatoes. heating the fryers. conducting a plant sanitation pre-op inspection and test for potential bacterial issues. next would be starting equipment and equipment set up. The crew would get their assignments and workstations ready. Goals and products would be set as well as all production documents. labeling would be printed and verified. Product would be produced with quality checks completed and verified throughout the shift. Paperwork would be closed and turn over to next team for continuous production needs.

Company needs new Management

Working for Covered Bridge Potato Chips was a difficult tasks for many DSD's. The company was always out of stock of some product and never knew the exact dates when it would be shipped to your destination to sell and distribute. There would always be a problem with the payroll system and would have to wait 2 weeks to get proper pay owed.

Very busy

Very busy and fast paced... need to make decisions quickly and efficiently. Showing up on time and not calling in sick a lot are ways to keep a job there.

Fun places for work, have a gym in building

Productive, fun places for work, with a lot of helpful people, co-worker and managers is very friendly with employee. On site has nice brake room, nice offices for work and has a gym.

Pros

Free lunces

productive workplace with friendly co workers.

a typical day of work I stacked orders of chips on a pallet wrapped it then put it on back of a transport to be shipped off. I learned time management and patience. it was a great environment to work in.

Pros

free chips

Cons

long drive from house.

not what i expected

as i have worked in other production environments i thought i knew what i was getting into, but i thought wrong. some people may enjoy working here, but i am not one of them.

Jobs at Covered Bridge Potato Chips

See more jobs

Horrible place

It was one of the worst jobs I have ever work. Long hours few breaks. Supervisors are lazy and like to cause drama. No organization at all. Safety doesn't exist there. If your looking for a job that terrifies you covered bridge is the place. Should be shut down permanently

Cons

great product lineup but disorganised management

dealing with customers was great and most seemed to be pleased with product and pricing large territory which involved a lot of driving and since this was mostly a commission job it was hard to find time to grow business management was hard to reach and problems went unsolved for too long a period

Most ridiculous place I habe ever worked at

This is a terrible company to work for. The work is unsafe and the management is horrible. You have supervisors who do nothing but play on their phones and cause drama out of enjoyment. The pay is horrible and every night is a guessing game as to what time youre going to start work. Oh ya did i mention that in the winter its a toss up wether or not theres going to be propane for heat? Funny thing is they fill the propane on sight.

Pros

Its a job

Cons

Unsafe, unsteady hours, poor management, terrible pay

Bad place, please close it down.

Working here was a terrible experience. There were days when the staff worked 15 hour shifts without any breaks. The work environment was at least 40 degrees at all times, with no cooling. The work areas were dirty and unsafe, with many injuries over the 2 months I was there.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Long hours with no overtime, breaks, or reasonable conditions.

My day at work at Covered Bridge Potato Chip Company

A typical day of work at covered bridge sometimes involved long hours to get orders out. I learned to work well as a team is easier to get work done then going against each other. The hardest part of the job was long hours and sometimes not organized very well. They had incentive program for attendance everyone that did not miss any time for the month names went in a draw for $50 gift card. The most enjoyable part of the job was the tours,seeing all the different cultures of people. It is a good place to work with supportive management.

AWESOME co-workers and managers with great sense of humour

In the mornings everyone said "good-morning" to each-other or shared a smile and we would carry on to our designated work stations. In the short amount of time I was there, I learned the in's and outs of their accounting software and even achieved a first-name basis with some of their customers. Management was very understanding and helpful and did not just lock themselves in their office, they were very involved with the rest of the staff. My co-workers were always friendly and loved to share a good laugh, which helped the day and work go by quicker. I actually enjoyed going to work! I left my position to seek a new adventure on the other side of the country. I would recommend working at Covered Bridge Potato Chip Company to anyone!

Pros

FREE chips

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covered Bridge Potato Chips. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement