Covenant House Toronto Employee Reviews

Ever changing enviornment.
Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2018
A typical day at work included engaging with youth and problem solving with coworkers to best support clients. I learned how to manage case loads and collaborate with multiple social services to provide support for the clientele that access our services. Hardest part of the job would be not having the ability to follow up with clients after our care. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the different personalities that you can work alongside and work with.
Not really a good place to work
Donor specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2018
Working in donor services department is somewhat frustrating. Not highly recommended! The manager who doesn’t even look at you or greet you. Very rude supervisor, one coworker who confuses everyone and always misunderstood what’s your saying. The worst place ever. The work itself is easy, however they don’t train and treat people well.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Hours is okay
Friendly environment, good place to work
Volunteer Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
I volunteered here for a few months and it was easy to get along with everyone. People are nice and easy going. The work was interesting and the environment was productive.
Pros
Many
Placement at Covenant House
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2012
It was a great experience working at Covenant House ,working with with unjudgemental,loving and cooperative team. My morning work was to receive mail (donations which was cash and cheques), opened it and sorted it to different campaigns.I caltulated it and entered it in the computer.
I learned how to use Raiser Edge Software which was a good experince not too much different from Accpac.My cooworkers was always willing to help and they were unjudgemental.There was nothing hard.The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was using caltulator to add what we received in a day and seeing how fast i was when caltulating .
Pros
i was buying my own lunch
Cons
i wait untill i finish my work