Covenant Health Canada Employee Review

View all Covenant Health Canada reviews

Much room for improvement
Community Peace Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 April 2019
Working in a hospital environment can be dark in itself but while I was there was social atmosphere was toxic.
Mandatory overtime, short staffed all the time and a fear culture pressured new casual employees into taking bad shifts for a hope at getting fulltime. As far as Peace Officer positions go its one of the lowest paying in the province.
Some of the Officers were great people, who loyally dedicated themselves to an organisation that didn't seem to appreciate it.
When I asked for new uniforms, I was given shirts with rips in them and old pants. Most of the equipment on the duty belts are self bought as supplies for new officers were limited. Office furniture was held together with ductape.

Stat pay was alright and there was flexibility to take breaks and snack when you were able. Its also a great opportunity for young people looking to enter the industry to gain your status. There are not many training opportunities, but you'll get the hands on work experience that will lead you to other future opportunities. Its also a great place for casual part time work. If your an experienced officer/sheriff looking to pick up some hours throughout the month to fund a vacation or pay bills its great and generally low commitment.

Again, considering it is a hospital, if blood, urine or death makes you queezy you probably should consider another organisation.
Pros
good stepping stone, good for part time/ casual work, lots of downtime
Cons
cold management, no training or advancement, bad equipment, high risk, low pay

Other Covenant Health Canada Employee Reviews

Politics at play
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alberta29 August 2019
Overall a difficult place to work at. Departments operate as independent silo's and the inter department communication is poor. Command and control is the dominant management style. HR covers up when needed. The people who work in the facilities do provide decent patient care; but as an employer, you are a line item on an expense report.
Great company to work for
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Home Based18 August 2019
Very ethical company to work for with fair wages and great support. I always have a sense of pride when I am asked who I work for. They treat their employees with respect.