Covenant Health Canada Management reviews

Great company to work for
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Home Based18 August 2019
Very ethical company to work for with fair wages and great support. I always have a sense of pride when I am asked who I work for. They treat their employees with respect.
Good money but thats all about it
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 July 2019
Management is the worse. They will put you under the bus if you complain or report to union. You should say yes all the time and be their servant. There is minimum chance to advance or getting full time position
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Bad management and politics among the worker
worst agency to work for
Peace Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 April 2019
poorly run department with management having zero LE experience.

Union CUPE 2111 is useless as they don't care about representing the officers who only make up 40 members out of 700+ house keepers and other janitorial staffs.
Great Pay and Benefits but lacking long term plans
Finance (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 March 2019
The organization had every intention on working as efficiently as possible, but a lack of clear financial certainty (based on government policy), it made for uncertainty when planning for the future.

There are some great people in the organization and some great ideas, however, there is a lack of execution
Pros
Good pay, amazing benefits, and the right ethical intent
Cons
lack of long-term certainty, lack of understandable hierarchy
Cpo
Peace Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 January 2019
The peace officer department has the worst environment ever

I have never seen a place where everyone is so eager to throw each other under the bus and the management loves it with no professional standards unit all discipline is done by HR who has no experience with use of force or enforcement of any type

I have seen a review by another person that worked in this department and they mentioned the schedule and no vacation we have also recently released a expectation for casual employees to make them self available as much as possible or they will be dismissed
Union is of course quite about this the shifts are 12 hours long with weird start times so good luck working it into your schedule
Pros
New patrol car
Cons
Poorly ran peace officer department
Peace Officer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2018
Old equipment
No training
No chance for advancement
Management is out of touch with reality

Can’t get vacation time schedule always has a red line

Union is cupe 2111 so the mostly deals with janitors and unit clerks, often telling officers just to take the punishment management is handing out
Pros
Peace officer status
Cons
Poorly ran department always looking for bandaid solution
Great pay if that's all your looking for
Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 July 2018
Managers are only concerned with their budget, thus they don't care how the job gets done, as long as it gets done, even if you go short. You almost always do not have the tools to do your job properly. They should have employees appraise the managers because then they'd see employees are not happy.

Union protects the lazy employees; the lazy employees get whatever they want. The hard-working employees get punished with more work. There is no incentive to work hard in a unionized environment everyone gets paid the same regardless if you are hard working or not.
Pros
Wage
Fun workplace
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB7 January 2017
My typical day at work is treated by the elderly in the morning. I love the elderly and I have learned so much working with this population. Medication administration is a huge part of this position.

The management team is fantastic and my co workers are always happy to see me as I only work casual.

The hardest part of my job is when an elder passes away it is never easy saying goodbye

The most enjoyable is just being there for them
Pros
People I work with
Cons
Long drive to work