Covenant Care Employee Reviews

Positive workplace
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CA15 April 2019
I enjoyed working for this company because of their passion to take care of the clients needs. I learned that a little compassion can go a very long way.
16 April 2019

What a wonderful story. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for sharing.

Stressful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV9 April 2019
I enjoyed my work as a CNA. That is to say, I enjoyed helping others with all of their needs. Horrible place to work . Too much much favoritism & the staff are terrible . Wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone !!!!! It’s so stressful & no matter what you do you are never appreciated. negligence from workers on patients, lazy workers, bias with giving some seniority to workers
11 April 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us. We are sorry to hear you had anything but a positive experience, and we would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further. At your convenience, please call 1-844-458-238.

16 April 2019

Sorry for the incomplete phone number. Here is our full phone number: 1-844-458-2381. Thank you.

Productive working experience
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Davis, CA14 March 2019
I enjoy working here because everyone is willing to go above and beyond to give the best care to the residents. Everyone tries to meet the needs of each individual in the facility.
19 March 2019

What a wonderful story. We are happy to hear you enjoy your time working with us. Thank you for sharing.

Accomodating
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, IL3 March 2019
Cedar Ridge Health and Rehab is accommodating and will work with your schedule. The management is very helpful. There is a strong family environment. Good place to work.
13 March 2019

What a wonderful story! We are happy to hear you had a positive experience. Thank you for sharing.

Buyer beware
LVN Nurse (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CA1 March 2019
Although management is really supportive and the staff is really nice, the patient to nurse ration is ridiculous (18-22:1) !! It's incredibly unsafe, the facility is disorganized with no real leadership or direction. The place is chronically understaffed with basic caregivers (the patients complain about having to wait for a CNA for 40+ minutes) and it becomes a health hazard, yet no one does anything about it. Corporate is focused on their bottom line and not the safety of the facility, their staff or their patients. You're constantly running around stressed, no breaks or lunches here!
Pros
Nice upper management
Cons
No breaks/lunches, stressful
13 March 2019

Thank you for taking the time to bring this issue to our attention. We are sorry to hear you had anything but a positive experience, and we’d like to talk more about this. At your convenience, please call 1-844-458-2381.

Not satisfied
Cna (Current Employee) –  California26 February 2019
Nice place to work, my co worker are fun with,we have a team work force ..I only noticed now that our scheduler and DSD seems they don’t have a coordination .. they mess up the schedule especially in nocshift.
13 March 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us. We would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further. At your convenience, please call 1-844-458-2381.

Great Facility for Low Wages
Medical Records/Clerical/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Capitola, CA26 February 2019
Love the patients, residents and staff. Corporate on the other hand is lacking and severe budget cuts and wages that are not competitive for the area make it less desirable than other facilities.
Productive and fun work place
Environmental Services director (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CA22 February 2019
A very good place to work for good leadership learn more skills to use in my career staff are very good to residents and family members we all work with one hoal in mind to have residents have the best experience possible
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Interesting place to work
Assistant Business Office Manager (ABOM) (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA21 February 2019
Helpful coworkers, well there are different people who work there some are nice some are not but in general they are good people.
Management is good even though they underpay. The culture is good, many different activities, raffles, holiday dinners for employees, Christmas party. Hardest part of the job is to get all the things done on time and do it perfectly because they allocate very little time and expect a perfect quality of work.
long term, short term and rehabilitation
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV13 February 2019
This was more of a learning experience. I was thee a short time but in my training, I learned the basics of nurse assisting like changing briefs, assisting with ADL's and providing exceptional care.The management was great . I loved the support from colleagues. I especially loved connecting with the residents and making a difference in their lives. We were a family and a team.
Very positive energy
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CA11 February 2019
I loved working with the staffs, just didnt have alot of help which made work harder, time was always wasted trying to look for someone to help you. But other than that everything was great.
chronically understaffed, being asked to work extra
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Carson City, Nevada9 February 2019
I have been in their employ less than 8 weeks and have had my cardiac stethoscope stolen and a nice winter coat removed from the break room, i.e. stolen. I have been asked to work extra days since I started working on my own, chronically understaffed. Benefits are like a major medical plan, have to spend two grand before it pays for anything except basic preventative, 4 hrs a month PTO, which is like 5 days of PTO a year. Pay is low, even for local nursing homes.No breaks, work through lunch ( if you want to get everything done). The pace is relentless, and if my husband wasn't working right now due to winter layoff, I would quit in a heartbeat. The residents are lovely and it will be hard to leave them, but I am treated like I am totally disposable, so won't be staying any longer than I have to. I have no incentive to stay except for the above-mentioned reason.
Pros
Staff is friendly and helpful, except the ones that stole from me
Cons
Listed above. make your own decision.
Great company
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CA31 January 2019
Great company . I only had to leave to due having to care for my father back in 2013 after he had a second brain surgery for a tumor growing back. A typical day wouldve been clocking in , getting assigned residents for the 3pm-10:30pm shift which consistated of 15-21 residents in an 8 hour shift.i learned time management, i learned how to work with people with disabilities and health issuses physically and mentally, i learned how to communicate with medical staff and learned medical terminaolgoy and medical practices .i learned how to work in a team.the hardest part of my job was leaving my residents at the end of my shift. The most enjoyable part of of my job was helping others
Pros
Amazing staff
skill bubilding
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Capitola, CA29 January 2019
A good place to start off as a RN and build time management and prioritization skills. Faced with lots of assessment and patient communication in the rehabilitation unit. You will learn to deal with a very fast paced workload.
Pros
experience
Cons
heavy workload
Fast changing place for energetic individual
Activity Director (Current Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CA21 January 2019
Contact with the residents is the best part of my day. I also enjoy working with members of my department and have lots of respect for the wonderful the work they do with the residents
Great Organization
Integration Manager (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CA21 January 2019
Covenant Care is a great organization to work for. Everyone treats their fellow co-workers as family and one can learn a lot from working here.
Work environment is very welcoming and team effort can be seen here.
Highly recommend working here.
Just a student here.
RN Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA17 January 2019
I would rather not rate this place of employment because I was not employed by Capital Transitional Care. I was here as student nurse for my Registered Nursing Program.
One of the best facilities ive worked at
LVN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CA10 December 2018
I have been a lvn at this facility for about 3 months now. I absolutely love this facility. Everyone works as a team. Management is amazing and caring. Patients are well taken care of. The drs that are at this facility listen to the pts needs. DoN, admin and dsd are by far the best I have ever worked for. It is a small facility so its a more relaxed non stressful job. I absolutely love working here and dont plan on leaving anytime soon.
Cons
Horrible pay and working conditions
LVN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CA29 November 2018
The management is all related. They say they're "families working for families" but it's so unorganized and short staffed due to the unfair and hostile DON. Nurse's are always quitting so your having to work doubles and cover the nurses who leave. The pay is at the bottom of the barrel if your not related to the DON.
Pros
Patient's
Cons
Cut throat and back biting
na
Student Physical Therapist Assisant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV25 November 2018
Great place to learn about skilled nursing facility. Was able to implement on going plans of care to my best ability. Also transfers, patient care and on going ther ex to insure plan level of function.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covenant Care. Our community is ready to answer.