Covenant Care Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Call Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL25 May 2018
It is true that a bad day at Covenant is better than a good day somewhere else. I would recommend Covenant Care to anyone who is desiring a job and will always return there
Terrible turn over, over worked staff, severely short staffed
STNA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Versailles, OH15 May 2018
Care more about the residents and staff. Earn respect instead of sitting behind a desk. Do whatever it takes to hire adequate staff . Do treat one hall better then the whole rest of the building
Pros
Decent pay finally after getting raises
Cons
Insufficient staff, poor morale, poor leadership, no respect
Fun work environment and good management
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, IL15 May 2018
I would really recommend JSNC to employees. Pay is great, management treats you well as long as you are a worker. if you want to sit around and do nothing I don’t suggest this place to you. The staff are very friendly and will listen to any complaints you have and try to make it right. Benefits are great. They even offer a back to school loan among other things.
Pros
Happy work environment, friendly staff, great pay
Cons
Amazing place to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FL26 April 2018
On a typical day I clock in at 6:00 AM and start my day with my patients. I learn something new every day, how to communicate with many different patients, how to have patience, how to understand these people who need me the most, and overall I learn how to be a better CNA. Management at covenant care is very helpful and understanding. The hardest part of my job is having patients look at me in their time of need and beg for me to ease their pain. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can bring my patients joy and happiness in their time of need.
30 April 2018

We are pleased you shared your story with us. Thank you for the positive feedback.

Great Place to Work!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CA25 April 2018
Good news is:
Awesome manager!
Fabulous Team!
Truly good-hearted, kind people work here!
Hard Work, but Worth It!

Bad news is:
401(k) Match is discretionary.
1 May 2018

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We will pass along your kind words to our staff.

productive place, flexible hours
Med Tech, PCA (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CA22 April 2018
Relaxed work, but may be stressful
experienced talking to doctors and pharmacist
learned about medication
administered medication
assist residents with daily needs
1 May 2018

Thank you for sharing this information with us. Your feedback is very important to us and would like to learn more about your experience. At your convenience, please call 1-844-458-2381.

Horrible place to work
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, IN22 April 2018
This company needs new management and new directors. Staff is overwork and definitely under paid. Not up with the times. Management is very into their selves but not caring enough about there staff. Blame game is played a lot from management Who is going to be the fall guy this month. Covenant care would benefit to wiping out current management and upper management and getting staff in there that truly cares!!
Pros
Cons
Current management and upper management needs a definate overhaul
1 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to bring this issue to our attention. We are sorry to hear you had anything but a positive experience, and we’d like to talk more about this. At your convenience, please call 1-844-458-2381.

Good
Regional A/R Consultant (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CA17 April 2018
Company was selling off homes and boss was leaving. I worked long hours for getting receivables reduced and was disappointed when found out of sale. Boss was leaving and still stay in contact with her. The hardest part was traveling and the demand for the reduction in A/R. Most enjoyable part was seeing the progress that was made.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Corporate was not real responsive to bldg needs.
1 May 2018

We appreciate your feedback. We’re disappointed to hear about your anything but positive experience, but we benefit from learning more about your concerns. If you’re willing, we’d like the opportunity to discuss this further. Please give us a call at 1-844-458-2381.

Nightmare Nursing at its finest
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CA14 April 2018
Listen to all the bad reviews.Nightmare management.No support.Totally not worth the paycheck.If you don't lose your license, you'll lose your patience and sanity.

Physical or Mental?
CNA/LIMA (Former Employee) –  Fredericktown, MO26 March 2018
This is one of the easiest jobs I have ever worked. physically you are there for the clients to help them achieve ADL in their own homes. You walk them thru cooking process, set up their meds, remind them to take a shower or do chores. Some of the clients are absolutely amazing, and the coworkers are welcoming.
Mentally, this job has taking a lot from me. Between what ever happens in your personal life plus the stress of being responsible for yet another life is draining, The call outs and no shows are last minute and sloppy,
It is an awful place to work!!!
Health information manager (Former Employee) –  Huntingto22 March 2018
Not only was it an awful place to work in every sense of the word!!!! It I would NOT place any family member of mine there!!!!! They do not care about the type of people
They hire and the ethics of the people they hire!!! All they want is a warm body in any position that they are needing to get fill d!!!
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention!!
review
RN (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IA19 March 2018
Very busy and fast paced job. Staff is very good with patients. Many ways to learn new things. Benefits are fair to good. Higher management is always around
Education is key
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (MARKETING) (Former Employee) –  Downey, CA13 March 2018
I enjoyed career advancement and the learning tools given to provide caree advancement. I was also able t move up the company fast. The hardest part was the inconsistent management
Fast paced
Resident Assessment Coordinator/RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CA11 March 2018
Assessment and complete care of patients, gaining valuable experience in acute care setting.
• Fast pace acute setting, job duties included carrying out doctors orders, assessment implementing patient admissions
and discharges as well as administering of IV therapy, TPN blood draws.
• PICC line, Mediport, and tracheostomy care.
Pros
Cons
Understaffed
Poor Management, unsafe practice for nurses and poor patient care
RN (Former Employee) –  Los Altos, CA28 February 2018
Experienced to work in this facility for only two days. I was unable to work due to various reasons. The following are this facility has a very bad hospital practice, California Board of Nursing should see and regulate this facility. Nurses are exhausted , stressed , patient nurse ratio is high, no breaks, difficult to manage care, high risk of drug mistakes, poor patient care because of short of staffs, high rate of nurses sick calls, lack of supplies. I was traumatized , emotionally distraught, and resigned immediately. I will not put my license in danger and be unsafe in nursing practice.
Pros
Cons
as above
Very poor place to work and no room for career growth
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA11 February 2018
Staff did not receive proper education and training, even when requested. Training provided to new employees is 4 days max, two of those days in the "classroom setting." After that, you are on your own as a new grad LVN being a charge nurse taking care of sometimes 32 patients and CNA's taking care of 14 patients each approximately. Lack of supplies is always an issue, lack of resources leads to poor nursing care delivered and lots of complaints from residents and family members. When you express your concerns to management, you will be seen as a threat and will be treated poorly. The administrator has no clue about the Nursing department, some months there was no DON, it's rare for a DON to last working here for more than 3 months. Expect chaos and be aware of risking losing your license while working here.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Healthcare, requests for time off always denied, poor management, low pay 1% raise after 1 year of employment
Cut-throat toxic environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, IL10 February 2018
Senior management doesnt care about their staff or department heads. They turn a blind eye to real issues and have no respect for employees and work life balance and will work you to death. They pile on more work with no staff to work in the building then wonder why work isnt complete. They also change the rules as they go, expectations always changing. Either be a yes man and play their game or get the ax, if you arent worked to death first whatever comes first. Wouldnt recommend to anyone if you have any self respect unless you want to be treated like a doormat.
Pros
Cons
toxic/poor leadership
Horrible work environment
STNA (Former Employee) –  Port Clinton, OH9 January 2018
Mostly new management staff at their Port Clinton Ohio facility who are inexperienced, horrible at their jobs, unhelpful to their staff and who care more about gossiping at the nurses stations then taking care of residents or performing their jobs. Extremely understaffed in all departments. Extremely LOW staff morale in all departments. Lousy benefits! Their health insurance has a $2000 deductible. This company has been on a wage freeze for YEARS!! All of this explains why they can not keep staff. Do not apply at Edgewood Manor for any position!!
Terrible place
LPN (Current Employee) –  Angola, IN9 January 2018
Supplies short, unrealistic work loads, high stress , triple charting required , mandated mandatory twice a week on average. Not enough staff on floor, management clicky, no room for advancement unless part of the "group" clicky.
Dont apply at Omaha location
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE5 January 2018
Managment there is horrific, very disrespectful to staff and immature; definitely plays favorites. Staffing is poor so you are mandated a lot, CNA's and Nurses. No supplies for nursing. Turn over is terrible. This facility constantly is putting nurses licenses on the line with their staff to patient ratio.
Pros
Cons
Under staffed poor managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covenant Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7