Courtesy Ford Lincoln

Courtesy Ford Lincoln Employee Reviews

Good Guys Bad Management

Unless your 17-18 or have all the Ford certifications, don't bother going all you will do is oil changes. You must do the Ford courses but they take forever to give you your username and password to do it. It is all piece work, so if you check something for 20-30 mins but do no repair, you don't get paid. My first pay was last and a hassle to get, my next one I am still waiting on and management has not returned any calls about it. The guys there are fantastic and easy to get along with but Management including service supervisor is another story, lots of games of favouritism and say this and that but do niether. The pay rate is decent but again it's piece work, if a job takes you an hour because of something but it's in the book as a 20min job all you by paid for is 20 min. So in an 8 hour day, you could end up only getting paid 5 hours.... think long and hard about it........ I was warned about everything from 4 guys and I choose not to listen.... I should have listened to them.

Pros

Great pay, Good floor guys, decent equipment

Cons

Management, Piece work, No heat, fast turnovers no advancement

Stressful and too demanding

This place will over work you and make you stay late to get things out without wanting to pay overtime! They are so disorganized when I come to the day to day operations with not having vehicles ready for clean up to be delivered

Pros

Absolutely Nothing

Cons

Stressful, demanding, don’t care about the employees

A lot of hours and stress

It is very stressful and hard to maintain all job functions and make everyone happy. If you stress easy or like positive work, don’t even think about the auto industry.

Pros

Money

Cons

Stress

Very poor management

Very poor management, they only care about themselves and that’s it, they were supposed to pay me hourly when I started then they started paying me commission only no hourly without my approval the general manager doesn’t know how to treat employees and doesn’t know what’s going on over all horrible place to work and would not recommend it, I quit within 3 months and went to a different shop.

Excellent opportunity

Courtesy creates a proficient team and cultivates an environment for success. The opportunity for growth and development that transpires within their approach is exactly what’s needed in the automotive industry. If growth and reward is what you’re searching for they should be at the top of your list.

Hated this place!

Worse job ever! Work here if you want to get treated like horrible by all the managers, no training for office help the pay is awful, but the family gets paid well!! The HR lady is a gossiping you know what ....she tells everyone everything doesn't matter what it is she will tell!! I wouldn't go back for a million dollars!!

A lot of foot work and time waisted.

Great people and fun culture. For flat rate pay scale its horrible. Really not enough work to feed all the techs. Only left the company due to lack of income(couldnt even pay my mortgage) .

Pros

Can work on personal vehicle.

Cons

A lot of time waisted to paperwork and "complimentry" service/ diags.

Great family of employees.

Fresh new day every day. Everyone is encourage to train and better themselves to grow better careers with the store. I enjoy watching new hires develop themselves into a career vs a job. Watching them better their family and lifestyle.

Pros

Casual but competitive insentives.

Work Place Culture

The atmosphere of the dealership is one that provides more insight to a dollar earned rather than the employee earning it for the company. You are a number to this organization and will always be treated as such. What you can do for them is all they are concerned about. If you hope to have a family life then this is not the place to work. I work 7:15 -5:30 five days a week and every other Saturday. Taking time off for doctor appointments even though Im salary is deducted. I give more time in training at home to ensure Im meeting the minimum guidelines for this company and yet still it is asked what more can you do. This company has potential but not until it looks at its massive turn over rate and the reasons why.

Courtesy Ford

Been here 15 years and haven't advanced in pay or responsibilities very much at all. Benefits are outrageously expensive. The area the dealership is in has high crime.

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

No one seems to be happy with their jobs

Steady Work, Good Lunch Breaks

A typical day at work would come be me signing in and then starting on any job I did not finish. The job was steady and at sometimes slow, however I was able to finish my jobs and move on to the next one.

Pros

local

Cons

low pay

Great family owned place to work.

Great people, great morals and values and great customer and employee appreciation as well as service with plenty of room to grow further within the company.

Not a good work environment

This business cares very little about their actual employees and are more heavily concerned on their public image as a family-owned business. They consistently demean their employees and make rash, judgemental decisions based on their own personal gain or image.

Cons

Inconsistent rules, favouring of certain staff

Great Income Potential, Terrible Management

I spent years working for Courtesy Ford and while the income I made was much higher than expected the lack of respect for employees and customers is overwhelming. This is due to one simple thing, the GM. It is a family owned and operated store with the owners son running the store. His ego and desires above all else made the decisions. Unnecessary hiring of middle manager only made things worse on top of the open to close daily hours. Great money to be had but that could be said for selling cars/F&I products at any dealership if you are skilled.

Decent

I very much enjoy the group of people I work with and they type of work but pay is not what it should be for what I do for the company. I am greatful for the learning opportunity but am saddened by the lack of compensation for hard working reliable employees.

Good dealership to work at.

Great place to work, the customers, staff were great.Your day was always busy and you never know what to expect.The best part of the day was meeting your customers who you would get to know over time. Helping people who need help.

Pros

getting surprise rewards. ex. hockey tickets, lunches

Cons

position eliminated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Courtesy Ford Lincoln. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement